“Great Time”

Holiday Isles Resort
Ranked #12 of 15 Hotels in Madeira Beach
Reviewed August 19, 2012

We stayed two nights Friday til Sunday and was offered a late 4pm check out. Our 1 bedroom apartment was spotless. The staff is both friendly and helpful. We had a great time and will come back again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
HIR, General Manager at Holiday Isles Resort, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2012

We hope you do come back! The 4:00P.M. check out is quite popular! You get to enjoy your weekend a little bit longer! Thanks for the feedback!

Reviewed August 3, 2012

Just returned from another great vacation at Holiday Isles. Great location management very nice and helpful. Have been staying here for 10yrs now and has always been a great experience. Clean rooms, great pool, everything needed for a relaxing time. We will return as soon as our busy lives allow. Love this place and the beach!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank erinholschuh
HIR, General Manager at Holiday Isles Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2012

We really enjoyed having your family here. It was our pleasure. So glad you had a great time. We look forward to seeing you again next year!

Reviewed July 15, 2012

My family stayed here Tue - Friday this past week and we really enjoyed it. We were on vacation and wanted somewhere that was driving distance to Bush Gardens and near the beach. We loved that we were just across the street from the Gulf. The room was clean and provided everything we needed for our stay. The pool was nice and the kids really enjoyed themselves. After we checked out I received at text from the hotel telling me that I had left my necklace in the room and that they had it. I hadn't even realized that I had left it. It was a very expensive piece that my husband had given me before we were married! I was so relived and the very fact that it was returned to me after leaving it in a hotel room just confirmed for me how great the people working at this establishment are! We would def recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a nice, clean, pleasant place on a budget. We will make sure to visit again!

Room Tip: We stayed in their queen studio. It had 2 double beds and a pull out sofa with a full kitchen. It wa...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Malissa S
HIR, General Manager at Holiday Isles Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2012

We were so happy to hear you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. We pride ourselves in doing our best to provide our guests with an enjoyable experience. Customer service is the responsibilty of each and every one of us. When Florence was cleaning the room she immediately brought your necklace to the office and we proceded to text you. As you stated, jewelery can have not only monetary value but sentimental as well. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed June 30, 2012

I visited this motel on an overnight visit. I thoroughly had a very good time. The resort is small and all rooms face the pool, which was very clean and plenty of lounges and chairs/tables. The entire place is clean, outside and inside. The room was pretty big, it had a couch and coffee table along with a king sized bed, TV- but they didn't get too many channels, table/chairs, a full kitchen with normal fridge, micro, stove with oven, sink and kitchen items. What was really nice was that there was a double window by the entry door and the kitchen and bath were in the back and both of them had a window in them. So the room with the drapes in the livingroom/bed area open made the room very bright, which I like. There was free wireless internet too.

The nice part for me was the gulf beach which was directly across the street - there is a high rise there and so you have to go to the right of it and there is a walkway to get to the beach - that was great! The only thing that could be not great for some people is this road is a 4 lane road and so you have to cross it and there isn't any traffic light around this area. I guess during snowbird time would be bad, but I was ok with it.

People working there are very friendly/helpful and all you have to do is ask for something and they are more than happy to help you out.

My only complaint is that they need to remodel the bathtub as it is quite narrow and small and has mold around the tub part. It looks like they have had upgraded the sink.

Room Tip: I got a room right by the parking space and the gate to get into the pool. Really any room would be...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank jollyranger
HIR, General Manager at Holiday Isles Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

We are so happy you enjoyed your stay! We hope to see yu again!

Reviewed June 20, 2012

I stayed here a little while ago with my dog for an event in the area. The room was clean and modest. There were some rowdy people outside, but they were just having a late night drink. Okay place to stay with a pet and close to the beach. Not new, but very beachy.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed June 3, 2012

I stay here over a holiday weekend and just was not satisfied. The place look nice and clean but then on the second day I seen roaches, the stove tops didn't work only one eye, when I ask about the grill they charged to use it. It was impossible to get a hot shower and the gentalman was rude and the lady was nice staff was nice as well but the owner manger not sure who he was was just nite picking me I felt like I had family come in and hang out for the day and he was just rude and the last straw was when I left n turn in the key he asked me if I clean my room and no towel exchange or pool towels we used the same towels for three days also had to pay for a second car to park in parking lot place look ok but was a joke would recomend surf inn anyday over this place

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank briscoegirl21
HIR, Owner at Holiday Isles Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2012

We were sorry to see that you did not feel welcome at our facility. Your party was with us for the Memorial Day weekend, and our facility was sold out, as was almost every other facility in the area. During the extremely busy holiday weekends, we do charge a parking fee for more than one vehicle per room, as it requires extra services and organization on the part of our staff to make sure there is room for all of our guests. Our policy is that no guests of guests are allowed to use the facilities, particularly on the holiday weekends because we are at capacity. If we allowed guests to allow others to use our pool and tiki huts, then our paying guests would be denied the use of these facilities and that would not be hospitable. This is common policy amongst all of the hotels in this area. We did make a slight exception, in your case one day though, as we allowed you to invite some extra people over for a birthday party for one of your children.

