“Seafood: so fresh, so fresh, so fresh !”
Review of Dockside Dave's

Dockside Dave's
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Description: Voted Best Grouper in the South...Southern Living Magazine, DuPont Registry, Best Grouper Sandwich!Now open for Breakfast: Saturdays 7:30am-10:30am • Sundays 8:am-11am
Newton, Massachusetts
“Seafood: so fresh, so fresh, so fresh !”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

A nice casual bar/restaurant with high quality seafood. Try the grouper sandwich -- delicious. As Neil Diamond would have said : " So good, so good, so good." We sat at the wide bar and ate there, but there are tables inside and out. Friendly folk. enjoy

• Turkish first
Merritt Island, Florida
“Best Seafood”
Reviewed November 27, 2013

Dockside Dave's is amazingly good. The local specialty is grouper, and Dave's has the best "Grouper Bites" I've ever tasted. The "country fried" breading was just right. It actually enhanced the flavor of the grouper instead of overwhelming it. And, it's not at all greasy. It's generous enough to make a meal, esecially with the delicious ripe (really!) tomatoes with their balsamic vinaigrette. Also tried the sampler "country fried" with grouper, bay scallops, and shrimp. All local and fresh. It was the best. They also have reasonable prices. When I go back to Treasure Island, I will definitely be eating at Dave's.

1 Thank LA P
Pinellas Park, Florida, USA
“Consistently Great”
Reviewed November 24, 2013

We stopped in for dessert last night. Well, my wife wanted the gator bites as well. And there's only one choice for dessert - Key Lime Pie. It came on a chocolate graham cracker crust. Yummy! It was delicious, with a generous serving of whipped cream on top. The gator bites were great as well and we really enjoy the spicy swamp sauce - I think it's a spicy Thousand Island concoction, but it's really tasty. The one caveat - the weekends are busy so be prepared to wait. It's a small place, so there are a limited number of servers, and we waited, seated, for about 20 minutes just for the appetizer. By the time we walked out the line was around 20 deep - I can't imagine how long they were going to wait. We wouldn't wait that long, but if you pick an off time the service is very good. It's always friendly, too, even when they are rushed. This was our second visit to this location, and 3rd overall. Always good, but remember, this is really a bar with food, so be prepared. But what they do, they do very well.

1 Thank jandc5744
Bourbon, Indiana
“OK but not a favorite”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

We finally made it to Dockside Dave's and after all the great reviews I must admit I was a bit disappointed. Compared to other places we have eaten in the area this is not a place I rank as a favorite. Actually doubt we will go back. We sat outside which was fine as it was a beautiful evening and even tho the view was busy GulfBlvd it was better than inside. No mixed drinks served here and basic beer choices. I do give credit to our waiter for bringing us a 'small' order of onion rings as it was plenty. And very good. We both had grouper sandwiches. Good but not best on the beach. And for $12-13 you only get the sandwich (which is why we ordered onion rings). I rate this as good but not great.

1 Thank Tammie B
Orlando, Florida
“best grouper in the wordl”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

what else can you say when you say best; had luch special sandwich for $9.95 with fries and slaw and wiht bun could not open my big mouth and tasty --omg.

Visited October 2013