Holiday Isles Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Beach Suites Resort(Madeira Beach)
Schooner Hotel(Madeira Beach)
View Hotel
Shoreline Island Resort(Madeira Beach)
View Hotel
Gulf Gardens Resort(Madeira Beach)
View Hotel
Sea Dawn Motel(Madeira Beach)
  • Pool
Snug Harbor Inn(Madeira Beach)
View Hotel
Beach Chill Inn(Madeira Beach)
View Hotel
Barefoot Beach Hotel(Madeira Beach)
  • Pool
All reviewsacross the streetfenced yardmeeting friendsconserving watergrown upsfull kitchenold style floridawalking distance to the beachan extended staysitting areavery nice place to staylove this placelocation is greatan older hotelspent a weekstayed longerbeds were comfortable
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 28, 2007

Upon our arrival we found the place to be a family inn. NOISY !! We were not impressed in the least. The room was small but tolerable. The a/c worked very well. The people that were staying there really loved to hang-out till 12-1 in the morning in front of their rooms or pool side. The only real good thing I can say about our (3) day visit was, we were able to leave our dog in the room without being disturbed.

Stayed: May 2007
1  Thank TIMSTER2121957
HIRKeeper, Owner at Holiday Isles Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2007

This guest comments on being a family inn, NOISY !! In all quotes and confirmations for holiday weekends (this was Memorial Day weekend) we include a large type informative statement talking about the reservation period. In that statement we include verbatim the following sentence, "We are very busy and full with families during the holiday weekends and the hotel facilities are consequently full to capacity." As I said, this statement goes out in all quotes and confirmations. I think it is very unfair to have been so informed and still make the comment in such a negative manner. Of course we welcome families and children do tend to have fun, only on these very busy holiday weekends is it a little more crazy.

I reviewed our shift logs and find no entries regarding noise complaints. We understand during this weekend people tend to be a little more festive and expect it. Unless we have a complaint, we assume all is OK. That does not mean in any way that we let people be disrespectfully loud. On the contrary we do not. We always ask people to respect that there are other guests and please keep there conversations down. Some people are less tolerant off noise and children and should contact the office, if they feel the outside noise is too loud. The pool closes at 10 PM, so no one was in the pool area as described at 12 to 1 AM. People were outside their rooms having conversation.

Regarding the comments on room size. We have only 2 motel rooms. These rooms are described in the confirmation and on the phones as "affordable overnight rooms" They are small (1 queen bed, 1 sofa sleeper, tv, dresser, closet, small fridge, microwave and full bath) All 27 of our other rooms are very large by comparable standards and are often commented on as such. This guest had the option for the larger studio, but "chose" the smaller affordable motel room. I believe this is an unfair comment as the guest had a choice as to room preference.

We welcome all comments. We understand any number of things can cause a getaway or vacation to not be as great as hoped. To often the hotel becomes the easy target and wrongfully so. Please accept these comments and consider us for your future stay. Our goal is to be affordable and clean. We think we are achieving that goal. Feel free to visit us for a viewing if you are ever in the area.

Jim Jobin - Owner
Holiday Isles Resort

Reviewed April 22, 2007

my friend and i stayed in the kitchenett room 2 double beds and a small kitchen,i thank god it was only one night the room was dirty,musty smelling,and full of roaches yes infested with roaches we had to seal our clothes in a cooler to keep the bugs out,when we turned on the tv which is so small you cannot see it from bed all you see is roaches crawling on the wall,when we woke at 5:00 we made coffee and was greeted with roaches in the kitchen,bathroom,and sleeping area,all the owner would have to do is spray for roaches,and clean the place and maybe some paint and carpet would spruce the place up but the owner choose to leave it roach infested and rent the rooms anyway? would not could not recomend this place to no one,the a/c unit is so noisy you can hear it a half a block away try to sleep with that! i just wish the health inspector would step in, then people like myself would not have to write such a review as this. the owner gives the place nothing but collects your money and goes on?
BEWARE NOT A PLACE YOU WANT TO STAY

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank fishininflorida2
Reviewed April 15, 2007

Holiday Isles gets one star because the people were SO nice. It gets one more because it's inexpensive and in a good location.

Our first floor studio with 2 queen beds and a kitchenette was FILTHY. When we made the mistake of walking around on the carpet in bare feet their soles would turn black. There were cockroaches in the bathroom and kitchen (I'm getting queezy just thinking about it). The tub took all night to drain. It freaked me out a bit that the windows didn't lock. I'm just glad I had the forsight to bring my own pillowcase.

The pool is nice...except for the black ring of mildew all along the water line.

