“Clean, nice staff, very kid friendly, popular local spot.”

Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park
Ranked #1 of 4 things to do in Madison
More attraction details
Owner description: We are a Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park & Campground located in beautiful North Florida! We are just off of I-10 (Exit 258) Address:1051 Old ST Augustine Rd. We offer rental cabins, RV, & tent sites! We have a newly added lazy river, splash pad, and zero entry swimming pool. Our 60 foot high water slide has always been a hit. Along with these amenities, we also have fishing lakes, ATV trails, putt putt golf, ping pong, playground, and a basketball and beach volleyball court. We have themed weekends such as Chocolate Lover's, Pirate, Hawaiian, Back Woods, Easter, Halloween, 4th of July, Memorial, & so much more! Combine all this with visits from Yogi Bear and there is no way you can go wrong!
Lake City, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Clean, nice staff, very kid friendly, popular local spot.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2013

Recent changes are very nice and clean. Cabin rentals are clean and reasonable. Love the family atmosphere. Been here for three years in a row. Lots of daily activities for kids.

Visited June 2013
1 Thank mmacfarland
BonnieR180, Manager at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
Good Afternoon,
We appreciate you taking the time out of your day to review our park. We are so glad you like the new additions to the water park. We feel it is much better. Thank you so much for your business. We hope to see you soon. Have a great day.

Jimmie & Latrelle Ragans (Owners)
Trent Abbott (Manager)
Julie Brooks (Assistant Manager)
& Staff

Marietta, Georgia, United States
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“GREAT place for the kids and family”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

I had some serious reservations as we took our first pop up camper trip with the family with 2 extra (neighbor) boys along with my family. We had no idea what to expect. Talk about a GREAT weekend. The lazy river and slide is simply awesome. WE did the memorial day weekend and the place was packed, but the staff did a superb job of keeping up with the demand. The restrooms were always clean, staff very visible at all times. LOTS of activities for the kids and regular visits from Yogi and Boo Boo! We stayed an extra day after the crowds left and the park was virtually empty and the staff still found time for some face painting that Tuesday morning. Made their day. (6,7,and 8 year old). This team tried really hard to make our experience great and it paid off. We will most definitely be back to this place. And the Memorial Day fireworks were AWESOME! I had no problems with the kids roaming around the campground - lots of families and really nice people. Met some great new friends too. As stated, this was our first camping trip with the family and a new pop up and this place made our experience great. Memorial day the campground was PACKED - but the lazy river and the water slide and the pool, along with other activities- My boys LOVED it! My family LOVED it and it was just a great weekend with really nice people in a safe place. I'm not a big fan of sand beaches but all in all, this place rocked! Yes, the fee was a little more than some places (but a lot less than a beach RV park) and it was all inclusive - the only expense we had was ice cream and drinks. Best family vacation for the price that we've had in a very long time. We will certainly go back!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Garimusprime
Good Afternoon,
Thank you so much for taking the time out of your day to review our park. We work very hard to ensure that each family has a great stay. Also, we are so glad you loved the lazy river and splash pad. It has been a real hit this summer! We look forward to having you and your family again soon! Thank you again for choosing our park for your family get-a-way. Have a wonderful day.

Jimmie & Latrelle Ragans (Owners)
Trent Abbott (Manager)
Julie Brooks (Assistant Manager)
& Staff
perry fl
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great time”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

Stayed here in a 5th wheel a couple years back...nice then.. so with 2 boys age 7,this year decided to rent a cabin as their first camping adventure got cabin 21 because it had a bathroom..the price was $90.00 plus $6.00 per person per night (A bit steep for camping) BUT since I am a 70 year old grandma towing these boys thought it best. a few things in the cabin did not work but when I went to the store to advise them they quickly tried to fix them the staff is the BEST thing here...and the new lazy river/slide /water park is WONDERFUL much better than the murky lake before..my boys had a GREAT time..lots of activities for them... SAFETY for them to wander alone ..What more could a Grandma ask for..

Visited June 2013
BonnieR180, Owner at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Hi MamaPerry,
Thank you so much for the compliments. We are trying real hard to make sure all our guests have a great experience at Jellystone Park. We are excited about the new water features. Everyone is enjoying the lazy river, splash pad, and the waterslide!!! Our staff are committed to
making sure each and every camper has a great time!! From the housekeepers to the grounds keepers..and all those in between...store clerks, reservatioist, managers, activity leaders, life guards, ice cream dippers, etc. All play an important role at Jellystone Park...I am sure your grand kids had a great time and you all made memories to last a life time!
Hope you can visit again!!!
Jimmie and Latrelle Ragans
Trent Abbott, Manager
Julie Brooks, Assistant Manager
Valdosta, Georgia
“Nice for kids but not worth the money”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2013

The price for 3 adults and 4 kids with a small camper and tent was over $250 for 2 nights. We are talking camping here...why so much.

