“SoNapa Grille”
Review of SoNapa Grille - CLOSED

SoNapa Grille
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Description: SoNapa quickly grew from a wine club among friends to a wine bar and restaurant where friends could gather and share life while enjoying a glass of wine paired with light gourmet fare in a relaxed, friendly environment. A passion for wine had grown into the perfect business.
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Not my favorite; very yuppy. Noisy and pricey. They do have coupons. Think I just miss the Steak and Ale which used to be there. Convenient to library and Lake Lilly Park.

2  Thank jacquedavis19959

Reviewed July 14, 2013

My wife and I and another couple visited the restaurant for the first time on a Saturday night and the fact that it was not very crowded instantly concerned me. We were seated in a nice booth, assigned a pleasant and capable waitress. My wife ordered a Bonita Rita and it was served in a glass smaller than I had ever seen used for such a drink. At the price they charged for it it should have been at least served in a larger cocktail glass! Later we ordered ordered a steak entrée‎, a chicken entrée‎, and two fish entrée‎s. We also ordered small house salads. The salads were not worth the additional charge...very small simple,and tasteless. The meals were served even before we had finished the salads. We all found the meals flavorful and properly prepared, although each of us felt that the cook had gone crazy with his salt shaker!
I think this could be a very good restaurant with a little more attention to detail and more competitively priced.

1  Thank Travelergene
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We ate on a Thursday night, it was very empty and a huge room that felt like a cafeteria. If they could break up that room a bit, make it more intimate I would like it better. The food - O.K., not outstanding, but average. The steak was cooked a bit more than the rare I requested, and the rub was very spicy, I would like to know that in advance as I don't eat spicy food so I traded with my husband who got the scallops (cooked very niecly) on polenta cakes. Beautiful presentations, great service. No baked potatoes - that's not right for a steakhouse.... Anyway, the caprese salad was mediocre, tomatoes were not ripe and lucious, but on the green side. The cheese plate was OK, but not great. It's OK. The wine list is all California, Napa (duh) and pretty limited for a restaurant that specializes... We did enjoy the recommended wine and so got a bottle which made the night a good one for us!

1  Thank slogan1001
Reviewed June 28, 2013

There was a lot of anticipation to go to this restaurant as my fiancee and I had passed it many time but had not had the opportunity to dine there. So, for our anniversary, we decided to go. I was so excited to surprise him with this dinner date. The bar was nicely laid out and happy hour is a great value. They have a guitarist playing starting at 7 p.m. on Saturdays. Their house wine is nice and bartenders are friendly. Sitting at the bar was our high note as once we seated in the dining room it all went down hill from there.

The main reason for our disappoinment started with the service. Everything took SO long to get to our table...from taking our order drinks, appetizers and main course to finally bringing our food.

I have dined in fine dining restaurants and as such never expected to be in and out of there within an hour but this went well beyond "enjoying the experience." On top, my fiancees steak was overcooked and to re-fire a steak to medium temperature it took them another 30 minutes. Needless to say by the time round #2 came to the table, he was no longer hungry and we packed the steak to go.

We called for the manager, and she was dressed just like another server. She apologized for the issues we experienced and gave us a $10 discount on our next visit. Frankly, the 10$ do not even buy an appetizer and before I risk it again (especially after reading other reviews here) I rather stick to their happy hour and then cross the street and have dinner at Antonio's.

1  Thank Sputniktini
Reviewed June 25, 2013

After a late city council meeting we wanted a quick light supper. We stopped in at SoNapa about 8:45pm. It was very quiet and we chose to sit in the bar. We ordered the Santa Rosa flatbread to share and asked if we could get just a couple plain side salads. Our wait person was very accommodating and had them put together salads that were just perfect to go with the flat bread. All was yummy, and I had a great glass of pinot noir and DH enjoyed a beer. Just perfect!