“Wonderful respite!”

Eau Palm Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Manalapan
Reviewed July 26, 2013

This hotel stay was a great surprise and wonderful pleasure. Basically, we wanted for nothing! The staff could not have been friendlier or more helpful. There was nothing that we needed or wanted that was not readily available to us. The location was perfect - beach, pool, distance to Palm Beach proper. We look forward to returning!

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side ARE quieter - the meeting rooms are in the North Tower - should there be a c...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Dparuolo

Reviewed July 26, 2013

I was at the Eau Palm Beach from Friday July 19th to Sunday July 21st. I had booked the trip in February under the Ritz-Carlton banner and like anyone else, was a bit worried that I wasn't going to get what I paid for. What made it even more worrisome is I decided to ask my girlfirend to marry me that weekend. Turns out, I had nothing to worry about. What a fabulous experience, from the valet, to bellmen, to check-in, concierge (Jonathan was excellent), restaurants, you name it. We were upgraded to a two room suite overlooking the ocean, and basically treated like royalty. Service was outstanding, and the place was immaculate. Our bill and charges were fair and we were not nickel and dimed like in other comparable hotels.

My fiancee and I agreed that if someone really has issues with this hotel like we read in some of the posts that got us worried, well then those people have far bigger issues to deal with in their lives than a hotel stay. Awesome place, awesome staff, unforgettable experience, and we will definitely be going back. Thanks to the Eau Palm Beach and their excellent staff for making our engagement so memorable.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Darren G
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We loved staying here. Our ocean view room was beautiful, the food great, and we loved sitting around the fire pit at night with a cocktail and snacks. The size of the hotel is just right too, beautiful décor and very pleasant staff. The cabanas are also lovely. I prefer it to the Breakers as it is more intimate of a resort.

Room Tip: Splurge for the ocean view. Afterall, that is the point of being in an ocean front resort.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Just visited this hotel in early July.. it used to be another brand. I stayed here the week it converted to a non chain hotel which was interesting and nerve wracking. The food is impressive. The buffet in the main restaurant is over the top. The spa is divine.

I didn't have my kids with me this time but I have to say that the kids club they have here has to be the best one I have seen in the state. It makes me want to come back and bring my kids next time.

So my advice to everyone looking at the hotel is not to worry about the name. Come and enjoy the beautiful resort and the amazing staff. Definitely visit the spa; it's worth the money and BRING your kids. They will love you for it.

Also, bring bug spray, it gets buggy at night and the beach is a bit windy. Bring water shoes and a snorkel/mask because it's rocky off the beach but you can go snorkeling and see so many fish right off the beach!

There is a very relaxing adult pool too. Very nice.

Room Tip: The club level has 5 mini meals included in the price. I didn't stay there but I heard that flo...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 23, 2013

stayed here when it was the Ritz Carlton. I also have stayed at the Breakers just a bit north. The Ritz is less formal and the rooms all have balconies which I prefer. Got a day pass to the spa as part of a package, that place is so serene and there was hardly anyone there. Appreciated the quiet pool as I was not traveling with children. Except when they closed the larger family pool for an event (twice in 5 days) and then everyone was crowded into the smaller and now notso quiet "quiet pool". They also closed the outdoor food early for one of the events without warning to the other hotel guests.
Here's what was REALLY RIDICULOUS- they closed the large pool not becuase they needed to for the event, but the event was out on the hotel verandah by the restaurant and the hotel closed the pool for ambiance. This was confirmed with the conventioneers who were at the event.
Other than that, this is a very nice property with great service.

Room Tip: oceanfront or ocean view room.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 22, 2013

When we booked it was the Ritz, When we arrived it was the Eau Palm Beach. We were assured that only the name had changed. When we got to the upgraded room due to the changed name with no warning, We noticed Ritz Carlton robes in the closet, very few toiletries. Not common for a 5 star hotel.
When we arrived at the "adult pool" the told us they were closing early for a wedding. We went to the standard pool and were told it would be awhile for them to secure us lounge chairs. after waiting over 10 mintues we left with no pool time. No one seemed to give a s=-t.
Our rate included a resort credit and breakfast for 2. we were assured again that the credits would be applied at the end of our stay. When we arrived home and checked our card statement they had not given the credits as promised. after 1 phone call the issue was resolved.
This is a nice place but not in palm beach. its 15 mins south of the palm beach action.
not sure if i would stay again after all the small problems. stayed july 6+7

Room Tip: ocean front there is nothing else to look at
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PHILIP W
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We have been going to the Ritz Carlton Palm Beach twice a year since 2006. As frequent visitors to the property, we were initially a bit concerned when we heard the news that the hotel would no longer be under Ritz Carlton management. We had booked our annual July vacation months ago so it was with some trepidation that we arrived at the newly rebranded hotel a week and a half ago. Well, I can tell you that it's as good as it's ever been. The staff has remained mostly unchanged, which is a great thing. Over the years, they have become like family for us. Dustin greets us at the front door with a smile and makes sure that all of our needs are met. Cos gets us situated by the pool or the ocean - always making sure our lounge chairs and umbrellas are set up just right. Sergio serves us food and drinks by the pool - constantly checking to make sure that everything is how we like it. When we were practicing a vegan diet, the hotel took great care to make sure that our needs were met. Simone and Yvonne in Temple Orange are the most attentive and friendly servers you will ever encounter anywhere. Always smiling and making sure we have what we need. They always bring a ray of sunshine to our day and we look forward to having breakfast/brunch with them each morning. My daughter loves eggs benedict. Every morning, as soon as we arrive for breakfast, Simone has an eggs benedict waiting for her. She even gets creative sometimes - using mini pancakes and waffles instead of the usual english muffins. Chef Jen is also amazing. She not only catered to our special dietary restrictions but came out from the kitchen each day to make sure everything was prepared to our liking. Oftentimes, she would shop for specialty items that the hotel did not have available in their kitchen. All of her creations were inventive and delicious - not often the case with Vegan meals. We also are very fond of Elaine, who has been cleaning our room since we first began staying at the hotel. She always seems to know the perfect time to clean so as not to disturb us - making sure we always have extra towels and a shaving kit. It is the attention to detail that makes this hotel great. We have stayed at the Breakers and the Four Seasons in the past. Both are fine hotels. But we found the Eau to be the perfect compromise between the two - not too big and not too small. All of the amenities are first rate yet easily accessible. And the Eau spa is one of the finest we have ever been to. It is pure tranquil luxury. We have just returned from our weeklong stay and are already looking forward to our next visit. It's no longer a Ritz Carlton but sometimes a name is just a name. For us, the Eau Palm Beach will remain our home away from home....

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Rob L
Also consider these accommodations in or near Manalapan
The Chesterfield Palm Beach
#1 of 1 in Ocean Ridge
The Brazilian Court Hotel
The Brazilian Court Hotel
#5 of 10 in Palm Beach

Been to Eau Palm Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!