“Great Food, Reasonably Priced!”

mad beach fish house
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Scenic view, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Located at Madeira Bay Marina, just 2 blocks North of John's Pass Village, this waterfront restaurant has indoor and outdoor seating with a unique "Old Florida" seafood menu with items like Frog Legs, Gator Bites, Smelts, Deviled Eggs, Shrimp & Grits and a Southern Fried Combo Platter! A Selection of Fried Baskets, Buckets and Dinner Platters with an amazing Fish & Chips Basket for only $8.95 that also comes with sweet Slaw and Hush Puppies! Incredible Breakfast menu with HUGE portions for only $5.25 to $7.95 on Sat. & Sun. from 9am-Noon!
“Great Food, Reasonably Priced!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

I stumbled upon this place while driving through the St. Petersburg area on my last trip to Florida. I was in the area for a job interview and was looking for a place to eat near the beach. It is a very casual place, and when I visited, you seated yourself. Since I was alone I decided to sit at the bar. The bartenders were extremely friendly and attentive. I ended up getting the Surf & Turf Burger, with fries and potato salad. It was a burger topped with shrimp, lobster, cheddar cheese and spinach leaves. Everything was great! My food came out promptly and the bartenders made sure that everything was to my liking. I will definitely be visiting again the next time I am in the area.

Columbus, OH
“Overpriced, mediocre food and poor service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 15, 2014

There were 5 in our party, we had shrimp and grits, fish and chips, seafood pasta and shrimp and chips. None of us were impressed by the food; however, no one ever bothered to ask how we liked it! Our drinks were empty mid-way through our meal, I didn't get my salad until I finally was able to wave down our waitress after my entrée was nearly half eaten, and the fish and shrimp had more breading than Arthur Treacher's. The shrimp and grits were mediocre. One member of our party asked how many hush puppies there were in the appetizer and was told 6. They served 4 and walked away. Totally disorganized, and way overpriced for the quality of food. We will not be returning, and I seldom write a poor review!

Kentucky
“Outstanding food and very reasonable price with a view!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014

The food was so good and reasonably priced we ate there two nights in a row. I had the Gulf Shrimp Basket with fresh cut fries. It was delicious and only cost about $8.99 with slaw and fries! The next night I got the Fish and Chips. It was delicious and the fries were superb again! My mother had the crab cakes and said they were delicious too. I would ditch the places at John's Pass because those places are more expensive. Free parking and great service!

Chicago, Illinois
“You will be mad if you eat here.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014

Our table of six adults arrived at noon. The restaurant was not busy and our first hint something was wrong was the 10 minute wait for a waitress to come by and bring menus. Another lengthy delay and our waitress asked if we would like drinks. Easy 1 ice tea 5 bloody Mary's and water. She returned with Water and an ice tea but was not sure which one was the tea as everything came in tall red glasses with ice. Several minutes later came 5 glasses with ice and vodka for the make your own bloody mary bar. One glass was knocked over by the waitress as she put the glasses down dumping out the ice. Oh sorry about that as she cleaned it up.Yep we had to ask for one more glass. Bloody Mary station had several different mixes and various plates that used to have the condiments to add to your drink. Very poor selection and not refilled. After another wait lunches were ordered. Clam chowder and conch chowder were very good. Sampler platter of scallops and shrimp (fried) was small. Cole slaw good. Fried were covered in salt and ruined. The hamburger looked like the best plate among us. Another long wait for the bills. 3 couples 3 bills two which were wrong. Paid up and got the hell out never to return.

Perth, Australia
“Good service and nice food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

We were staying next door at Madeira Bay Resort and wandered next door for dinner.

We were welcomed in and selected a table and experienced good service from the waitress. The thing that was really impressive with this restaurant, was their willingness to accommodate grilled fish instead of the menu option which was deep fried. They did this for the kids fish as well as adults which was really good and showed that the food was done on the spot. Many kids 'fish and chips' are simply taken from a freezer and deep fried and therefore, you can't request a grilled option. This was not the case at Mad Beach Fish House.

The place had a nice atmosphere and the specials were good value.

• Visited December 2013