“Staff goes above and beyond”

Homewood Suites Orlando-Maitland
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Maitland
Peabody, Massachusetts
“Staff goes above and beyond”
Reviewed May 23, 2012

Stayed here for long weekend while traveling to Orlando for a wedding. The staff went above and beyond to make our stay pleasurable. They all greeted us in the hallways and were quick to handle any requests. Gerald in the dining room at breakfast time was extremely helpful.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank luv2travel01960
, General Manager at Homewood Suites Orlando-Maitland, responded to this review, June 22, 2012
My name is Stephen Colkett and I am the new General Manager of the Homewood Suites Orlando-Maitland. I received your review today and wanted to thank you for taking the time to provide me with feedback about your stay. I appreciate all feedback, good or bad, as I use it to improve my hotel.
I am happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that my staff was pleasant and accomodating, especially Gerald. I will be sure to pass your compliment on to him.
I hope to see you again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Arabic first
Forest City, North Carolina
Reviewed May 10, 2012

I spent 4 nights here on business. This is the first Homewood Suites I have stayed in and was very impressed! The rooms are nice with lots of space. I had a room with a king bed in the bedroom with an adjoining living room/kitchen. The room was very clean, although it would have been helpful if they would leave dish detergent in some fashion like the shampoos, lotions and such. One thing that did disappoint me was the evening manager's meal. The hotel was very busy and the food ran out every night well before the time of the end of the meal. Otherwise, the staff were very accomodating and I would definitely stay there again if I return to the area. A great place!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
I am glad to see that you were satisfied with your stay. We are always striving for the perfect guest experience. I have taken your comments in regards to the dish detergent back to the staff and we have now begun having the dish detergent in every room.
I am sorry that we did not stock the evening socials properly and there were times we were out of food. We have made efforts to improve this as this is never acceptable.
I thank you for your comments and look forward to seeing you again.
Florida
Reviewed May 10, 2012

First the Good News: Rooms are spacious and clean, amenities are numerous and convenient, and the reasonable rate includes a full breakfast and dinner with wine. The manager was very friendly and the gated wildlife area behind the building is great for birdwatchers. The location provides easy access to Interstate 4.

Now the Bad News: The common areas (like hallways) were not clean. The front desk personnel lacked good social skills and the pool area was closed off to guests with no explanation. I had to drag a chair from my room in order to have something to sit on outside while I read and relaxed. I would think that just a few well placed benches outside along the fence that borders the wildlife area would be a big improvement for guests.

I'd recommend this property to anyone who is looking for a good price, a good location and who doesn't need to go out for his or her meals---in otherwords, if you just need a place to sleep and eat and you are on a tight budget. If you want more than that, look elsewhere.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
I'm sorry you experienced issues while staying at my hotel. This is certainly not the impression we want any of our guests to have of us. I am unsure why the pool was closed during your stay as I was not at the property yet but do apologize that it was. The pool is a great guest amenity and we make every attempt to keep it open year round. I have relayed your comments about the public area uncleanliness back to the staff and challenged them to make sure it does not happen again. Our first floor carpeting is in the process of being repaired/replaced as it has been soiled due to hard usage.
Once again I thank you for your comments as we take them seriously and look to improve upon all of them.
I do hope you would consider us in the future to witness first hand the changes we are making.
Seminole, Florida
Reviewed April 29, 2012

We booked two rooms for one night - our first at Homewood Suites. We are Hilton Honor Members and have stayed in Hiltons and Embassy Suites. On check in the older lady at reception was almost rude. The rooms were clean, but there were dirty glasses and trash in the hallways, on tables by the elevators, everywhere. We went to dinner and came back to go swimming, you have to walk through the back of the lobby to get to the pool and there were full trash cans and big bags of trash stacked up in front of the doors. We asked the guy at the front desk if we were supposed to climb over the trash to get outside and he said we could go around to another door which was an emergency exit. There was also at this time trash in the coffee area overflowing with ants climbing all over the counter. The pool area had dirty towels laying all over as well as trash all over tables and on the ground (it still looked the same in the morning). The beds were comfortable and it was quiet to sleep. The breakfast was fair- but the eggs were gross and there were still ants crawling over the counters and in the sugar. On leaving there were big bags of trash everywhere from the maids cleaning the rooms. We were embarrassed that we had booked the hotel and brought friends with us- definitely not up to the Hilton name. We would NEVER stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
I am sorry to see that your stay with us was so unpleasant. This is certainly not the impression we want anyone to have of us and I am sorry it reflected poorly to your friends. As I was not at the property yet I can not provide you an explanation as to why the property was like this. I can only tell you that the property is now under new management and we will not let it get into such horrible conditions. I am aware that this does nothing to change the stay you had with us and I am sorry for that.
I understand your desire to never stay with us again but do hope you would consider giving us another chance to show you the changes that have been made and are being made. I do hope to see you again in the future.
Alabama
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Usually stay at the Sheraton, decided to give Homewood Suites a try, trying to save money and since this was a suite was hoping this would work. Room was clean, but could use some updating, especially in the bathroom. Room was very spacious, was surprised by the amenities. If you need them, there was full size fridge in our room, table with four chairs, microwave, dishwasher, two-eye stove burner. Sometimes I have found a hotel room with these amenities is not as nice as this one was. I was really surprised. The sofa let out into a bed so having four people in a room with only one king size bed this was what we needed. The bedroom area was huge with doors that closed off to have privacy from the living area with the sofa bed. Only one bathroom. Was surprised by the buffet. At night, (Mon-Thur) they have a dinner buffet which we were surprised about. The night we arrive they had chicken fingers, green beans, salad, can't remember what else, but also wine and bud light on tap. All included. There was something different for breakfast every morning we were there Fri. thru. Mon. The staff manning the buffet area went above and beyond, left them a nice tip on Monday as we were leaving. The only complaint I would have at all were the front desk people. Most of them unfriendly, cold, acted liked you were bothering them if you needed something. My room key kept messing up and I repeatedly had to have it fixed. Other than that, will probably stay here from now on when I am in this area.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
I am happy to see that you were satisfied with your stay and do hope that you will continue using us in the future. I am new to the property and was not here when you stayed so I cannot take credit for the good things you experienced. I will, however, take your comments about the front desk staff back to them and challenge them to be better.
Once again, thank you for taking the time to tell me about your stay.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed April 12, 2012

We stayed one night, so we can't really comment on anything except our room and breakfast. The room was nice, but the AC was noisy, and I had to get up 3 times to shut it off to stop it from rattling. The toilet was also making noise due to the "ghost in the toilet" problem. I let the manager know, and he apologized and told me we could have changed rooms. I let him know that we didn't request that because we arrived really late (after 12:30am). I'm sure he would have made it right had we asked.

The breakfast was good, but the orange juice was pretty watered down, and not enjoyable. The man who was attending to it was really nice, and even had some tips on the counter that guests had left for him.

I would recommend this place for sure. Just don't be afraid to mention problems if there are any. That goes with any hotel, of course.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Murrells Inlet, South Carolina
Reviewed April 6, 2012

We stayed at the Homewood Suite Maitland for three nights while in N. Orlando. Super clean...very comfortable suites....but it was the staff that AMAZED us. Everyone, from the reception to the dining room, to housekeeping greeted us with a friendly smile and made it their job to see that our stay was a pleasant one. Hot Breakfast and dinner with beer and wine is included and it was a very good alternative on those days you don't want to eat out.

Room Tip: The property is just 1/4 mile off I-4 but in a secluded office park setting. No highway noise at al...