“Clean and Quiet . . . . But NOT ON THE BEACH”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Madeira Beach
The Cottages at Madeira Beach
Reviewed July 19, 2010

I know I"m spoiled because we usually rent a place ON the BEACH . . . so I was dissapointed when I had failed to read the details . . . Lisa called me at home in reponse to a request for info about her cottages. I thought I made it clear that I only wanted beach-front, but guess I didn't make it clear enough. Anyway, you must cross five lanes of traffic to get to the public beach access, so we rarely took our usual walks on the beach.

However, the cottages are darling and very, very clean and a very short walk to John's Pass and all the shops and resturants there, so had a very nice time, despite the location.

The pool is very nice and clean, however the week we were there one family sort of took it over . . . with 2 adults at the one covered table (out of the sun) who were chain smokers and 2 kids in the pool . . . all day every day . . . the pool is quite small, so it's only big enough for a few people at a time.

I would recommend it if you want a quiet get-away for a great price, but not really for a beach vacation as you'd have to bring your own beach chairs, etc. and haul them accross a busy main road. Three people were hit by automobiles the first few days we were there. Local motorists do NOT respect the crosswalks.

Also . . . the cottages are very pet friendly and our little dog was welcome and happy there . . . but there are few places that are pet friendly. One is The Bamboo Bar and Grill right next door . . on the patio section. I can understand why pets are not welcome in many places because I picked up 'poo' from our dog and several others when we took walks.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank patsarts

Reviewed July 8, 2010

After reading the reviews on trip advisor we decided to book a reservation. From the first time I talked to Lisa I felt at ease with our choice. The cottages were clean and so well equipped there wasnt a thing we could have needed. We had a 5, 10, 13, 15, yr olds and they all fit nicely and had a wonderful time. Manfred was there frequently keeping the property up and wasa very nice to us and the kids. The other guest had been there several times and love it. I daresay if someone mentions something they could use, the next time they go Lisa would have it in each room. It rained 5 days so we were happy to see umbrellas hanging by the door. We walked in to find a bottle of wine and glasses waiting for us and each cup at the place settings had cereal for the kids. A must stay place. We cant wait for another visit!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank pam902
Reviewed June 21, 2010

Absolutely wonderful. My husband and I decided to rent a cottage close to the beach rather than stay in Tampa - a very wise decision. The place was much more then we were expecting. The cottage was very clean and wonderfully decorated with everything we would ever need. The grounds, swimming pool, laundry room, everything was perfect. We were a 1/2 block from the beach and within walking distance from eating, shopping and tours. Lisa and Manfred were so friendly. They are a great hostess and host. The area is very quiet and the neighbors were very friendly. We absolutely loved our stay and hopefully will be able to visit again next June.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 14, 2010

Such a wonderful peaceful place. The owners made you feel like family. Everything is kep't so clean, The pool [ also very clean] has cushioned lounge chairs. A big bonus was having a laundry room [free use]. Saving the best for last is the beautiful rooms, they are so clean and so nicely decorated. Looking forward to return. Thank-you Lisa and Manford for everything, it was a peaceful bliss and now our home away from home.

1  Thank hollypita
Reviewed June 12, 2010

My husband and I booked our second vacation here, after first booking a week one year ago. We discovered The Cottages at Madeira Beach online, and upon arrival were excited to find a clean, orderly 'mom & pop' establishment, well-run in every favorable light. Having traveled around the globe and visited many hotels, B&B's and spa destinations, we were pleased to find the facilities cared for with great attention to detail for guest needs. The cottages themselves offered all of the amentities one could desire for a low-key beach vacation, including comfortable beds, problem-free bathroom and kitchen facilities, wireless internet, cable TV, an immaculate pool area and a grill for shared usage. The other guests were friendly, neat and quiet. The cottages are directly across the street from the beach and within walking distance of shopping and restaurants. We enjoyed meeting the owners and after our stay, decided to visit again this year for another wonderful vacation. We hope to make this a regular destination.

2  Thank cgforbes
Reviewed June 4, 2010

The Cottages At Madeira Beach is a wonderful place to stay and is so accomodating. The cottage we stayed in (# 5 - The Seacrab) was immaculately clean, close to everything you could possibly think of. When we arrived, the grounds of the cottages were well kept up, the landscaping, the pool area, everything was great and was a perfect place for us. The beach is literally a 2 minute walk, if that, John's Pass is about a 5 minute walk, which is also a great place to go. You do not need to drive anywhere from this location, everything is right there! Lisa and Manfred (the owners) are such nice people and want you to have the best vacation and enjoy yourself while you are there. We did not need anything while we were there, but I know if we did, they were just a phone call away. Lisa even had a birthday gift for me, which I thought was very very nice of her. I cannot say enough great things about this place. We will definitely be back, I don't know when, wish it was soon, but this is the only place that I would stay at when I'm at Madeira Beach or in the area. Thank you Lisa and Manfred, we had a wonderful time and I have to say, this was the best vacation that I have ever been on, and I have been on a lot!!

1  Thank Ceemezipp
Reviewed May 24, 2010

In 2009, my friend Linda and my little boy-dog,Harleigh D Kelly, ( and I) stayed at the Sea Turtle and The Dolphin...liked it so much that we decided to do a repeat vacation.Same time/(but a year later) same place ! It was like 'going home after a year away - we felt so welcome and were happy to be reacquainted with friends that we had met there last year. Most impressive is the cleanliness and the feeling of being in a safe area without elevators, crowds and slamming doors ! We loved being near the beach but really enjoyed the pool area a lot of the time. Everything is within a short walk or quick drive..... again this year,we enjoyed making many new friends. Lisa and Manfred are great hosts with a good sense of humour-that was especially important on April Fool's Day !

• Stayed: April 2010
#9 of 48 in Treasure Island
Shoreline Island Resort
Shoreline Island Resort
#1 of 15 in Madeira Beach

Been to The Cottages at Madeira Beach? Share your experiences!