“Excellent Business Hotel”

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Maitland
Melbourne, Florida
“Excellent Business Hotel”
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Everytime I travel to Orlando for training I stay here - this place is great! The location is right off I4, but it sits on a little cul-de-sac off of the main drag so there is very little street noise. Also, there is an Applebees and 7-11 right next door for dinner and late night munchies.

The suites are clean, have all the major appliances (fridge, stove, microwave, dishwasher), and contain large TVs in both main rooms. Free hot breakfast and dinner (which were pretty good) rounds it out. Only downside - the workout room had three machines, one of which was broke, so actully finding one open was tough.

However, despite that one minor issue, this is an excellent hub for this part of Orlando.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank FifiTheGreat
Stephen C, General Manager at Homewood Suites Orlando-Maitland, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
My name is Steve Colkett and I am the General Manager of the Homewood Suites Maitland. I received your review today and wanted to thank you for taking the time to tell me about your stay. I am happy to see that your stay was pleasant and my staff treated you well. We always strive for the perfect guest experience and I hope we were able to deliver this to you.
I am sorry that one of our fitness machines was not functional. My maintenance department has since corrected this issue.
We value your feedback and hope that you will visit us again when/if your travel plans bring you through Maitland.

Thank you.
Steve Colkett

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Arabic first
Knoxville, TN
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife and I stayed here one night on our way back from Miami Beach. We stayed at a very, very noisy hotel in Miami Beach and I barely slept more than 4 hours over the course of 2 nights. I was exhausted.

We decided to stay here because it was on our way back and I am very glad that we picked this hotel. It's in a very safe neighborhood. It was very quiet, clean, and comfortable. We both rested well.

The staff was friendly and helpful. I would recommend this place.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Stephen C, General Manager at Homewood Suites Orlando-Maitland, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
My name is Stephen Colkett and I am the General Manager of the Homewood Suites Maitland. I wanted to thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to tell others about your stay. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and would recommend us to others. This is certainly the experience we want our guests to have when staying with us.
We hope to see you again in the future if your travel plans bring you back through Maitland.
Thank you.
Yulee, Florida
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We can not say enough about Homewood Suite in general and this location lived up to our expectations. We checked in late and the front desk attendant was up to her ears with a wedding party and other duties but she got us checked in quickly and efficiently.

The room was well appointed, clean and comfortable. Breakfast was good as usual, the attendant was very good and helpful and engaging with the patrons.

Overall we really enjoyed the stay. The only drawback, and it was minor, was no changing table in the men's bathroom, (I didn't check the ladies room) in the lobby. I know it seems counterintuitive that I am at a hotel and I could just go up to my room and change a diaper but when you are juggling 3 kids and trying to get out the door and one needs a diaper change going back to the room is not an option. I improvised and we made it happen, but still it would be a convenience.

Overall I do not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone stopping in Orlando for any reason. We were visiting friends and family and usually stay closer to UCF but this was a viable option and the commute was no longer than an airport hotel or even one by UCF.

Definite "be back" hotel.

Room Tip: Upper floor, pool view.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Stephen C, General Manager at Homewood Suites Orlando-Maitland, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
My name is Stephen Colkett and I am the General Manager of the Homewood Suites Maitland. Thank you for taking the time to tell others about your stay with us. We really appreciate it. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and will be back. This is certainly the experience we want every guest to have when staying with us.
I thank you for your review and will look into the changing table situation as I can truly appreciate your situation being a father myself.
I look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Parrish, FL
Reviewed October 18, 2012

We picked this hotel, as we wanted a suite to accommodate business activities while my husband napped. And we wanted a good value AWAY from the Disney attractions.

The room was spacious and clean. And QUIET! We were planning on going to the Applebee's next door for dinner, but upon check-in we were told they were serving dinner. We were pleasantly surprised to get a tasty meal of salad, rolls, blackened chicken, and red beans and rice. Haven't yet tried the breakfast, but I'm sure it will be fine as well.

A couple of tiny maintenance issues could be tuned up in the hotel - the hallway carpet is stained on the 4th floor. And there is a big fish tank in the lobby that had algae growing on it. Their cleaner fish wasn't doing his job fast enough.

We didn't have time to use the workout or pool facilities, but they looked good. If you're looking for a super high end experience, this isn't it. But it's awesome for the business or family travelers and a fantastic value.

Room Tip: Had great luck in Room 409. Clean and no maintenance issues. Not a good view, but it was quiet.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Stephen C, General Manager at Homewood Suites Orlando-Maitland, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
My name is Stephen Colkett and I am the General Manager of the Homewood Suites Maitland. I received your review today and thank you for taking the time to tell me about your stay. I am happy to hear that you had a pleasant experience while staying with us. This is certainly the experience we want all of our guests to have.
We hope to see you again in the near future.
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Nice hotel for a good value in the Orlando area. A suite that can comfortably lodge 5 people for a night is always a plus and having a hot breakfast included is always nice. Having the full sized kitchen and fridge was great.

