“Make sure you have the funds!”

Jacks at John's Pass Waverunner and Boat Rental
Union, Kentucky
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Make sure you have the funds!”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

We came down from Cincinnati, our second year down here. We made a reservation yesterday for an early bird special at 10:00 AM. Not because of the price but because the waters would be calmer. The lady whom come to find out is the manager took my Credit Card Info down to hold the reservation, fine I completely understood. Fast forward to today. We got there at 9:20 AM (The staff told us to be there by 9:30 to ensure we were there one time - so we were even 10 minutes earlier than that). I filled out all of the paperwork initialed my life away etc. At the end of 12+ Signatures I was asked for a $400 deposit. I advised I didn't have $400 on them. He said oh thats okay just let me run a credit card or debit card for that amount, this is just in case damages occur to the jet ski while you are out. Again me with a puzzled look I advised him we didn't have $400 in the account we bring cash down with us. He said well I can't let you go out without either $400 cash or a credit card to hold the $400. When you come back we give it right back to you. I understand that but again I didn't bring $400 cash with me. He said okay and folded my paperwork up and threw it away. So I decided to take my chances and go upstairs to talk to one of the other staff members who wasn't a young kid. The gentleman advised me that I had three options: 1. Login to my bank account via an online app to show them the funds. 2. Pay $400 in cash and they would return it to me when I came back and the Jetski was clean. 3. Let them run my bank card for $400. I said well I didn't have the cash on me he said why doesn't he bump our appt until we come back as he wants us to get out there on the jet ski. So I can't so no to my 9 year old son who was itching to go out there. So I ran back to our condo to pick up money. Come back (Note had to pay for parking twice). When we got back we were finally able to go out.

Oh and one more thing. Apparently in 1 year this company has lost the timers that are mounted on the jet ski's I was told that people apparently took them or "forgot them" and in the paper work noticed that for each minute you are late coming back to return the jet ski you are charged $2.00. Convenient how those clocks mounted to the jet ski's walked off. They are very quick to sell you a water proof watch that they were conveniently sold out of, or possibly a water proof bag to keep your cell phone dry. - No Thanks.

Honestly the reason I gave this a "poor review" was because they have changed a lot of policies in over a 1 year time span. They really need to take a step back and work on customer satisfaction. I realize they are in a prime place but I assure you this company isn't hurting for money ($65 per hour and most likely you'll bring it back early since youll be worried about time).

Moral of the story - Make sure you have $400 in a bank account or make sure you are carrying a ton of cash on you so you don't destroy their precious jet ski.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Kevin P

18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Fun but be careful. ..”
Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

We went, got a great deal and had fun. Nice little place. My complaint is when we came back, the owner tried to say a buddy of mine damaged his jet ski. I rented one for my girl and I and he rented one for him and his wife. Thankfully he took pictures beforehand because the owner tried to get him to pay for damages that were already there. When shown the pictures he quickly retracted. Don't know how many times he's probably tried that little trick. Who knows. Maybe I'm looking too much into it. Just be careful and take pics before you leave.

5 Thank Jerry813