“Great Neighborhood Take-out”

China Wah On
Ranked #39 of 58 Restaurants in Maitland
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed October 14, 2013

If you like chicken wings then you need to try these! Everything is cooked fresh and packaged well. Arrives home HOT and intact!

There are newer reviews for China Wah On

Reviewed August 17, 2012

This is our regular chinese place. We always ordered delivery, but when I did pick it up once, it was super busy. Tons of people getting take out. Very popular. Veggies are always fresh, sauces have good flavor, meats are tender. Our favorites are sweet and sour chicken, kung pao chicken, chicken fried rice and shrimp with broccoli. They have the fastest delivery ever, sometimes 20 mins.

Reviewed April 23, 2012

China Wahon is located in the strip mall with a Starbucks in front of the Publix on 17-92 in downtown Maitland. Nothing fancy...just a few tables and a brisk to-go business. Though I didn't try any of the entrees, there was a stead stream of customers while I waited for my carryout order. The hot and sour soup was yummy -- flavorful and a lovely texture (not the over-gummy stuff that you sometimes see). The egg rolls, hot from the fryer, were crisp and full of tender, fresh veggies. Service was friendly, too.

Reviewed September 2, 2011

My husband and I had eaten here several times for the lunch prices. Their food is not bad, but it's not great either.

The last few times we ordered from them, I ordered shredded pork with string beans, and they kept charging me a couple of dollars extra for the string beans even though the dish I was ordering is supposed to come with string beans.

Then one day we ordered our items and they said they had no string beans. So I asked if they could substitute broccoli for the string beans, since they were out of string beans and I didn't want just meat. They said yes.

We picked up our food and when we got home we found that they didn't give us the shredded pork. They gave us some pink colored pork dish with broccoli. It was not good, and it was not the shredded pork that we had ordered.

My husband called them and the lady kept trying to make it out to be our fault. She kept saying "did you order by number? You have to order by number." My husband had ordered by number and he said the name of the dish when he ordered. There was no excuse for them giving us this strange looking pork instead of the shredded pork we had ordered.

After much discussion, and no apologies for their mistake, the lady begrudgingly said she could give me the same meal for no charge the next time we came.

I ended up eating something else the day of their mistake because I didn't like what they had given me. We ended up throwing the food out.

The next time we went they gave me shredded pork with broccoli, but refused to give me rice with it, which the original dish came with. The lady said they didn't make the rice wrong the first time, so they wouldn't replace the rice, only the shredded pork and broccoli. That is so ridiculous!!! I didn't eat the rice when they made it wrong because I didn't eat the food to go with the rice. Did they expect me to save the rice for the next time we went back, which was a couple of weeks later??? HORRIBLE SERVICE!!!

I don't know about other people, but I only eat Chinese food with rice. I just don't enjoy it without rice.

My husband ended up giving me some of his rice to eat with my food, but he shouldn't have had to do that.

But I really am glad they handled this situation so poorly. It forced us to try other Chinese restaurants in the area that are not only cheaper, but which are much, much better!

Reviewed July 23, 2011

If there is decent ethnic food in Orlando it won't last or is an aberration. The song remains the same here as I arrived at the one and only decent chinese takeout in Orlando to find some very unfamiliar faces. I knew something was wrong when they told me they no longer take American Express. For $8.95, I got, yes count em, 4 whole ribs. My moist NY style fried rice I used to get here turned into the dry greasy off colored pea and carrot clad, porkless variety central florida has made famous. The other dishes were just plain awful. The chicken meowed and the shrimp hadn't seen water since the milenenium. Would the former owners please email me and let me know if you open somewhere else because I will never be back.

1  Thank Kinglouix