Visited May 2013
I thought we had responded to this review. In case it has not been addressed I wil try to do it again. I spoke with the staff and they told me about your request for pricing...When it was all added up...Trent said it would average about $16 per person before taxes..for two days...the more people at a site the more it cost....most pricing for campsites is based on 4= 2 adults+2 children under 12...additional adults and children are an extra fee...like $12 each...per night.
AtVS are $20 for every night of the reservation. The new rates this year are an inclusive rate which allows use of all our amenities. Hope you can plan to come for a visit real soon. Our guests are enjoying the lazy river and splash pad and the newly refinished waterslide.
Jimmie and Latrelle Ragans
Trent Abbott, Manager
Julie Brooks, Assistant Manger

By the way the Bonnie under the heading is not me...I don't know how to get that name off!!
My email is ragansfarm@embarqmail.com Cell 850-519-1613 if you would like to discuss
this with me.
Thank you!
Crystal River, Florida, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Not sure I will stay at this Park again.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 6, 2013

This was our 2nd visit to to Jellystone. Both times we had 1 campsite and 1 cabin with 4 adults and 6 children. Slide was not open this time due to construction of lazy river and splash pad. The sites are very nice and shady but you pretty much have to police them yourself. ie pick up butts, bottle caps etc. Fire ants were an issue this time. When we reported them to the office it took a while for them to bring powder for the anthills because they didn't have anything on hand. There is a lack of attention to details as far a picking up the trash. The same used band aid laid on the pool deck the whole 4 days we were there. Even after we told them about it. The pool was cleaned frequently but the cleaning equipment (hose) was left just floating in the pool for at least 2 days. My 4 yr old grandson got tangled up in it. The tape from where they had painted the new addition on the pool was still there! A water hose was pulled down and across the middle of the sidewalk going up to the camp store when it could have just as easily been moved to the side and not been a tripping hazard for people on the sidewalk. There was plastic forks/spoons, empty snuff cans and other pieces of trash in the sandy area of the playground. Basically all pieces of garbage we saw on grounds (paper towels, latex gloves, paper cups, etc) were there the whole time we visited.

Be careful of the fee schedule. The site fee is just for the site. You pay an extra daily charge for every person over 4. The site fee does not include any people. Most places your fee includes up to 2 people. Also if you are waterfront there is a daily charge for that too. They would be better off to just roll those charges into the site fee so you don't feel nickel and dimed to death. Nothing in the camp store is marked. You have to ask the price and usually take it to clerk to scan to find out price. Minor I know but when you are buying for 9 grandkids it can be a real pain.

We have not decided if we will give this park another chance. Next year we may try the one in Georgia. I know they have new manager so maybe they have absentee owners or owners that aren't willing to spend the money to keep park nice.

Visited April 2013
2 Thank Kenda K
BonnieR180, Owner at Yogi Bear's Jellystone Park, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Hi Kenda,
Just going over our reviews and noticed no one had responded to yours...so I will try to do it now...
Our new water attractions were supposed to be open by May 1...but they missed the mark....
Our grounds keepers are learning a lot this summer....we issued a notice that anyone working for us and they see litter they need to pick it up...to help with this.....and the ants will always be a problem....we try to keep ant killer bait around for that... will have to try harder to try and control them... with the rainey season they seem to really like that and make mounds often.....they guys cleaning the pool have learned to put the hoses up hopefully.....and any other items on the pool deck...I agree with you that all items should be priced in the store...I believe that will help sales also...I know I like to know how much something costs before I put it on the counter to purchase....
so we are getting that done...still working on it...but getting there hopefully.....when we did the new water features we decided that the perperson fee would be the best way to do it...so everyone would have an arm band to use the lazy river....great exercise for water walking ....grandparents especially.... and the mini golf...and waterslide and kayaks...and the splash pad....we are constantly trying to make things better at the park...so if you can come for another visit. when you can.....We are trying and are retraining our housekeepers also.and the grounds keepers...and the life guards....This is a lot of first time jobs for a lot of these kids and they are learning as they go..
We take all your comments to heart and will be continuing to work on the issues you brought to our attention.....
Thank you again.
Latrelle and Jimmie Ragans...