“Good place overall, but could use some infrastructure stimulus.”

Homewood Suites Orlando-Maitland
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Maitland
Reviewed June 19, 2012

Comfortable place, quiet, helpful staff, nice breakfast and little pool area. Great value for the $$. However, there were some issued with plumbing due to simply age, nothing major, and at one point we had to change our room. Hopefully the insides will be updated as well as the outside (decor). All in all, a nice to place to stay on this side of Orlandol

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank sarhop
Management response:Responded June 22, 2012

My name is Stephen Colkett and I am the new General Manager of the Homewood Suites Orlando-Maitland. I received your review today and wanted to thank you for taking the time to provide me with feedback about your stay. I appreciate all feedback, good or bad, as I use it to improve my hotel.
I am happy to see that overall you were satisfied with your stay. I am sorry you experienced trouble with your plumbing, forcing you to move rooms. While problems like this happen unexpectedly, I do hope my staff responding quickly and professionally and made the move as easy as possible.
Once again I thank you for taking the time to tell me about your stay and do hope that you will consider us again when your travels bring you through Maitland.

There are newer reviews for Homewood Suites Orlando-Maitland

Reviewed June 3, 2012

Very convenient business hotel. Staff was friendly and helpful with early check-in.

Room Tip: First foor was quiet.
2  Thank hiltongirl357
Management response:Responded June 22, 2012

I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay and that my staff treated you well. We strive to provide our guests with the perfect experience and hope we did so in your case.
I hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed May 28, 2012

Good staff, comfortable, accommodating, convenient to Orlando attractions yet away from the crowds, close to both airports... worth a little extra

Room Tip: two room suites are very nice if you want to have some space from others in your party, upper floors...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank naboodle
Management response:Responded June 22, 2012

I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and do hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed May 23, 2012

Stayed here for long weekend while traveling to Orlando for a wedding. The staff went above and beyond to make our stay pleasurable. They all greeted us in the hallways and were quick to handle any requests. Gerald in the dining room at breakfast time was extremely helpful.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank luv2travel01960
Management response:Responded June 22, 2012

I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that my staff was pleasant and accomodating, especially Gerald. I will be sure to pass your compliment on to him.
I hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed May 10, 2012

I spent 4 nights here on business. This is the first Homewood Suites I have stayed in and was very impressed! The rooms are nice with lots of space. I had a room with a king bed in the bedroom with an adjoining living room/kitchen. The room was very clean, although it would have been helpful if they would leave dish detergent in some fashion like the shampoos, lotions and such. One thing that did disappoint me was the evening manager's meal. The hotel was very busy and the food ran out every night well before the time of the end of the meal. Otherwise, the staff were very accomodating and I would definitely stay there again if I return to the area. A great place!!!

Management response:Responded June 22, 2012

I am glad to see that you were satisfied with your stay. We are always striving for the perfect guest experience. I have taken your comments in regards to the dish detergent back to the staff and we have now begun having the dish detergent in every room.
I am sorry that we did not stock the evening socials properly and there were times we were out of food. We have made efforts to improve this as this is never acceptable.
I thank you for your comments and look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed May 10, 2012

First the Good News: Rooms are spacious and clean, amenities are numerous and convenient, and the reasonable rate includes a full breakfast and dinner with wine. The manager was very friendly and the gated wildlife area behind the building is great for birdwatchers. The location provides easy access to Interstate 4.

Now the Bad News: The common areas (like hallways) were not clean. The front desk personnel lacked good social skills and the pool area was closed off to guests with no explanation. I had to drag a chair from my room in order to have something to sit on outside while I read and relaxed. I would think that just a few well placed benches outside along the fence that borders the wildlife area would be a big improvement for guests.

I'd recommend this property to anyone who is looking for a good price, a good location and who doesn't need to go out for his or her meals---in otherwords, if you just need a place to sleep and eat and you are on a tight budget. If you want more than that, look elsewhere.

Management response:Responded June 22, 2012

I'm sorry you experienced issues while staying at my hotel. This is certainly not the impression we want any of our guests to have of us. I am unsure why the pool was closed during your stay as I was not at the property yet but do apologize that it was. The pool is a great guest amenity and we make every attempt to keep it open year round. I have relayed your comments about the public area uncleanliness back to the staff and challenged them to make sure it does not happen again. Our first floor carpeting is in the process of being repaired/replaced as it has been soiled due to hard usage.
Once again I thank you for your comments as we take them seriously and look to improve upon all of them.
I do hope you would consider us in the future to witness first hand the changes we are making.

Reviewed April 29, 2012

We booked two rooms for one night - our first at Homewood Suites. We are Hilton Honor Members and have stayed in Hiltons and Embassy Suites. On check in the older lady at reception was almost rude. The rooms were clean, but there were dirty glasses and trash in the hallways, on tables by the elevators, everywhere. We went to dinner and came back to go swimming, you have to walk through the back of the lobby to get to the pool and there were full trash cans and big bags of trash stacked up in front of the doors. We asked the guy at the front desk if we were supposed to climb over the trash to get outside and he said we could go around to another door which was an emergency exit. There was also at this time trash in the coffee area overflowing with ants climbing all over the counter. The pool area had dirty towels laying all over as well as trash all over tables and on the ground (it still looked the same in the morning). The beds were comfortable and it was quiet to sleep. The breakfast was fair- but the eggs were gross and there were still ants crawling over the counters and in the sugar. On leaving there were big bags of trash everywhere from the maids cleaning the rooms. We were embarrassed that we had booked the hotel and brought friends with us- definitely not up to the Hilton name. We would NEVER stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
Management response:Responded June 22, 2012

I am sorry to see that your stay with us was so unpleasant. This is certainly not the impression we want anyone to have of us and I am sorry it reflected poorly to your friends. As I was not at the property yet I can not provide you an explanation as to why the property was like this. I can only tell you that the property is now under new management and we will not let it get into such horrible conditions. I am aware that this does nothing to change the stay you had with us and I am sorry for that.
I understand your desire to never stay with us again but do hope you would consider giving us another chance to show you the changes that have been made and are being made. I do hope to see you again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Maitland
Sheraton Orlando North
Sheraton Orlando North
#2 of 6 in Maitland
The Alfond Inn
The Alfond Inn
#1 of 2 in Winter Park
Hampton Inn & Suites - Orlando-North/Altamonte Springs
Hampton Inn & Suites - Orlando-N...
#1 of 14 in Altamonte Springs
Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando - North
Embassy Suites by Hilton Orlando...
#3 of 14 in Altamonte Springs
Courtyard Orlando Altamonte Springs/Maitland
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Orlando Altamonte Springs
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham Orlan...
#2 of 14 in Altamonte Springs

Been to Homewood Suites Orlando-Maitland? Share your experiences!