“Wow....Excellent...” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Maitland
Windsor, Ontario Canada
“Wow....Excellent...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

We were staying here for 5 days and were going to the Daytona 500 Race. Place was spotless, wonderful meals breakfast and dinner...all included Monday to Thursday.. Food was delicious and plenty to eat. Suites well equipted with all the basic needs..Loved this place

Room Tip: great place to stay for the Daytona 500...45 min ride...Price was the best....$98.00 a night....love...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rainbowcatchers
Stephen C, General Manager at Homewood Suites Orlando-Maitland, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
I received your review today and thank you for telling me about your stay. I am happy that you enjoyed yourself and that you loved the place. This is the experience we want all of our guests to have and strive to deliver it each and every time. We hope you will stay with us again for the next Daytona 500 and possibly sooner.
We look forward to seeing you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Arabic first
Orange Park, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

My family and I were traveling to Disney to celebrate my son's birthday. Since we waited a little late to book, we ended up staying at this Homewood Suites which was a little further away from Disney than we wanted. However, it was worth the ride. This is a very clean hotel with very accommodating staff. Initially, we were placed in a smoking suite. However, the suite, itself did not really smell of smoke. We were able to be moved to a non-smoking suite. The suites were very clean with full fridge, two burner stove, m'wave, sink and dishes were also furnished. There was a coffee maker and on the kitchen table was coffee, tea and condiments for each. Very nice flat screen tv's, clean carpet, nice and comfortable beds and bed linens. The bathrooms were very clean and bright. The hot breakfast in the dining area each morning was nice as well. Free parking and internet signal was pretty good. There is an Applebees right next door and a 7-11 across the street. The hotel is very close to I-4. My family and I enjoyed staying here for the weekend (2/16-18/13). I would not hesitate to stay here again...even if it is a little further away from Disney than I would like.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Karena1stof4
My name is Steve Colkett and I am the General Manager of the Homewood Suites Maitland. I received your review today and wanted to thank you for taking the time to tell me about your stay. I am very happy to hear that your stay went so well and was worth the drive.
We always strive for 100% Guest Satisfaction and we hope we delivered this to you and your family. We would love to have you stay with us again and look forward to seeing you soon.
Fort Myers
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

Staying at Homewood Suites Orlando N - Maitland is always a pleasure. The staff is incredible! They shine in customer service and always put their guests first. The complimentary breakfast and dinner are greatly appreciated by those of us on a budget! The suites are very large and are like a home away from home! Very clean, very comfortable and very affordable. I am looking forward to returning!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Christine H
Stephen C, General Manager at Homewood Suites Orlando-Maitland, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell me about your stay. I am very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay and that my staff treated you well. I am glad that you enjoyed our breakfast and dinner selections. Our goal is to provide our guests with the perfect guest experience and we hope we delivered. I thank you for choosing to stay with us and do hope to see you again real soon.
Palm Bay, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2013

This hotel is very convenient to downtown (5-10min) yet only a skip and a hop away (30min) from I-drive. I was attending the Orlando Hamcation at the Central Florida Fairgrounds and I chose this hotel for location and price.

Our unit was one bedroom with a king bed suite. Nice setup with small kitchen as you walk in with table separating the kitchen area to the living space area with sofa and flatpanel tv with HBO nice!!. Bedroom had a smaller flat panel tv, sliding door closet with metal rack shelf, hanging rack and ironing table. Didn't use the pool nor the exercising room.

The gentleman at check in (4pm) and the lady at the checkout (12pm) was friendly and helpful. They have several of those baggage carts just inside the door or just down the hall to help move the bags to your room. The room was comfy and cozy, slept like a charm, the shower had good pressure (yes!!), and the morning breakfast bar was great!!. Enjoyed the eggs with pancakes, sausages, OJ, and good robust coffee. They also had waffle maker to make fresh hot waffles plus yogurt, cereal, and various breads.

I did notice several items needing attention. One was I couldn't get onto the internet using the Ethernet jacks, wifi worked fine. One of the bedroom window was found unlocked. This could be a security problem since my room was on the ground floor. Ceiling fan blades needed good dusting.

