All reviews across the street huge hot tub honeymoon suite big resort mom and pop enjoyable stay rooms are clean dockside daves pool and jacuzzi get away gulf of mexico watch the sunset st johns pass grouper sandwich cleaning staff gulf boulevard home away from home
Selected filters
Reviewed July 28, 2019 via mobile

Friendly staff! And the beach access is a PLUS! It is not a 5 location but I’m sure for the price you are not expecting it to be. Rooms are on the smaller side but are comfortable - besides you should be out enjoying the beach / pool & John’s Pass. Our room had a kitchen w/ fridge - made it super easy to snack and run back out to the beach! There are only a few parking spaces in front of the hotel but they have plenty of parking across the street. I can’t rave enough about the staff! There seems to be long term / snow birds that reside onsite all are friendly and welcoming! For the price, if you’re looking for a quick overnight w/ direct beach access this is the place. Don’t forget to check out John’s Pass!

Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed May 29, 2019

So we arrived Tampa International May 24th our ride Clifford Cook no showed us. I waited an hour, text him and even called got an answering machine. I do not recommend him. Got an Uber fast arrived at the Schooner was able to check in early. Steps from the beautiful gulf. The only complaint I have other than the bed being uncomfortable, but that is almost every place for me, is that housekeeping needs to really step it up. Exhaust fan looks like it has not been cleaned in months along with the ceiling fan in the room. The bathroom cabinet was very filthy, open the door and look at the ledges. Floors could be cleaner. These were all very noticeable. You do not get daily cleaning which is fine as there is no resort fees here. Staff was very friendly. Your within walking distance of Winn Dixie and St Johns Pass.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 27, 2019

Big Disappointment. The parking situation is horrible, you have to park across the street, very busy Gulf Blvd. I know we were overcharged but it's denied. No where on their website does it have a nightly charge of what we paid. I even emailed about it, no response. Shower dripped, faucet needed repair. Sink plumbing kept vibrating. Termites in the room. Other guests that stay there have no consideration for others unless you party with them until 4:30 in the morning. Too many animals. I guess its a great place if you like to party to all hours of the night, but not me. Sorry, I just cannot have much to say that's nice.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 10, 2019 via mobile

We stay almost 4 months every year.(getting away from Jersey winters)
We've become so comfortable there; Brian, Diane, Jim, David, make us feel very "at home"!
Sunsets are amazing.
Returning Dec 1st 2019!

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed April 10, 2019 via mobile

The owner Brian and the staff Jimmy and Diane were extremely friendly. They have different types of rooms. Very clean. It is right on the beach. The hotel, pool, and hot tub pool were very clean. Kudos to the cleaning staff! Will definitely book with them again! 5 stars!

Liesl Riley

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple