“Do not waste your time and money at Dockside Dave`es”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Dockside Dave's

Dockside Dave's
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Fast Food
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Kids, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Voted Best Grouper in the South...Southern Living Magazine, DuPont Registry, Best Grouper Sandwich!Now open for Breakfast: Saturdays 7:30am-10:30am • Sundays 8:am-11am
Alberta Canada
“Do not waste your time and money at Dockside Dave`es”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2010

We used to go to Dockside Dave`s (years ago). We had not been to the "restaurant" for a long time. We were so disappointed with our meal. It was very DIRTY in there. I would not use the washroom. My grouper , when I finally got it, was barely warm. The waffle fries were the same, but also very greasy. My husband had the clam chowder-it was full of potatoes and lots of thickener. His shrimp taco was just OK.The service was indifferent. The cost of our dinner was exhorbitant. My sister in law had heard us talk about Dockside Dave`s in the past and wanted to go there with us. Thank goodness we tried it out first-she would have been apalled at this joint.
Do not go there-there are lots of other places where the food; service and cleanliness are much, much better. No atmosphere either

• Turkish first
Dekalb, IL
“Dockside Dive”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2010

I am all for locals / casual / blue collar places, but after walking into Dockside Dave's, I immediately thought that the place kind of looked like a dive. I ordered the famed grilled grouper sandwich that the menu bragged about, and I was not impressed. Although there was much of it, the grouper was rather bland and did not have the same texture as a grouper sandwich I had at a different locals place down in Pass-A-Grille. My girlfriend had pork tenderloin, which seemed a little bland and slightly tough. She had to get paper towls from the washroom to wipe the thick layer of grease off of the salt and pepper shakers.
The servers and staff were attentive. They checked back for drink refills and food came quickly.
Dockside Dave's is located up the street aways from their original location. Perhaps in its hey day, their grouper was the best around. Now I'd say to venture elsewhere.

Treasure Island, Florida
“Never the same....”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2009

I used to eat at Dockside Dave’s before they moved from the dock. At that time it was very good with great local atmosphere. Since they moved right next to the busy beach road, it sucks. The food is not good the service is sub par and there is no atmosphere. Go to Waltz Fish Shack instead!!!

Tulsa, Ok
“Go for the blackened- that's what they're famous for !”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2009

Been visiting Dave's for over 15yrs, always look forward to the visits ! as you can read some days are better than others as life is, but the blackened is what they're famous for, and the bisque is great too, and yes those onion rings ! Wow! I like the groupercakes better than the crab, and the peel n eat shrimp are excellent ! If you DO get something not right- send it back ! Carol ONLY wants you happy ! Don't be in a hurry, understand it's a dive (we'll call it) and slow down to Mad Beach time...go at "off" times cause it's too damn popular at dinner nowadays, just don't go in Sept from the 19th to the 25th cause that's MY turn !!

Louisville, Kentucky
“Maybe it should be called "Roadside Daves"”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2009

We were really looking forward to dining at Daves....only to be disappointed. First if your going to be called "Dockside" I expect a view of something other then traffic. The inside of the restaurant is very small and does smell fairly bad so we opted to sit outside not realizing in doing so that we would we less than 15 feet from the main street. We could hardly carry on a conversation.
Once seated we ordered fish paste and it was very good. While waiting for it to arrive we deceided that this was not the place for a nice quiet dinner. Slow service-one waitress for 15 outside tables, not her fault, heavy traffic noise and exhaust fumes killed this place for us. While the small amount of food we had was tasty I cannot recommend this place.