“Good food and reasonable”
Review of Las Palmas - CLOSED

Las Palmas
Cuisines: Cuban
usa
“Good food and reasonable”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We not only had a great meal but the price was right! I will certainly return. The drink special was margarita's that night and they were also good. It was very popular so I would advise going early. They had live music that evening which was an added bonus.

Visited March 2013

Palm Bay, Florida
“Won't be going back !”
Reviewed April 10, 2012

We went to this restaurant with a Groupon gift certificate. We should have known that we were in trouble when I showed it to our waiter and told him that we would be using it and he said "what is that?". He took it and went and asked about it and returned saying it was ok. I would hope so. I always make sure the server is aware of any coupons, restaurant.com certificates etc. when we are dining so there are no problems when we pay the check. We ordered our drinks and an appetizer & our dinners. It was very busy and we waited a long time before we got our drinks. We sat there and waited and waited and never saw our waiter again after the drinks were delivered. We finally were able to flag down one of the waitresses & told her how long we had been waiting and hadn't even gotten our appetizer. At that point we were there 50 min. She was very upset & apologetic that this happened and said she would check on the status of the order. She came back and apologized and said it would be about 10 more min. and we would get the appetizer. She explained about how busy it was etc. At that point she gave us a basket of chips and salsa that she said were included. We are patient people but this was too much. At that point our original waiter appeared and said how sorry he was & said about how busy they were. He thanked us for being patient. We we finally got the appetizer, chorizo espanol, slices of Spanish sausage in onions, white wine & olive oil with bread. It was tastless. Nothing special, not what we expected. The dinners we had ordered finally were served. We had been there 1 hr. and 15 min. at that point. We love cuban food and have had it many times. We were very disappointed with their offerings. The roast pork I had was tasteless, nothing special. It was suppose to have spices. The only spice I could taste was A LOT of salt. I had ordered yellow rice and received white rice.They changed that for me. The seafood dish my husband had was ok nothing special. His rice was mushy. We really were looking forward to the experience but as I titled this, we won't be going back. Another certificate was offered that weekend on Deal Chicken.com. I was going to purchase it but I am glad I waited till we experienced this restaurant first. We like to patronize the "mom & pop" restaurants in the area. I had heard that their other locations in Palm Bay & Sebastian are very good. Sorry to say that our experience at the Malabar location wasn't very good.

• Visited April 2012