Overall I rate this hotel very good. This hotel also has shuttle bus service (check with front desk). Yes I will stay here again if im in the area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
My name is Stephen Colkett and I am the General Manager of the Homewood Suites Maitland. I received your review today and thank you for taking the time to tell me about your stay. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that my staff treated you well. I have shared your comments with my staff and department head and we will learn from you feedback. We are always trying to deliver the perfect guest experience and hope we did so with you. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you again soon.
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

Homewood suites in Maitland might not be the newest hotel around but it is comfortable and cozy. We thought the service at the counter was very good, friendly and very helpful. Although it is not as close to Orlando's attractions (Disney World, Universal etc.) as some other hotels, it took us 22 minutes to get to Universal Studio and the next day it took us 30 minutes to get to Epcot. Very reasonable.

The rooms are spaces and quite. Breakfast is very decent for a hotel and was plentiful. It was nice to get the newspaper every morning, something many hotels do not bother doing.

All in all, we were very comfortable there and would definitely go again.

I may be more sensitive to noises than most, however, if possible, try to get a room facing the marshland and not the parking lot. Again, like many hotels no sound proofing what so ever and even on the sixth floor it was easy to hear the v8 trucks and the occasional Harley Davidson getting in and leaving the parking lot.

Room Tip: I may be more sensitive to noises than most, however, if possible, try to get a room facing the mars...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Stephen C, General Manager at Homewood Suites Orlando-Maitland, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of our hotel. We appreciate our guests feedback as we use it to improve. I am happy to hear that your stay with us was pleasant and that my staff was friendly. We are always striving for the perfect guest experience and we hope we delivered it.
We hope to see you again in the future and if so, be sure to let us know of your room preference so we can reserve you in a room facing the marsh. We make every effort to honor our guests requests so that they will enjoy their stay and feel at home.
Thank you again for your review.
Howard, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

This hotel provided everything we look for in a nice stay. Very comfortable king bed, clean facility, very nice morning buffet, quiet surroundings and value for our money. They satisfied all of our needs. Got an e-mail from the manager asking about our stay which means the leadership and management truly care about their clients. Give this hotel a try - you won't be disappointed when you especially consider value for your money.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for telling everyone about your stay and for your kind words. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive for the perfect guest experience and we hope we delivered it to you. We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Thank you for choosing to stay with us and for taking the time to complete a review.
bullcreek Wildlife Management Area
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

no a/c all rooms are set to one temperature , no children's activities, freezing cold pool, great location, the staff was well qualified and friendly, but the hotel itself left alot to be desired. was going to stay for the week, ended up there for just one night and probably will not return....

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank LizKapushy
My name is Stephen Colkett and I am the General Manager of the Homewood Suites Maitland. I received your review and thank you for taking the time to tell me about your stay. I am sorry to hear that your stay was so unpleasant. This is certainly not the experience we want any of our guests to have while stay with us.
Our pool is an outdoor pool that is not heated. I am sorry if the temperature was too cold for you to swim. While we don't have specific children's activities here at the hotel, we do have Lewis the Duck activity books and reading books in our Suite Shop located in our Lobby. I am sorry if you were unaware we had these available.
I am unsure what your issue was with the AC in your room as each room has an electronic thermostat that you can set to your desired temperature. I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss this with you and ask that you reach out to me either by phone at 407-875-8777 or via email at maitlandgm@ih-corp.com. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Once again, thank you for taking the time to tell me about your stay. I appreciate all feedback, good or bad, as I use it to improve my hotel.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maitland
Sheraton Orlando North
Sheraton Orlando North
#2 of 6 in Maitland
Hampton Inn & Suites - Orlando-North/Altamonte Springs
Hampton Inn & Suites - Orlando-N...
#1 of 14 in Altamonte Springs
Comfort Suites Downtown
Comfort Suites Downtown
#131 of 335 in Orlando
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Orlando Altamonte Springs
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Orlan...
#2 of 14 in Altamonte Springs

Been to Homewood Suites Orlando-Maitland? Share your experiences!