“Good experience at Holiday Isle”

Holiday Isles Resort
Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Madeira Beach
Australia
“Good experience at Holiday Isle”
Reviewed March 4, 2008

I've stayed at Holiday Isle on three seperate occasions and have had a marvelous time every time. All times the unit was clean. The furniture is lived in, but not filthy.

The clientele is extremely friendly and accommodating...It is a family business competing with the big guys and offer a very affordable stay.

There is free calling over the US. The motel is across the street from the beach..however, I used the pool. The pool was maintained very well.

There were times I would pick up my grandson and take him swimming with me...

It is not the Ritz, but it is a very nice place to stay.

Jackie...formerly upstate NY, now of Australia

• Liked — people friendly
  • Disliked — Couldn't stay long enough
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank Grammiejj

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Kokomo In
Reviewed February 25, 2008

2008 will be our third year at Holiday Isles. We always enjoy our time there. Our children (7 and 14) always meet new friends there.Dining,grocery,shopping are all close by. The pool area and grill area are great places to enjoy a cold beverage and talk with other guests. Our room has always been clean and the staff friendly and accommodating.

• Liked — the staff and pool -grill area
  • Disliked — no complaints
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled with family
Brantford
Reviewed February 4, 2008

This is our favourite place to stay! We have been there twice now. Once in march-april 2006 and again in December Jan 2007. We are heading back again this march for an extended stay!

Ideal for people wanting good value for the money. Our suite has kitchenette, full bath, and queen bed. TV and telephone. You can walk to WinnDixie for groceries, and the beach is right across the road. Room has always been clean and was redecorated when we stayed there in December. Nice BBQ area under Tiki huts, pool is excellent. Staff is great!

We used to pay big bucks to stay in Ocean side condo. What a waste of money! Now we can stay 2 weeks or more for less money.

One of the few good 2 storey resorts left on the beaches. all are selling for big condos. Hope this one stays forever!

• Liked — proximaty to beach and stores, price
  • Disliked — would be nice to have King size bed but Queen is OK
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Madeiramama
Ontario
Reviewed January 19, 2008

I really don't understand some of the other ratings for this resort. We had a great time here and met some great people. Nobody had any complaints. Our room was totally CLEAN! The facilities were all as advertised and everything worked, unlike a lot of places we've stayed in.
The staff went out of their way to make sure we were happy. This even included turning up the heat in the pool for my wife!!
Will we go again - absolutely without hesitation.
Is it the Ritz - no but it is great value for your money.

• Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
France
Reviewed August 16, 2007

I've stayed at the Holiday Isles twice, once for over 2 months. My last stay was in July 2006.
This is a great motel located accross the street from the beach, with a trolley stop a few steps away. It's also within walking distance of several convenience stores and supermarkets.

I stayed in both a "studio" room (including a full kitchen) and a regular motel room with a microwave and mini fridge. The studio rooms are large and while the motel room is smaller, it's not the size of a closet, either. More than enough space for me, my 3 huge duffle bags full of clothes & shoes, and all the stuff I bought during my 2 months stay :)

The staff has always been friendly and helpful to me, even when I forgot my key in the room for the upteenth time and someone had to let me in at 11pm.

I did have a roach problem during my first stay, which I reported. My room was sprayed the same day I reported the problem and the next day as well. It's Florida, there's going to be bugs - we had some in a Deluxe resort at Disney World this summer.
If you don't tell anyone that you have a problem, no one can help you.

This is not a Hilton. This is a clean, affordable motel with a great location and good amenities (including free hi-speed internet). For $250 a week, I doubt you can find that kind of value anywhere else in Madeira Beach.

• Liked — The location and affordability.
  • Disliked — Too many kids during weekends.
  • Stayed July 2006, traveled solo
2 Thank 4EvrLuvFlorida
Ohio
Reviewed August 15, 2007

My husband and I really enjoyed our stay at the Holiday Isles Resort in Madeira Beach. We were looking for a reasonable rate and a clean room and found them both here. Our room was very big with a kitchen, and it was decorated so cute! We love to walk on the beach and lounge around the pool, so this was just right.

There was a great place to eat right next door - good breakfast, and live music at night (but not too late or too loud!). Just 3 doors down was a GREAT seafood restaurant, as well. We saw more restaurants to walk to, but we enjoyed being able to prepare our meals at our room most days.

The owners were nice, and they said the management was all new, so we just wanted to compliment them all on a great job! We will definitely be back!

• Liked — Clean rooms and close to the beach
  • Disliked — Nothing - it was good!
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank RelaxInFL
Cape Coral
Reviewed May 28, 2007

Upon our arrival we found the place to be a family inn. NOISY !! We were not impressed in the least. The room was small but tolerable. The a/c worked very well. The people that were staying there really loved to hang-out till 12-1 in the morning in front of their rooms or pool side. The only real good thing I can say about our (3) day visit was, we were able to leave our dog in the room without being disturbed.

Stayed May 2007
1 Thank TIMSTER2121957
HIRKeeper, Owner at Holiday Isles Resort, responded to this review, June 13, 2007
This guest comments on being a family inn, NOISY !! In all quotes and confirmations for holiday weekends (this was Memorial Day weekend) we include a large type informative statement talking about the reservation period. In that statement we include verbatim the following sentence, "We are very busy and full with families during the holiday weekends and the hotel facilities are consequently full to capacity." As I said, this statement goes out in all quotes and confirmations. I think it is very unfair to have been so informed and still make the comment in such a negative manner. Of course we welcome families and children do tend to have fun, only on these very busy holiday weekends is it a little more crazy.

I reviewed our shift logs and find no entries regarding noise complaints. We understand during this weekend people tend to be a little more festive and expect it. Unless we have a complaint, we assume all is OK. That does not mean in any way that we let people be disrespectfully loud. On the contrary we do not. We always ask people to respect that there are other guests and please keep there conversations down. Some people are less tolerant off noise and children and should contact the office, if they feel the outside noise is too loud. The pool closes at 10 PM, so no one was in the pool area as described at 12 to 1 AM. People were outside their rooms having conversation.

Regarding the comments on room size. We have only 2 motel rooms. These rooms are described in the confirmation and on the phones as "affordable overnight rooms" They are small (1 queen bed, 1 sofa sleeper, tv, dresser, closet, small fridge, microwave and full bath) All 27 of our other rooms are very large by comparable standards and are often commented on as such. This guest had the option for the larger studio, but "chose" the smaller affordable motel room. I believe this is an unfair comment as the guest had a choice as to room preference.

We welcome all comments. We understand any number of things can cause a getaway or vacation to not be as great as hoped. To often the hotel becomes the easy target and wrongfully so. Please accept these comments and consider us for your future stay. Our goal is to be affordable and clean. We think we are achieving that goal. Feel free to visit us for a viewing if you are ever in the area.

Jim Jobin - Owner
Beach House Cabanas
Beach House Cabanas
#9 of 48 in Treasure Island
The Tahitian Resort Treasure Island
The Tahitian Resort Treasure Isl...
#19 of 48 in Treasure Island
Treasure Island Ocean Club
Treasure Island Ocean Club
#22 of 48 in Treasure Island

Been to Holiday Isles Resort? Share your experiences!