“Tough Course, use a Golf Cart”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Habitat Golf Course
Ranked #2 of 3 things to do in Malabar
Canada
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Tough Course, use a Golf Cart”
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Have played this course several times, but only made the mistake of walking it once. I golfed with a 70 something retiree who walked it two to three times a week, so thought,"What the heck! If he can do it so can I!" Big mistake! It's very long and like several of the courses I've since played here in Fla., holes and subsequent Tee boxes are really far apart....it almost feels like you should have hired a Sherpa guide! The course itself is quite chanllenging with undulating greens and some pretty tough water hazards. I really don't recommend it for beginners!

Visited December 2011

Kentucky
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“One of my favorite courses”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I had an opportunity to play the Habitat for the second time last week. While I also played other courses, this is one of the ones I remember the most. It's is a rural setting next to the Valkaria airport. They layout is very good, and one of the things I like best is there are virtually no adjancent fairways. Just a few. Once you get going, it is just you and the hole you are on. In some ways, I feel like I am playing at Jurasic Park, and some raptor is going to jump out of the trees and underbrush. By the way, there are plenty of snakes of multiple varieties, and big alligators. Don't hunt in the brush of a lost ball. They recently killed a 15' rattlesnake. The course is fun to play. A variety of tees allows you to make is as difficult as you like. This is a municipal course, well maintained, reasonable rates, decent fairways and greens, and fun to play. Don't miss it.

Visited April 2012
Long Island
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Nice course”
Reviewed January 3, 2012

Nice course right around Valkaria airport. Well layed out with plenty of water to donate balls to but very playable. Won't leave you cursing and bending clubs. Myron at the pro shop a bit of a cranky fella but not too bad. Rented clubs were good quality and had everything needed to play.

Visited December 2011
1 Thank LongIslandGman
atlanta, ga
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 85 helpful votes
“great golf”
Reviewed May 6, 2008

We just found out about this golf course and we love it. It is so beautiful and the rates are excellent!!!! Definately recommend trying this course out.

1 Thank barbiflys