“Not as nice as other Homewood Suites as I have stayed at”

Homewood Suites Orlando-Maitland
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Maitland
Manhasset Hills, NY
“Not as nice as other Homewood Suites as I have stayed at”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

The fourth floor carpet is stained and needs to be replaced. Our toilet was clogged the first night and I would have to hold the toilet lever down until the water started going down in order for the toilet to work properly. The maid had forgotten to give us a second roll of toilet tissue for two days. The room chairs are a bit weathered. The morning breakfast was not as varied as other Homewood Suites as I have stayed at. In addition, some of the meals would be depleted and not replenished probably because we arrived at the tail end of the dining hours. There is no hot tub and the pool area was not maintained. The pool towels were not restocked on Sunday morning and a guest had to get a few towels for the swimmers. The towels left on the lounge chairs from the previous night were not picked up by housekeeping and there were cigarette butts left on the pool area floor. This Homewood Suite stay was a disappointment as my expectations were not met compared to other Homewood Suites.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Stephen C, General Manager at Homewood Suites Orlando-Maitland, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
My name is Stephen Colkett and I am the new General Manager of the Homewood Suites Orlando-Maitland. I received your review today and wanted to thank you for taking the time to provide me with feedback about your stay. I appreciate all feedback, good or bad, as I use it to improve my hotel.
I am sorry to see that you experienced issues while staying at my hotel. This is never the experience we want any of our guests to have. The carpet and chair issues you encountered are, while accurate, on our to do list and will both be rectified in the next two weeks as we are having the carpet professional cleaned on all six floors as well as replacing all the soft seating in every guest suite.
Thank you for your feedback about the toilet not working in your room. I've worked with our maintenance team to fix the issue. I am just sorry we did not resolve it sooner. I have also addressed your concerns with my housekeeping and breakfast staff to correct the issue you mentioned.
Again, I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced and want you to know that we use reviews such as this to improve. Thank you again for your review and I do hope you will consider staying with us in the future so you can experience the wonderful changes taking place.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Arabic first
Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

The rooms were very spacious, clean, and everything worked. The internet was fast and had no problems logging on. There were area restaurants around and within walking distance. Very relaxed atmosphere and staff very nice.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank JimTigerPT
My name is Stephen Colkett and I am the General Manager of the Homewood Suites Orlando-Maitland. I received your review today and wanted to thank you for taking the time to provide me with feedback about your stay. I appreciate all feedback, good or bad, as I use it to improve my hotel.
I am glad to hear that you were satisfied with your entire stay. We continue to strive for the perfect guest experience and hope we delivered this to you. We hope to see you again real soon as we continue to improve our hotel and would love for you to see the changes.
Maryville, IL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

If you would like a nice hotel in quiet setting, try this one. It is close to everything (except Disney) but out of the way. The rooms are excellent with a full kitchen and separate bedroom and living area. I have stayed at this site many times and the experience is always great.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank LARRYH H
I am happy to see that your stay with us was pleasant. We always strive to provide our guests with the perfect guest experience and hope we do so in your case. We appreciate your continued patronage and hope to see you again real soon.
Columbia, South Carolina, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2012

The staff were all very helpful and courteous. The free breakfast was more than adequate, with plenty of choices.

The room was clean, welcoming and provided ample space for two adults and two children.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Roadwarriorretired
I am happy to see that your stay with us was pleasant and that my staff treated you well. We are always striving to provide our guests the home away from home feeling and hope we did so in your case.
We hope to see you again soon.
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

Stayed at the hotel in June 2012 for one week, was an ideal location. It perfectly suited our family for a vacation. We wanted to be away from the hustle and bustle on international drive, yet be still close enough to travel to the attractions.

The hotel is located close to the I4, but cannot be heard from the hotel. One side of the hotel backs onto a fenced forest area, nice and quiet but heard some strange animal noises at night time on our last night!

The pool area was ideal, small enough but really quiet that we nearly always had the place to ourselves. The food was fantastic, high quality and plentiful and in particular the waiting staff were brilliant, friendly and helpful. The evening meals monday - thursday were really nice, something different every night! The price was appropriate and excellent value. We would definitely recommend this hotel and stay here again in the future.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank IrishFamily16
I am very happy to see that you enjoyed your stay and would recommend us to people you know. We always strive to give our guests the perfect guest experience and hope we did so in your case.
Hope to see you again in the future.
Plano, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

First room bathroom was dirty. The toilet seat had not been cleaned. I called the front desk and they ask if i wanted a new room or have the current one cleaned. I asked for a new room.

I happened to ride in th elevator with the cleaning staff and overheard the front desk talking about me on the walkie-talkie. I mentioned this to the front desk and they said " so what....it is true".

So many other hotels in the area.....might go somewhere else next time. Even though they have free beer at the dinner buffet.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
, General Manager at Homewood Suites Orlando-Maitland, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
My name is Stephen Colkett and I am the new General Manager of the Homewood Suites Maitland. I received your review today and wanted to thank you for taking the time to provide me with valuable feedback about your stay. I appreciate all feedback, good or bad, as I use it to improve my hotel.
I am sorry to see that your stay was not pleasant. This is certainly not the impression we want any of our guests to have. I apologize that there were issues in your room that forced you to move to a new room. I do hope that after moving, you found your new room acceptable.
I apologize for any unprofessional or unfriendly encounter with my staff. This is never acceptable and I would like to follow up on this immediately. I would appreciate it if you could contact me either by phone at 407-875-8777 or by email maitlandgm@ih-corp.com so that I may obtain some details of your reservation so that I may address it properly.
Once again, I apologize for any and all inconveniences experienced while staying at my hotel. We always strive for the perfect guest experience and I am sorry we failed to do so in your case.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

Truely recommended to everyone, clean and very quiet neighborhood, close to I4 and Orlando theme parks.

• Stayed November 2011
Hope to see you again in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maitland
Sheraton Orlando North
Sheraton Orlando North
#2 of 6 in Maitland
Hampton Inn & Suites - Orlando-North/Altamonte Springs
Hampton Inn & Suites - Orlando-N...
#1 of 14 in Altamonte Springs
The Alfond Inn
The Alfond Inn
#1 of 2 in Winter Park
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Orlando Altamonte Springs
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Orlan...
#2 of 14 in Altamonte Springs
Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando - North
Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando...
#3 of 14 in Altamonte Springs
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,148 reviews
Quality Inn & Suites Winter Park Village Area

Been to Homewood Suites Orlando-Maitland? Share your experiences!