“Good Southern cooking at its best!”

O'Neal's Country Buffet
Ranked #1 of 22 Restaurants in Madison
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Florida
“Good Southern cooking at its best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

Worth the drive to this small town off the interstate I-10. This hole in the wall has a terrific southern buffet at an unbelievable good price. The buffet includes salad, dessert and beverage. The catfish and fried chicken is the best. The creamed corn is just like momma used to make. Great service! I will definitely come back and will recommended to all my friends.
D Jones

“Delicious small town value.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

We loved the food, the hospitality, and the cost! Well worth the drive off I-10! Great fried chicken and all you can test and drink - only $8!

Florida
“We plan our route around it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

We have been planning trips around lunch at ONeal's for years. For me it's the fresh vegetables, fried fish and fried chicken. It's like going to Grandma's house and it is clearly the food of the ancestors. I always eye the banana pudding on the cold bar, but thus far have never made it. Last Sunday I had a plate of greens, pole beans, creamed corn, baby limas and fried chicken. I once had stewed okra and tomatoes that are the standard by which all others are judged. Also very affordable and can be gotten to go.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Kay G
Ormond Beach, Florida
“Good lunch, would return here”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

While traveling on a motorcycle road trip on non-interstate highways, we searched our gps for a nearby restaurant, not wanting a fast food franchise, and found O'Neal's. We almost missed it, it looks like an old root beer drive in restaurant. The buffet had good tasting food, including: the chicken tenders, country steak and gravy, Italian sausage, Thai chili wings, fried okra and more. That was the Monday specials, plus all the regular side dishes and desserts, and today they had blackberry and peach cobbler. It is nothing fancy inside, but the food is good. We paid $ 8.00 each and it included our teas with refills. Good deal. One of the owners came over and asked how everything was and was very friendly. They also make their own chicken tenders by hand pounding and cutting fresh chicken breasts. Things like that are great over frozen food being fried up...

• Visited October 2012
“Good Down Home Country Cookin'”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012

This place has the food that I was raised on! The chicken, sweet corn, sweet potatoes, oh my, I guess I shouldn't list everything that I ate and loved! We've eaten here twice, and loved the food both times. I am not a fan of buffets, but I am a fan of O'Neal's. Great food and very affordable.

• Visited July 2012