WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #8 of 15 Hotels in Madeira Beach
new jersey
“Movin' on up!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014

well....after a weird stay at the Schooner this past February and March 2014, we decided to go next door to check out the new and improved Beach Suites.
We are converted!!! The top room facing the beach/gulf is just amazing!
From the view to the beautifully furnished rooms, to the extremely attentive maid and grounds keeper, we were "hooked" and booked! The new owner, Brian is very excited about his new en devour! (He also recently acquired the Schooner so, it looks like BOTH motels will be rockin'!)
Looking forward to vacationing for 2 months there in 2015!!!!
-Jersey Girls

Room Tip: Top facing the beach !!!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
4 Thank jugs6686

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Indianapolis
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2014

The staff were nice and this property is a recent renovation so 99 bucks a nite is a great deal for folks on limited funds who otherwise would not be able to afford to stay on a beach front property. I recommend you bring at least a beach towel, maybe your own pillow and blanket and wash cloth, it's sorta like camping in a tent & be prepared for "critters" too. I warn you also that the bathroom is incredibly tiny and unclean. I moved out after a one nite stay that I had booked for four nites, and the staff was gracious and I was refunded for the unused remainder of the stay. I was concerned about being told upon check in that the 4-digit code to get into the room isn't changed. Made me feel like anyone previously stayed in room 104 could easily return, punch in code 1040, and help themselves to my belongings . Madeira beach is not that nice either and there's not much to walk to for finer decent dining close by. Having to cross Gulf boulevard -5 lanes- back and forth for car parking is precarious . Be safe and be happy. And if you can do that here, then you'll have a great stay.

Room Tip: No fitness center no on site restaurant
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Dorothy D
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014

If you are looking for a beautiful place to stay near Clearwater, this is the place. We stayed for three days this past weekend and I honestly can say I don't have one complaint about our stay. We checked in late around 11, when I walked into the office the desk clerk, Joy, and owner of the hotel, Brian, were there to happily greet me. They gave me proper instructions of the Wifi, parking, door entry, pool access, and even some great local restaurants. All this they did BEFORE I got to the room and wondered about it. Great people! The room was beautiful, Clean, Clean, Clean. It had a Smart T.V., a full kitchen and even a safe. The beds were very comfortable and the surroundings were very quiet, very easy to get a good nights sleep. Sliding glass doors led out to a balcony with comfortable seats and a view of both the street and the gulf. You have access to both the pools, one is a warmer "Spa Pool" with jets and awesome night lighting, the other is a cooler, larger pool. Both were clean and never crowded during our weekend stay. There is also a gas grill and beach chairs available for use at NO COST! The pathway to the beach and the beach itself are wonderful, the sand is so soft and the gulf was very warm! The beach was a little busy, but not crowded.The hotel is also in close proximity to an area called "John's Pass", this is about five minutes away, has tons of restaurants and shops, and if you want to see dolphins, you will!!! All in all, this hotel was a really great place to stay and this will be the only place I stay at if I'm in the area again. One thing I LOVED about this hotel is the use of a code to enter your room instead of a key card, this is an awesome idea! What happens when you take a hotel key card by water? It deactivates and you can't enter your room, causing you headache and time in the lobby.. Not here though! I wish more beach hotels would follow suit with this hotels key code type of entry system! We loved it here and hope to return very soon!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
6 Thank BJF127
Lodi, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

I simply cannot say enough GREAT things about Beach Suite Resorts! The staff were wonderful, friendly and knowledgeable about the area attractions, restaurants, shopping, etc. We were there for a week and wished we could have stayed forever! Our room was absolute perfect. Room 206 is on the 2nd floor, corner room, facing the ocean! Sunsets were breathtaking! Had our own full kitchen with breakfast bar, separate dining area, living room and a queen size bedroom and full bathroom. You are literally about 100 feet from the pool/hot-tub area to the shoreline on the beach. They even have beach chairs and beach toys to use if you desire. The pool/hot-tub area is very cozy. Not large and crowded as there are only about 13 rooms in total at the resort. There is a gas grill in the pool area to use if you want to have your own BBQ. All-in-all, probably the best, most relaxing vacation we have ever had. I seriously did not write my review sooner because I just didn't want everyone to know about this place! We are praying to be able to go back next year and book the same room, hopefully for 2 weeks this time. Also, Room 206 has an adjoining room you can also rent if you want. Might bring our kids and grandkids with us next year and rent the adjoining room too!
I am really really shocked by reading the negative reviews. I just can't imagine that after the awesome time we had! Thank you again Brian, Anna-Marie and Audi! Hope to see you all next year!!!!

Room Tip: Room 206! Like being in your own home away from home, with a beautiful view of the ocean right out t...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Brenda D
Alton, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2014

This has got to be THE worst hotel I have ever had the misfortune of staying in! Take my advice and spend the extra $50 or something a night to stay somewhere better! It's a good price for the location, but not if you are wanting to have awful living conditions for your vacation. The first morning we attempted to make breakfast we realized the stove did not work (I had to go buy an electric skillet to use for the remainder of my 7 day vacation). Later on that day I was greeted by a COCKROACH (and many more were to greet me later, including other large bugs). EVERY SINGLE MORNING somebody has either knocked on my door or moved the handle trying to get in, and I even had a housekeeper let herself in while my boyfriend and I were laying in bed this morning! I am thoroughly disgusted to the point where I want to sleep in my car for my last night now, especially after finding a COCKROACH IN THE BED. Save yourself from making such a mistake! My boyfriend and I have hardly been able to enjoy our vacation because of this horrid place!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank Jessika M
Palm Harbor, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2014

All I can say is I'm so nervous with reserving a room I have never seen however I must say that in speaking with Nancy who completed my reservation and also speaking with Brian prior to making reservations they surely did a good job at making me feel comfortable and reassuring I have made a good choice ;) My 7 year olds bday is faithfully at Madeira yearly, although we miss SURFS INN I hope that we have landed a new home away from home! Be there soon 203!!!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank mrsconkle
Burbank, Illinois
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2014

Several properties later, this has got to be the worst.
Property manager seems to be on something as she is also the maid with zero care what so ever.
Their presentation as a motel not resort as all is just terrible with rags for towels and several guest's once in then find them themselves aborting all together with zero refund.
Run, do not walk.
Be sure not to pay cash as that is their preference at this motel and once in there is zero refund.
Protect yourself.

Room Tip: There is no pleasant experience here.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Sunset Vistas Beachfront Suites
Sunset Vistas Beachfront Suites
#6 of 48 in Treasure Island
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,566 reviews

Been to Beach Suites Resort? Share your experiences!