“Fantastic Lodging; Great Location!”

Beach Suites Resort
Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Madeira Beach
Reviewed March 24, 2014

The Beach Suites Resort is fantastic!! This is a small, quaint place with about 10 rooms. It is RIGHT on the beach - a super location. This resort is about one mile north of John's Pass - away from the busy areas, but very close and convenient to everything. There are some great restaurants within walking distance as well. The beach is wonderful - you're right on the beach - just steps away which makes this place a gem! The kids enjoyed finding many shells and playing in the sand and boogie boarding on the waves. Our family of five rented the two bedroom unit which is on the second floor facing the ocean - wonderful views!! We enjoyed a beautiful sunset every evening right from our unit! There is plenty of outdoor seating available if you want to sit on the deck and just take in the awesome view. There are beach chairs available to take to the beach and sit out there if you'd rather. The pool is small, but can also serve as an extra large hot tub which we all enjoyed many times during our week long visit. There is a nice gas grill on site, perfect for grilling out. We will highly recommend this place to all of our friends. Brian, the owner is really nice and very accommodating. This place is top notch!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank danaldinn

Reviewed March 19, 2014

My four friends and I stayed at Beach Suites last week while traveling from Minnesota. I had talked on the phone with Brian many times before we traveled down, and he was always very friendly and knowledgeable and willing to help. We had a minor mishap with the booking, but Brian took care of us and we were benefited by a great upgrade for the first 3 days of our stay in Florida. The location is great, close to many restaurants and bars, and just a few miles away from John's Pass. The beach is just steps away and it is BEAUTIFUL. There are beach chairs near the pool area that you can take down to the beach with you when you go if wanted. The environment was very low key, but everyone we met staying there was very nice and friendly. And us being college kids were still able to party and have our fun as well. We stayed in a one bedroom on the lower level. Our view was the hotel next door, but that didn't bother us as we were only in our room to sleep. We were able to get a cot for the entire stay as well which was very beneficial. Ann Marie and Audi were both extremely fun and friendly and helped us with whatever we needed while we were there. I have absolutely no complaints about the condo and will definitely be going back again soon! I highly recommend staying at Beach Suites Resort!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Shannon C
Reviewed March 19, 2014

Four other girls and myself stayed here over spring break for a girls' vacation. The condo was very clean, had a nice pool, and was decorated nicely! The staff on site were very friendly and accommodating to all of our needs. They even let us borrow folding beach chairs to bring out to the beach, which was nice. The beach is just steps away, and did not disappoint! After visiting other beaches, Madeira Beach was our favorite as it was less crowded, had nice sand, and was right in front of our condo. It was also nice that there is a shower right outside the pool area to get all the salt water and sand off before coming back to the room. The price is unbeatable for the room and pool area, and we hope to be coming back in the future. We also found a sponge that washed up on shore which was pretty neat. Over all, the location is wonderful and you are in walking distance from many great food places and attractions. Dockside Dave's and Screwy Louie's are right across the road and had great food as well. The condo is right along Gulf Boulevard and by multiple bus stops for the Suncoast Beach Trolley, which came in handy. I highly recommend Beach Suites Resort! We had a great time.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 14, 2014

Right on the beach. Very clean and well kept. Its more like renting a condo. No front desk service, which suited us just fine. We like to do our own thing. There is maid service if you want it. Fresh towels... ect... Exceptional low rates for what you get. There is a trolley you can ride to the attractions. $4 dollars a day. We had the beach view apartments. Sleeps 4. I highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: Get both rooms on the top floor. That way you have the entire view of the beach.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank keepitrealabc
Reviewed February 10, 2014

My friend and I recently took a trip to Maderia Beach, Fl and happened to stumble on this treasure of a resort. Brian the owner was top notch and making sure are stay was one of the best experiences we have ever had. Everyone was so nice and I surely would recommend staying here.His housekeeper Ann Marie was also very kind and made are stay with us feeling very welcome. The view alone and being so close to the beach would make anyone want to stay here. All of the rooms are very clean and beautifully decorated. Please consider staying at this lovely resort. We will be going back again and again. Thank You to Brian!

Room Tip: I would recommend the one bedroom suite with a pull out couch on the second floor that has a full ki...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
8  Thank Vacation712
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Me and my wife stayed at this property 3 winters ago and we were surprised by the major upgrades. Our suite had it's own granite kitchen with stainless steel appliances. The bed had the most plush mattress we ever slept on, at a hotel. The place has a huge ocean front hot tub which was a big plus in the winter and outdoor grills for the fish I caught. Great location, steps to the sand, restaurants and shops. Booked our same room for next January.

Room Tip: Ocean Front Suite over the pool is the best.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Aron M
Reviewed January 23, 2014

Never met a single person on staff at the site. We stayed 5 days. At arrival, it took repeated phone calls to the hotel to reach someone. The phone number to the hotel does a call forward to a cell number in Pennsylvania. No message on the cell phone to let you know that you have reached the hotel. Best part, cell phone voice mail box was full, it would not take any more messages. REALLY FUN, when the manager does not answer the phone. After repeated calls, he finally answered and we got the room number and passcode to enter. No housekeeping staff seen. It took many calls to have clean towels dropped off on day 3, never saw clean towels again. Room was beyond filthy. Dust was 1/2 inch thick on the ceiling fan. The walls in the bathroom were soaked with water running down the walls. Best part... smoke detector on room next door beeped all night. Did not have to worry about the smoke detector in my room - it did not have a battery installed. Parking on site for only 4 cars. You have to park across the street (busy 4 lane highway) at a abandoned restaurant. No Wi FI. Good luck to the guy who is trying to run this... Not how I would run a hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
5  Thank 805Scott
Brain S, Owner at Beach Suites Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2014

I am sorry to hear about your experience at my hotel. I am puzzled reading your review considering you opted to stay an extra night at such a horrible place. I personally greet most of my guests before and during their stay, including you. I remember specifically asking you if everything was satisfactory and if there was anything we could do to make your stay better. You responded back to me ‘’NO EVERYTHING IS FINE’’. As for the room being filthy I personally inspect all of the housekeepers work before a guest is allowed to check-in to the room. I also checked the tops of every ceiling fan in the entire hotel for what you described as being a half inch of dust on top of them, and I didn’t find one matching your description considering their brand new. You also wrote in your review you were unable to get clean towels, when I explained the day after you checked-in you merely had to put them outside your room door and the maid would bring new ones. Finally as for the hotel phone number being connected to my cell phone, it is for emergencies or problems during non-business hours. I understand in the hotel business nothing is going to be 100% perfect all the time and I sincerely apologize for any problems we may have caused you.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Madeira Beach
Courtyard St. Petersburg Clearwater/Madeira Beach
Sunset Vistas Beachfront Suites
Sunset Vistas Beachfront Suites
#7 of 48 in Treasure Island

Been to Beach Suites Resort? Share your experiences!