Extended Stay America - Orlando - Maitland - 1776 Pembrook Drive
Sheraton Orlando North(Maitland)(Great Value!)
$129
QualityInn
$67
Agoda.com
$109
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsmanager jaylong stayoffice parkhome away from homei highly recommend this hotelfront office stafffull kitchenplace to staysleeper sofathe entire staffclean roomsbed was comfortablehousekeeping stafffilamenitieslaundrypets
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 15, 2013

This hotel has excellent accommodations with good structure at great prices.
The staff are extremely helpful, kind and considerate, they are always ready to help you!!
I recommend this hotel to my friends!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Gabrielle N
Reviewed November 6, 2012

The best 2.5 star hotel I've experienced through Hotwire. I usually stay at the 3 star level as a minimum but based on the high user rating, I gave it a chance and thank goodness I did. The room was clean, spacious, and there was even a kitchen area equipped with a microwave, fridge, and stove. I don't know if these kind of kitchen amenities only exist at "Deluxe" versions of Extended Stay but I'll keep that in mind when I'm looking for a place to stay when there's an Extended Stay Deluxe around.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank solarsnorkeler
OrlandoESH, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Maitland - 1776 Pembrook Drive, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

Dear Solarsnokeler,

It was very kind of you to take the time to publish such a positive review of your stay. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of happy customers. As you have recently discovered, our unique suites are designed with you in mind. Offering amenities like a full refrigerator, stovetop, free in-room Wi-Fi, personalized voicemail, and on-premise laundry in exceptionally priced rooms. I am happy to inform you that all of our locations will have some variation of the fully equipped kitchen, which you’ve indicated, was a favorite feature. These exceptional amenities combined with our great service, has led us to be the premier extended stay option in the industry. And with guests like you, we will continue to thrive.

Warmestregards,

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Bottom line: Hotel is clean and cheep. The staff is incompetent. REALLY far from all of the theme parks. There wasn't much surrounding it at all.

My boyfriend, a friend, and I left for the hotel around 2 am after we got off from work. We arrived at 5:45. My boyfriend went to the lobby and no one was there so he used the phone provided, that is at all extended stays that I've stayed out, and is meant to call an employee to the desk. Instead, he got an operator that informed us that no one would be in until 7 am, which was outrageous because every hotel that I have ever been in has an employee there for check ins 24/7. We went in and sat in the lobby for about 45 minutes and a lady comes wandering out of a staff room and looked surprised to see us there. When asked if she had been there long she said yes, all night. She apologized many, many times, as expected.
We booked on hotwire, which automatically gave us a queen bed. We kind of expected this and were willing to make it work. However, the lady that finally appeared at the desk asked us if we wanted a double room and if we wanted smoking or nonsmoking. I know from past experience that Extended Stays charges an extra $10 to upgrade to a double room per night, I thought she was attempting to remedy her mistake by waiving the upgrade fee. She gave us they keys and told us 103, but wrote down 101 so we had to try both doors. We were also placed in a smoking room instead of a nonsmoking. At this point we were slightly annoyed but no big deal, just a miscommunication.
Then we get a call on the hotel phone two hours later that woke us up.Another employee called to inform us that we need to move to a single room for the next night and that she has to charge us a $20 fee for changing rooms and cleaning of the double room. After trying to explain that we were never informed that changing rooms was going to cost extra money and that we would not done it if we would have known we ended up hanging up the phone and walking to the lobby to speak in person because she could not comprehend what we were saying. She ended up telling us that she had to go ahead and charge the card but we could call the manager when he gets in on Monday. This was a Saturday morning. She was not apologetic, more annoyed that we were still standing there. We went and got our stuff to change rooms and when we walked by the lobby she was whispering to one of the maids and suddenly stopped when she saw us.
The first room was very clean. The only draw back was that it smelt like smoke. The second room was fairly clean, except for the sink. It had big yellow splatches in it that looked as if someone had dumped coffee in the sink without rinsing it out.
The hotel itself was very nice and clean, worth the money. However, the staff was terrible. Contrary to what their scapegoat was, every problem that we encountered was their fault, not hotwire's.

Room Tip: Avoid the late night lobbyist and you'll probably get what you booked.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Alexis F

Ms. Alexis F.

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. We are committed to providing every guest with outstanding accommodations, so I was pleased to read your remarks about the overall cleanliness of the hotel. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. For that I am truly sorry.

It is my pleasure to respond to your concern about our front desk hours. I regret that we did not successfully communicate our front desk hours to you prior to your arrival. Our front desk operates between 7 AM and 11 PM seven days/week. In the event that our guests need assistance during other hours, we always have on-staff overnight help that can be reached by phone. While we certainly do staff our hotels for overnight check-ins, it’s possible that with the staff assisting other guests, there may be a delay in the check-in process. I do apologize that your wait was excessive; we are typically more efficient at handling guest issues, and returning to the desk for very late check-ins.

Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will let us demonstrate our reinforced efforts in the future here or at any of Extended Stay Hotels(sm)' other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada."

Respectfullyyours,

Reviewed September 29, 2012

The hotel looks good and nite, but our experience was very bad, we booked a non smoking room a month ago, but unfortunately when we arrived the room smelled as smoke in a non smoking area. The hotel was sold out, so nobody could change our room to another real non smoking one. Besides, the manager told us that only way to solve this was call Hotwire to fix this issue or go to another hotel. This one was prepaid through Hotwire, so hotel couldn't do nothing but install a odorless filter. The room has no amenities (only soap) and no housekeeping for a week.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Raton33
OrlandoESH, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Maitland - 1776 Pembrook Drive, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

Dear Raton 33,

I recently received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to respond. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my sincere apologies.

I am eager to address your particular concern in this forum. Our hotel is a favorite accommodation for travelers who are staying any number of nights and prepaying through an agent such as you have. Occasionally, we get an influx of guests who need to leave their departure date open or extend their stay at the last minute, which can affect our available room inventory. In most cases, our reserve rooms are sufficient to absorb this increased demand. However, in very rare circumstances, we don't have the room types to accommodate every guest's preference. We will continue to make every effort in our power to honor your room preference, and change a guest's room when the smoking restrictions were not respected by the previous guests. Again this is a very rare occasion that we are not able to meet the needs of our guests and move rooms when needed; I see that our greatly increased occupancy during your stay was unfortunately the cause.

Respectfully yours,

Reviewed August 19, 2012

Everything you get here is in my opinion is basic hotel service and amenities. Clean, comfortable bed and quiet. The continental breakfast was coffee, yogurt, bagged bagels and muffins and not much else. No juice. The 2nd. floor hallway smelled like cigarette smoke but our room was fine. Tv remote did not work. I guess I would not, not recommend a stay here but there are other hotels I'm sure with more amenities for the price. Only here for one night so kitchenette was not used. I would think if this is for extended stays the breakfast could be more to it. It's pretty bad for only one morning. At least have some fresh doughnuts brought in. Pool area was nice but simple. We think hotwire.com is fun to use but it let us down here. Overall, an ok stay but nothing special.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
ESDORLMAIT, Manager at Extended Stay America - Orlando - Maitland - 1776 Pembrook Drive, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

I very much appreciate your generally positive feedback about our hotel. We pride ourselves in offering a clean, comfortable studio suite, at affordable rates. While we certainly understand that some guests will find our breakfast offerings more pleasing than others, we are always working to tailor the choices based on feedback. I will certainly take your recommendations of donut selections at breakfast into consideration. We strive to be better than average, and intend to continue improving our hotel to ensure we exceed the expectations of our guests. I apologize for a less than excellent overall stay. I hope you will give us another opportunity, and look forward to seeing you again!