“Disaster is an Understatement!”

Las Brisas Condominiums
Ranked #10 of 15 Hotels in Madeira Beach
Reviewed March 14, 2007

Were so very disappointed when we walked into Unit #205 at the Las Brisas Condo. We wanted to turn around and run as fast as we could. There were no other vacancies in town for a 3-bedroom condo, which was what we needed. I immediately bought Clorox CleanUp and cleaned bathrooms, kitchen, and all doorknobs. It was completely nasty. I went to the Realtor @ the SunHost Inn who was responsible for booking the room...I couldn't help but cry as I described the filth to them...I am sure they knew in advance what I was describing. Rotting curtains, 35 year-old furniture, peeling wallpaper, 35 year old cabinets, etc....I spread sheets over all the furniture before sitting on it. I would leave the patio doors open, only to have the person's cigarette smoke from the next condo blow into our room. The agent did come to see if I was imagining all of this, so I got my white rag and wiped grime off drawers, vent covers, countertops, etc. The oven is dripping rust...so no cooking should take place. By the way...the only great thing was the weather....We stayed OUT of the condo as much as possible....The picture on the internet was just that...a picture of a dream condo....Instead, it was a nightmare!!!!

Stayed: March 2007
3  Thank AquariumCreature
SunHostResorts, Manager at Las Brisas Condominiums, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2007

We take exception to the review from AquariumCreature regarding #205 Las Brisas. Management made several attempts to address the complaints and were shunned.
For Future renters of Las Brisas 205 ->>>Upon departure management met with the owners of this unit. Renovations have been taken. All new appliances, including over the stove microwave. All drapes have been replaced with vertical and mini blinds. The furnishings are modern and you can see them by searching Sunhost Resorts website.
Any questions don't hesitate to call us.
We have many happy renters for this unit. This is the only complaint we have received.

There are newer reviews for Las Brisas Condominiums

Reviewed March 2, 2007

Last summer, we stayed in a Las Brisas condo. We paid the going rate through a travel agency who had several condos in this building available. We needed something with 3 bedrooms so Las Brisas seemed the logical choice. However, when we arrived, the unit was so poorly kept I wanted to turn around and go back home. The wall paper was peeling off of the walls in the bedroom. The dresser drawers were warped and falling apart. The silverware and cooking items were minimal and damaged. All of the interior furnishings were extremely old and unstable. It was like stepping back into the 1970's. There was one elevator in the parking area with NO SECURITY at any time. I have rented quite a few places on the beach over the years and I can honestly say that this unit has not been updated since the building was built!! If you should stay here, make sure the condo has be "recently updated"! We complained to the rental agency, but they just shrugged their shoulders! Maderia Beach is a beautiful place. It's ashame that someone would take every penny of profit and not put something back into their investment!

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled with family
5  Thank FLSandyBeaches
Reviewed April 3, 2006

Las Brisas condominiums a beautiful place in the perfect location, close to everything that's great about the Gulf coast of Florida

3  Thank fogcitylady
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 21, 2005

I will come back every year to rent here! The condos are huge and the views just amazing. Madeira Beach is a great area and these condos have everything you need and more. Kids loved having their own rooms and the extra bathroom was great to have. Very clean units and excellent decor. It's my fav spot for a relaxing vacation!

• Stayed: July 2005
#9 of 15 in Madeira Beach
Schooner Hotel
Schooner Hotel
#5 of 15 in Madeira Beach

Been to Las Brisas Condominiums? Share your experiences!