As I stated earlier, we were at full capacity during your stay, but we had no complaints from any guests about hot water shortage. Perhaps the timing was during a peak usage. We offer economy service which includes a towel/linen exchange every three days, so your room had one towel/linen exchange during your stay. As stated on our website and in our room literature, additional services are available for a modest fee.

Our facility has a stringent pest control program in place and we spray relentlessly for insects. We apologize if any were spotted during your stay, but occassionally a palmetto bug (resembles a large cockroach) can be seen, usually outside after a rain. These insects live in the foliage and are a nuisance, but they are not to be confused with the usual "cockroaches" thought of in conjunction with food waste.

Please accept our apologies if the stove burner in your room was not functioning properly. We try to make sure everything is in working order for our guests, but sometimes do not know of such things until they are reported. As you mentioned, we do have gas grills available at our tiki hut area for guest use, and we charge a modest fee of only $1.00 per cookout to help recover the cost of propane.

Again, we are sorry to hear that you did not feel welcome at our facility. We saw your party enjoying the pool several times, and we felt we were courteous. It was a very busy weekend, and we tried to help all of our guests enjoy their stays with us.

Reviewed May 22, 2012

I stayed here for a week and I had a good time. The hotel had some pro's and cons which I will describe below.

PROS: 1) The room was very clean, large, and comfortable. I had no problems with the room. No bugs, good A/C, comfy and quiet. 2) Friendly staff. 3) Near the beach. 4) Inexpensive, good for your budget. 5) Lots of room. If I wanted to add extra people, my studio room (#45) would have comfortably slept 6, which is a good value for families. There were 2 queen size beds and 1 pullout couch.

CONS: 1) The highway. It's true that the hotel is "right across the street from the beach," as others have mentioned, but the street is actually a HIGHWAY. I have not seen that mentioned in other reviews. It's a busy highway with fast traffic going both ways. There are crosswalks, but they are at a distance, so most people end up waiting for a lull in traffic and making a run for it. Kind of dangerous. Also you can see/hear the highway from the pool. 2) This is more of a "residence style" hotel so they do not provide certain amenities. You get a full kitchen but no food. So you have to get your own groceries, e.g. there's a coffee machine, but no coffee. No continental breakfast or anything like that. They also don't provide toiletries like shampoo, lotion, toothpaste, etc. They DO provide bar soap, dishes, and dish detergent, and there is also a washer/dryer in the hotel. 3) No gym on the premises. 4) Cleaning the room is an extra fee per cleaning, I think they have a sliding scale, check their website.

So, when budgeting I would take this into account: you need to provide your own groceries, toiletries, and gym if you are a gym person. (Re gyms: you can join one of the nearby gyms, about 10-15 minutes away driving distance, for a weekly rate of $37 or a daily rate of $10. Two nearby gyms in St. Pete are "Lifestyle Family Fitness" and "Bodynamics." I would advise to have this all set up BEFORE you come.) Also you have to decide if you really want your room cleaned.

Overall, it was a good experience and I would be willing to come back here again. My biggest problem was with crossing the highway.

Room Tip: My studio room (#45) was large and could have comfortably slept 6
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank travelgirl1776

Thank you for writing a review of our facility! We are happy you enjoyed your stay with us! As you mentioned in your review, we do offer an economy service plan, which does not include maid service and includes towel/linen exchange every three days in our base rates. For a modest fee, anyone can upgrade to daily towel/linen exchange, and also full service. We structured our services in this manner because we have found the majority of the guests enjoy the savings and do not request full service.

Also, as you mentioned, we do provide a kitchen and the tools, but guests have to provide the food and the cook. :) We also have tiki huts with picnic tables and gas grills available for outdoor food preparation and enjoyment.

While the street we are on is two lanes in each direction, the speed limit is only 35 mph, and the road is lined with businesses frequented by beachgoers, so the traffic is very aware that we are a beach community. We would always caution everyone, however, to be careful when crossing any street!

Again, we are glad you enjoyed your stay, and we hope to see you again in the future!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Madeira Beach
Schooner Hotel
Schooner Hotel
#4 of 15 in Madeira Beach
The Tahitian Resort Treasure Island
The Tahitian Resort Treasure Isl...
#17 of 48 in Treasure Island
Shoreline Island Resort
Shoreline Island Resort
#1 of 15 in Madeira Beach

Been to Holiday Isles Resort? Share your experiences!