Perhaps, as Florida residents, we are spoiled. This place is across the street from the beach which is usually a deal breaker. Our stay at the Holiday Isles "Resort" was part of a large group event. We checked in on a Thursday, the lady at the front desk was very nice although the office area smelled strong of cigarette smoke. We went to our room, a one bedroom unit with a King sized bed. The space is generous, however, the decor is VERY dated. The kitchen consisted of a small four burner stove (which sort of worked) with oven, single sink, microwave and coffee maker. There were some utensils but they were old and bent. The fridge didn't work so the maintenance man, Cliff, removed it and brought another one in. No ice trays...bummer. Oh well a trip to the ice machine won't hurt. Wait! I have to pay for ice???? Yep! 25 cents per use for ice. OK well I will take a bag to fill up since the ice bucket is mismatched and only holds 3 cups of ice. Well darn! The ice machine cuts off after dispensing about 5 cups of ice. Sheesh! Luckily there is a 7-11 at the corner.
I notice a sign on the coffee table...$75.00 "deep cleaning" fee if you get busted smoking in your room. Ironic since the rest of the place reeks of smoke. Another sign above the sink informs me that if I leave any unwashed dishes in the sink I will be charged $10.00. Wait, is that another sign in the bathroom? "The hot water heaters are located in the back of the building, turn hot water on and wait a few moments". Now, I don't know what their definition of "moment" is but I like to take fairly cool showers so it was ok for me.
Let's go for a dip in the pool. GROSS! The pool, that looks to have been fairly recently re-marcited, is speckled with black algae. The coping around the pool is chipping and the pocks in the concrete are filled with algae. I wanted to take a scrub brush to the whole pool!
When our group had assembled at the picnic tables, we were informed by the staff that we were being too loud. The woman who came over to tell us that we were being too loud was louder than we were! Then she went on to tell us that we were fine. WTH???
I suppose if I had a dog and wanted to go to the beach, this might be an option. So if you are traveling with a four legged family member, you might appreciate this "resort". For me, this was my one and only stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Clean Rooms! Pet Friendly! Full Kitchens! Across the street from the beach, Better Rates! New Flat Screen TV's in all rooms! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz and TripOnline SA so you can book your Holiday Isles Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Isles Hotel Madeira Beach
- Holiday Isles Madeira Beach
- Holiday Isles Resort Madeira Beach, Florida