“1950s Motel on the Beach”
Review of Surfs Inn

Surfs Inn
Louisville Ky
“1950s Motel on the Beach”
Reviewed January 6, 2013

This property was built in the 1950s when small mom and pop motels were the norm. Since then condos and large hotels have taken over the area. While this motel needs some serious improvements, the price reflects the condition. It has small rooms and few amenities, but its right on the beach.
The staff tried to make our 3 night stay as comfortable as possible.
My only real complaints were the lame internet service and the tired beds.
It may get some much needed improvements in 2013.

Room Tip: Second floor rooms have a better view of the ocean.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank skychief2001

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Port Richey, Florida, United States
Reviewed October 29, 2012

I booked this room for 10/27/12 for what they called a delux suite with 1 double,1twin and 1 pullout sofa for 3 of us and when we went to check in the clerk tried to put us all in 1 room with just a queen she said all the suites were booked and I told her that I did not order just 1 bed and either I got the 1 I ordered then, I would not stay there.Just for the record this was three o"clock in the afternoon I was so upset we wound up going back to clearwater and got checked in to the Marriot in clearwater and later on that evening the clerk called my home and got my 87 year old mom all worried that I did not show up for my reservation and that she was leaving our key outside I dont know what that woman was on but she was rude and she should not work with the public.I called the next morning again and spoke with the mgr and she still left my paperwork with no explanation telling him that I was there and she took it upon herself to chang my room without asking.He told me he was not charging my credit card for the misunderstanding and he was sorry for any inconvience this caused.But we wound up with a much nicer Hotel with the Marriot and everyone there was awesome and very friendly.As for the Surf's Inn it is a very old hotel and I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.In the end we were alot better off.

Room Tip: Beware of the price and also picture's of hotel they can be very decieving
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
7 Thank Dee C
Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

We didn't enjoy our stay in our room. We were booked for 2 nights, but we decided to stay only one night and finished our stay in a different hotel. Room was in a poor condition, wall paint was bubbling and peeling off the wall, there was a gap between bottom of room door and frame allowing you to see lights from parking lot and letting a lizard in, carpet was taped down to the tile with duct tape, lamp shades were full of dust, room layout was not good, and we did wake up with lots of bug bites. On the positive side, we had a front view to the beach, wifi access, and the front desk were polite. Overall, it looks like there is little attention to the place.

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank Gatorgnvle
Reviewed October 13, 2012

I dont care about dating of motel. If u want to get away and have the best access and view of beach and sunsets, come here.quiet. Very pleasant staff. Treat u like family. U can stay here for minimal dollars or complain about it and put in your deposit for million dollar condo. DO NOT LET THIS PROPERTY BE SOLD! One few gem left on beach !!

• Stayed October 2012
2 Thank Traegirl
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed October 7, 2012

This is an older hotel that does need some serious updates. But the location is great, the staff is great, and the price is right. I have returned several times and got friends to now use this hotel as well.

Room Tip: I love the bottom floor. walk out you r room and into the pool or on the sand of the beach.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Greenwood, Indiana
Reviewed October 2, 2012

sept 2012, it was our 3rd time there. What a great place to stay right on the beach. Its one of those older type motels that your room faces the beach.You walk right out your room and your on the beach, not like those high rise ones. There's rumors of tearing it down for a condo, sure hope they keep it like it is and just remodel alittle. Just had a great time as usual. Thanks Surfs Inn for a great vacation!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
St. Pete Beach, Florida
Reviewed September 30, 2012

we stayed one night,staff were super nice, rooms were clean and comfortable. free coffee in the morning, the pool was clean and refreshing, and if you wanted to the beach was just a few feet away. they even have picnic tables and grills for you to use, we will certainly return and tell our family and friends about this hotel.

Room Tip: ground floor, you can walk right out your door to the pool
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Sunset Vistas Beachfront Suites
Sunset Vistas Beachfront Suites
#6 of 48 in Treasure Island
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,696 reviews

Been to Surfs Inn? Share your experiences!