The other guests were very friendly. What I don't understand are the ones that come to vacation there every year. Their rooms must not have been as gross as ours. Thank God we didn't have to stay long.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Xtie

I have responded to another roach issue an let me just reiterate our current pest control program. The outside area is sprayed every 14 days. The rooms are sprayed every 14 days occupied or 30 days cummulative, which ever comes first. From the middle of Feb to Easter, we are completely sold out. We had 1 room day available the entire month of March. There is more food available and not all our guest are superbly clean. This is our worst time of year for pest control. Sorry. Florida has bugs and I will develop a better pest control plan for the busy winter and after winter season.

Our same busy snowbird season ties our hands on carpet cleaning. April is just the end of the very hard room usage period. The carpets are probably their dirtiest. We completey spring clean our rooms from top to bottom in late April early May to finish out the winter and get ready for summer. And we also deep clean in late fall early winter to get ready for the winter. In the middle our rooms are thoroughly cleaned after every checkout and every so many occupied room days, the kitchens are again completely deep cleaned from top to bottom.

Our goal is clean and affordable. We receive many compliments, cards, and letters stating how clean and great our place is. It is too bad they do not write online. But we really appreciate the cards and letters and feel we are achieving our goals. Everyday we look for ways to improve.

This guest reported 3 maintenance issues counting the pests, but also a slow tub drain, and a non-working window lock. I wish all our guest to report these problems to us in the very least on their way out. We can not fix what we do not know to be broken. We have signs posted not to wash the sea shells in the sinks or tubs, sand will block the drains. And just like at all our homes, hair does accumulate in the drains and they need to be cleaned. It is a smaill 15 minute task to clean a drain.

It seems silly that I have to monitor this site for maintenance issues and even then I do not know which room. This room I can not identify according to our schedule. They must have arrived on a different day than stated. The closest day I have is in the 13th out on the 15th, but I do not see the maintenance issues.

If you wish to write a comment on this site or any site, Please write your room number. We will address any and all issues the best we can. We are not the Marriot, we do not have marble floors in our lobby, we just want to be clean and affordable. The beaches are becoming very expensive and we are doing our best to bring you a quality product for the price range we are competing. Please help us by leaving your room number. We do not bite.

Reviewed January 16, 2007

My husband & I just spent a week at the Holiday Isles Resort and were generally happy with our stay.
Our room was very clean, smelled fresh and had all the kitchen comforts we needed. The staff were friendly and helpful. The laundry area was clean, machines worked well and price was very reasonable. They even offerred rentals like beach chairs, coolers and towels which was great!
There were a few minor things that may influence our decision to stay here again though. I think the fact that the rates are so affordable did affect the clientelle. Specifically, it seems that there were a few rooms occupied by "locals" that seemed to be "living" there. This was not the company we were expecting to keep while on vacation. This was easy to avoid though by spending the day at the beach rather than the pool. Beach access was right across the street - fantastic! The pool area didn't seem to receive the same cleaning attention that the rooms did however, and the fact that ashtrays and smoking were permitted around the pool left us with ashes stuck in our suntan lotion! Not pleasant!
I have to say that this would be a great option for travellers on a budget who aren't willing to sacrafice cleanliness for a lower rate because our room really was very clean. We will probably search around and spend a bit more next time though in order to be around travellers with the same expectations.

Stayed: January 2007
5  Thank CanadaFloridaFanatic
HIR, Owner at Holiday Isles Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2007

As the owner, I am happy to see our guests comment on their stays with us, and also glad to see they find our rooms clean and comfortable, as that is our goal. In response to this review concerning our other guests, however, I would like to clarify that all of our guests are transients, and no one "lives" at our facility (except our night manager). It is not a requirement, however, that our guests be from another state, country, or town - Florida residents are allowed to be guests at our facility!

Also, the state of Florida has not banned outdoor smoking yet, so while we do provide nonsmoking rooms for our guests upon their request and based on availability, outdoor smoking is still allowed on our property, and that includes our pool area as it is outdoors.

Reviewed December 4, 2006

We just stayed at the Holiday Isles Resort in Madeira Beach and had a great time! The place is an older building (mom and pop style) but it has been updated and kept up well. The rooms are really big, which was great, and they had a full kitchen, not just an efficiency.

I am a stickler for cleanliness, and was very impressed with our room and the grounds. I praised the cleanliness to the management, and he stated that they always strive for the cleanest rooms (although he did say they had a hard time finding good help last summer).

They had a nice big swimming pool, and some cool tiki huts for outdoor grilling, which we enjoyed! There were also a few places to eat close by to walk to, and the beach was right across the street. What a beautiful and quiet beach for a stroll, and the greatest sunsets ever!

2  Thank HappyInFl