“Nice/clean/quiet” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Madison
Clearwater, Florida
“Nice/clean/quiet”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2012

As Days Inns go, this was above average. It apparently is a franchise as the "owners" still had cards at the desk. We had some trouble signing in on theh WiFi but the lady at the desk helped us with a smile. The pool is large and clean but is not shaded. All the amenities were available. Would recommend for anyone going thru that area.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Busan, South Korea
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 30, 2012

For about $60/night we got a clean room with a king-sized bed, refrigerator, microwave and free wifi. The AC was a little loud and woke me a few times. The free breakfast served in the lobby (no longer Denny's) consists of bagels, pastries, donuts, cereal, juice, etc. The grounds are not beautiful but all is clean and well-kept. Great place to bed down for the night when traveling I-10.

Room Tip: Room 105 has a king-sized bed and is close to the office.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Ft Myers, FL
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2012

One of the reasons we selected this motel was the reviews stated it came with a complementary breakfast at the next door Denny's. This practice was stopped this month. They now offer a continental breakfast in the motel office. Their breakfast consists of coffee, juice, toast and cold cereal. Also there are no tables and only a coule of chairs. That said, the motel is still a good buy. The best rate was from AARP at an average of $53.per night. The rooms, while small, were clean and ours had a frig. and microwave. The staff was curteous. I was told by the staff that this motel and the neighboring Denny's and Motel 8 are all owned by the same person. It's a convient location right off I-10. BTW, Denny's has some good deals on breakfast, their value meals: 2 eggs and 2 hotcakes with bacon or sausage for $4, biscuit, sausage gravy and 1 egg for $2.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 19, 2011

We were on the last leg of our journey home from vacation and decided to stop here for the night. My daughter checked us in and put the room on my credit card then the next day, I discovered I paid $79 for the room and it included a regular slam breakfast at Dennys, which was located next door, but no other immenities!
We went to the door we were assigned to check in and the room key didn't work. My daughter had to walk down to the lobby and get us checked out of one room and down about 8 rooms to another one. My grandson was exhausted and started crying.
The room was clean, beds were comfortable, shower had a little mold in the corner. It was definitely not worth the money though - especially after spending the last 10 days of our vacation in 5 motels that offered a lot more.
We did have a room that was suppose to be non-smoking but it had a heavy smoke odor. Thank goodness we carry disinfectant with us!

Room Tip: It seems that the truckers were all assigned rooms in the back so if you are concerned about noise...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2010

This Days Inn was definately worth the money. For two nights we paid a total of $130 (tax inc) which also included a breakfast @ Denney's that was located in the same parking lot. It wasn't just a muffin or a doughnut. The breakfast included eggs, pancakes, bacon and a drink. We would have paid at least $25 for the breakfast for the 3 in our family. The room was very no frills, but for the money you don't expect it to be fancy. It was very clean which was more important. The only negative aspects were that the room was only furnished with 3 towels, 2 handtowels and bathcloths. However, when we asked for more, they gladly provided them. The pool wasn't open for use yet. We were advised that it wasn't warm enough yet. Also, the room didn't include an iron/ironing board. However, if requested, they can provide you with one. All in all, if I was back in the area, I would definately stay again.

Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2006

It was the perfect combination, a Hotel & Denny's on the same lot! The friendly lady at the front desk quickly checked me in, I asked about wireless Internet, but there was none available at this location... No big deal, I can go one day without the Internet! The first thing that I noticed when entering the room was the large counter top (outside the bathroom), it seemed kinda bare, like something was missing, maybe it was just its' large size? One thing that was missing was the safe, I could see where it was, but I don't use them anyhow. I walked over to Denny's and brought my food back to the room, watched some TV (tons of cable channels here!). When I went to brush my teeth before bed I could not help but notice the water, it was extremely cloudy, although the water in the toilet was clear!?! So, I didn't rinse my mouth out with toilet water LOL... The bath tub seemed to have clear water too, so I used that, I figured there was maybe something wrong with the sink's pipes... When I had a shower in the morning the water did go a bit cloudy then cleared up (I later learned that they run off of a Well, and that happens sometimes. There is tons of parking for large truck directly behind the Denny's!

• Stayed November 2006, traveled on business
      Check in / front desk
1 Thank Avistow
daysinn05595, General manager at Days Inn Madison, responded to this review, February 18, 2010
Thank you for your review. We now have city water at the property and we offer free hot breakfast at the Dennys that is located next door.
Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2004

We stopped here on July 22nd on the way to Miami. The hotel is great, at an EXTREMELY reasonable rate. It's an easy on-off from I-10, but in a quiet well kept location. I absolutely loved the convenience of the Denny's right in the hotel parking lot. The room was very clean and came with a microwave/refrig combo, as well as a built in hair dryer in the vanity area. All together, this hotel was a very pleasant surprise.

1 Thank bibliotecario
Also consider these accommodations in or near Madison
Days Inn Lake Park/Valdosta
Hampton Inn Valdosta/Lake Park Area
BEST WESTERN PLUS Valdosta Hotel & Suites
Drury Inn & Suites Valdosta
Fairfield Inn & Suites Valdosta
BEST WESTERN PLUS Madison Inn

Been to Days Inn Madison? Share your experiences!