“A great Best Western in Florida.”

Best Western Plus Madison Inn
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Madison
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Great Hotel and Wonderful staff. Cindy provided great customer service. I called while on the rode and she was so polite. When we finally arrived, the check in was quick and easy. Cindy was such a nice person. In the morning, after a great breakfast, Lance had taken care of everything. We did not need to rush nor worry about checking out. A great nights sleep, a clean room and overall a great experience.

Room Tip: Always book early for the best room and rates.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
bestwestern167, General Manager at Best Western Plus Madison Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Thank you so much for your response. We are so glad that Cindy helped to make your stay more enjoyable. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Madison Inn

Reviewed July 7, 2012

Late night arrival to this property was a pleasure. Cindy with just three weeks on the job was friendly and professional at check in. The room was well done, clean and nice and cold. Great after a hot Florida travel day. I liked the remote control sanitary cover. Nice furnishings, more than I expected for what I paid with AARP discount. Breakfast was really good. I love that waffle maker. Could not walk by the front desk without a hello or good morning. My wife and I own a motel property and strive to provide the environment this operator delivers. We will be back.

Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments, especially coming from someone in the business. We are so glad that we were able to provide the service that you try to provide for your guest. We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed July 1, 2012

This was a beautiful motel. It was much differet then the last time I stayed at a BW. We were on a road trip and I was surprised at the prices....not for the good. I usually stay at Mariotts and sometimes Holiday Inns and this motel was the most expensive that we encountered. The desk clerk refused to budge on the price and we were so exhausted we just didn't want to drive anymore. Put us in a 1st floor room that smelled so bad of sulfur (due to spraying the perimeter) that we had to ask for a change. We were very happy with the room, clean, good mattress, and comfortable.

Room Tip: We were happy with the room on the 3rd floor. The one on the bottom floor had some bad smell.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you were able to stay with us during a busy time in May. We apoloze for the smell from our lawn care people, as they endeavour to keep our place well maintained. I am glad that the room on the third floor made your experience enjoyable.

Reviewed June 2, 2012

This hotel sets a new standard for establishments in this price range. Staff exemplifies the model of customer service, the beds are superbly comfortable (unlike the subpar mattresses you usually encounter for this price), and the hotel is spotless. The morning breakfast is a step up from the typical continental, including some hot items. We were truly surprised to find such a great experience when selecting a hotel based only on its proximity to the interstate.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Amberleah14

Thank you so much for this wonderful review. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay at the Best Western Plus Madison Inn. We look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed April 17, 2012

We were travelling from South Mississippi to South Florida for Spring Break, wanting to stop in Tallahassee for the night. We called ahead to a few hotels in Tallahassee from Chipley and found everything was booked for college events! I projected out further east and found Best Western Plus Madison Inn. I called ahead to verify price and availability, and we headed the next 100+ miles down the road, arriving around midnight local time. The property was well lit, easy access, convenient gas stations, right by the interstate.

Check in was fast, night clerk was very nice, Irish? Ira? I asked for a beach view and got a smile. :) We got up to our room and I set up the laptop to send out emails to family to let them know our whereabouts. I could not immediately figure the internet service out, so I simply called Irish at the front desk and she told me just what to do. I was online in moments. We all three had great cell reception with our CSPIRE carrier. Bathroom was nice and roomy, beds were comfortable with nice linens, good pillows, though we brought our own, as usual.

Up the next morning for breakfast, and it was that: breakfast. Standard hotel fare, included in the price. The area was neat and well stocked, the people were friendly. The manager at the check in desk had the fresh fruit on the counter there, so we got an apple, orange, banana. He also provided toothpaste as we did not unpack it from the truck for this overnight stay. Very nice touch.

Check out was simple. I just pulled the truck under the portico since it was raining, dropped off the key cards, loaded up and off we went.

I would recommend this hotel for a stopover place on your way to your destination. It would be nice if they could lower the price a bit. I paid twice what I was going to pay in Tallahassee, but this WAS a better property.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 24, 2012

This location is right off the Interstate, with a lot of truck traffic in the immediate vicinity. However, rooms were good, staff was pleasant and acccomodating. Only down side for us was that we were unable to find a single restaurant in the area that could provide my wife with a gluten-free meal. Frustrating!!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 8, 2012

This is a nice property, clean and odor-free, with the standard BW Plus rooms. It gets only an average rating because of the WIFI and cell phone coverage. If you need to be connected, as we do, you should stay elsewhere. Only Verizon has coverage here, so if you have another cell provider, you won't have a signal. The WIFI wasn't working when we arrived, and the front desk had no clue what to do. She had us call their provider, and we spent over a half hour on the phone with him before we got it going again. We were aggravated that after a long day of driving we had to fix the problem for the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Madison
Days Inn Madison
Holiday Inn Express Live Oak
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Perry
Days Inn Lake Park/Valdosta
Hampton Inn Valdosta/Lake Park Area

Been to Best Western Plus Madison Inn? Share your experiences!