The furniture in the living area was a little rough around the edges. The faux leather armchair was certainly showing its age. But the flat screen TVs in both rooms were nice and the beds were very comfortable.

The staff was extremely friendly. We only stayed one night so we didn't interact much, but everyone always had a smile and were eager to answer any questions we had.

The actual breakfast was good. I really enjoyed the breakfast tacos, cheese grits and corned beef hash, but the French toast was a little dry around the edges for someone who doesn't drench in syrup.

Room Tip: While you're waiting for the ice machine in your room to get started you can grab ice from the m...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Stephen C, General Manager at Homewood Suites Orlando-Maitland, responded to this review, September 25, 2012
My name is Stephen Colkett and I am the General Manager of the Homewood Suites Maitland. I wanted to thank you for taking the time to complete your survey. I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that may staff treated you well. We strive to make everyone feel at home and I hope we did so in your case.
In regards to your comments about the seating in the room, I am happy to say that we will begin replacing all of this furniture in every suite starting tomorrow, September 26th and be done with this project by October 2nd.
Once again, thank you for staying with us and for telling us about your stay.
We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Statesboro, GA
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We spent one night at this hotel and it was adequate. We stayed on the third floor and the carpeting down the hallway to our room was in bad need of a cleaning. In the room, the furniture in the sitting area was very worn, for example, the bottom of the chair was torn and the fabric was hanging down. The room did appear to be clean, however, so that is why I say it was adequate.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Stephen C, General Manager at Homewood Suites Orlando-Maitland, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
My name is Stephen Colkett and I am the General Manager of the Homewood Suites Maitland. I received your review today and wanted to thank you for taking the time to tell me about your stay. While adequate may be acceptable to some places, it is not acceptable here. I am sorry that your stay was adequate.
In regards to your two comments about the property, I am happy to say that one has been rectified already and the second will be satisfied next week. We have had all the carpets in the entire hotel professionally cleaned and restored in the beginning of September and all of the soft seating in every room including the sofa, chair, and ottomans will be replaced next week.
I am sorry that you did not get to experience this while staying with us. I do hope you will consider us again in the future and we would appreciate another chance to make a better first impression.
Manhasset Hills, NY
Reviewed August 27, 2012

The fourth floor carpet is stained and needs to be replaced. Our toilet was clogged the first night and I would have to hold the toilet lever down until the water started going down in order for the toilet to work properly. The maid had forgotten to give us a second roll of toilet tissue for two days. The room chairs are a bit weathered. The morning breakfast was not as varied as other Homewood Suites as I have stayed at. In addition, some of the meals would be depleted and not replenished probably because we arrived at the tail end of the dining hours. There is no hot tub and the pool area was not maintained. The pool towels were not restocked on Sunday morning and a guest had to get a few towels for the swimmers. The towels left on the lounge chairs from the previous night were not picked up by housekeeping and there were cigarette butts left on the pool area floor. This Homewood Suite stay was a disappointment as my expectations were not met compared to other Homewood Suites.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Stephen C, General Manager at Homewood Suites Orlando-Maitland, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
My name is Stephen Colkett and I am the new General Manager of the Homewood Suites Orlando-Maitland. I received your review today and wanted to thank you for taking the time to provide me with feedback about your stay. I appreciate all feedback, good or bad, as I use it to improve my hotel.
I am sorry to see that you experienced issues while staying at my hotel. This is never the experience we want any of our guests to have. The carpet and chair issues you encountered are, while accurate, on our to do list and will both be rectified in the next two weeks as we are having the carpet professional cleaned on all six floors as well as replacing all the soft seating in every guest suite.
Thank you for your feedback about the toilet not working in your room. I've worked with our maintenance team to fix the issue. I am just sorry we did not resolve it sooner. I have also addressed your concerns with my housekeeping and breakfast staff to correct the issue you mentioned.
Again, I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced and want you to know that we use reviews such as this to improve. Thank you again for your review and I do hope you will consider staying with us in the future so you can experience the wonderful changes taking place.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maitland
Sheraton Orlando North
Sheraton Orlando North
#2 of 6 in Maitland
The Alfond Inn
The Alfond Inn
#1 of 2 in Winter Park
Hampton Inn & Suites - Orlando-North/Altamonte Springs
Hampton Inn & Suites - Orlando-N...
#1 of 14 in Altamonte Springs
Courtyard by Marriott Orlando Downtown
Quality Inn & Suites Winter Park Village Area
Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando - North
Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando...
#3 of 14 in Altamonte Springs

Been to Homewood Suites Orlando-Maitland? Share your experiences!