“Excellent place to stay!!!”
Review of Madeira Bay Resort

Madeira Bay Resort
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Madeira Beach
Lebanon, Ohio, United States
“Excellent place to stay!!!”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

A group of friends and I arrived the day after Tropical Storm Andrea came through and we would never have known! We found the grounds and the building itself to be immaculate. Our condo was awesome and the view was great. It is conveniently located right across from the beach and a half block from Johns Pass. The condo was very clean and comfortable and far exceeded our expectations. Anything we needed the front desk was more than happy to supply. We plan on making this an annual trip and wouldn't stay any place else!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Linda R
Cheryl F, Manager at Madeira Bay Resort, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you Linda! We look forward to having you as a guest again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (104)
Parma, Ohio
Reviewed June 10, 2013

If I ever travel back to Madiera Beach I will be staying at MBR. The condo was spacious and clean. The staff is so nice. We were directly across the street from the beach and had an amazing view of the ocean from the condo. The location is perfect. We could walk to every place we wanted to go. Johns Pass is close and within walking distance. Everything about the vacation was great. Definitely recommend taking a trip to Madiera Beach!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Jillian M
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed June 8, 2013

The condo was very clean and homey! We had easy access to the beach and the resort is close to all the great shopping and restaurants. Definitely a perfect view of the beach from the top floor. Perfect for a girls weekend and great for families!

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank Maria R
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Before I checked in, I asked if I could check the internet to make sure it worked well enough for work and it did at first so I checked in and paid for 3 nights. When I got to the room, which was room 302, it was decent looking. The coffee table was dirty with cup stains and there were crumbs on the floor in different places. The TV stations are messed up on both TV's. The bed was only a queen and not that comfortable...I had to wash some of the dishes because a lot of them were dirty and not cleaned correct. The shower head sprayed out every which way....The bathroom mirror was dirty and there were stains in the toilet which eventually flushed away. After taking my first shower, I hung the towel over the shower rod and later that night when to use it again and there was a black soot all over it. They never cleaned the shower rod since it has been there. You could tell !. The internet kept going down and I had to call customer service to get it working once and it never worked right after that. I ended up going to an office not too far from there and spending $58 to get my work done. The carpet and floor in the room was so dirty that when you took a shower, this black looking dirt always washed off your feet. The hallway carpets were stained every where and the a/c on the hallways must not have worked because all the hallways were very hot with the exception of the 2nd floor where the office was. Also, anyone can get in the building at night and roam the hallways if they had to. Like no security at all. Doors wide open.. My 3rd day there they had tropical storm warnings and even though most people would ride it out, I called the front desk and said I wanted to check out and the guy at the front desk, who's name is Tom said it wasn't going to be that bad and they would not refund any money. He did not care one bit... I overlooked all the problems that occurred during my stay but was now getting upset. When I went to check out today, which is June 7th, 2013 I told Cheryl about the Internet and the cleanliness of the room and also how I had to go out and spend $58 to get my work done. She "DID NOT" care. These people would not compensate you for anything if it was the end of the world. It is called greed and between the greed and horrible customer service, bad Internet and filthy room, I will never stay at a TRS ( Travel Resort Services ) property again and I will spread the word. I was moved by someone else in Tripadvisor who's father was about to die, and they called this resort and they said they could not have a refund. That is cold horrible.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
You'll be pleased to know that all over our units are scheduled for deep cleanings on a periodic basis. Our overwhelming positive responses speak for themselves. Sorry you experienced bad weather and decided to leave.
North Port, Florida
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We chose this tremendous resort location to enjoy our 57th wedding anniversary. Marvelous restaurants nearby along with many pleasant bars and shops. Two weeks wasn't long enough but we were unable to get an extension because it was a sold out Memorial Day weekend which tells me this must be one popular place. We happily found no challenge or inquiry was too hard to handle for staffers Mike and Crystal. We thought they earned their wings 24/7 during our stay. Can also report Mike and Alex made certain my dryer got a new lint basket minutes after I reported the problem. The salon was most accommodating as well. I'm looking forward to our next holiday and hope to see nothing has changed but the weather. carocris

Room Tip: We were on dockside - 6th floor - except for the woodpeckers it was perfect!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank carocris
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed May 23, 2013

We just stayed for two weeks. The property was very well maintained, clean and pleasant. The location was great. The Pirate Fest at John's Pass was close by and fun. Once that was over parking was good. We had a unit that sleeps six, had multiple people with cars, but didn't know till after confirmation that we only get one parking space. That could have been a real problem. In this case it worked out, but be aware.

I do want to single out Mike and Crystal as being especially helpful. They answered so many questions and made us feel at home.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank spot295
Orlando, Florida, United States
Reviewed May 15, 2013

3rd time staying at the resort. Nice rooms and staff. Quiet and relaxing. Resort only allows 1 parking spot even though rooms may sleep up to 6. Resort does need an upgrade on beds which are uncomfortable for the price of the room. LaQuinta has better beds.

Room Tip: Only one parking spot per room. If you need more there is a city lot next door. You can get a parkin...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Mike A
Cheryl F, Manager at Madeira Bay Resort, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Thank you for your review MikeA! We love our location...so close to John's Pass Village & Boardwalk. Please know that many of our condos have new beds. Please ask for one next time you book. We always try to match our guests with units that they would be most comfortable with.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Madeira Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,699 reviews
Shoreline Island Resort
Shoreline Island Resort
#1 of 15 in Madeira Beach

Been to Madeira Bay Resort? Share your experiences!