“Not up to par”

Sculley's Waterfront Restaurant
Ranked #32 of 85 Restaurants in Madeira Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Sculley's is a waterfront restaurant located in the historic fishing village of John's Pass specializing in Fresh Seafood, Steak & Pasta.
Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

We visited as a party of 7 on a very quiet Monday night...we were not greeted by anyone at all as we entered and were left with another couple for a good 5 minutes wondering what to do. Eventually a very dour waiter seated us- his manner was totally indifferent- no smile no conversation nothing and this continued throughout the meal. We ordered drinks and a plate of calamari as we read the menu and at this stage we considered going somewhere else- very expensive and a very boring menu. As it was already 9pm we decided to give the food a go- it was actually ok- I had blackened Mahi Mahi with mash and spinach - tasty. My friend had the seafood pasta which she really enjoyed...ditto everyone else. There were only 2 vegetables on offer- spinach or squash in a Marinera sauce- no salad, no broccoli which we requested for the kids. The whole place looks untidy, tired and a little dirty....not a pleasant dining environment. Although the food was ok we won't visit again...way better places around. Shame.

1  Thank Jools66Lancashire
Write a ReviewReviews (1,163)

Reviewed August 17, 2014

We were undecided on where to eat as we strolled along the boardwalk and without doing any research we ended up here..... Bad mistake! Server seemed as if his mind was somewhere else and was not attentive to us at all. We ordered she-crab soup as an appetizer and it was not up to par, very runny and just not good. I ordered fish & chips (it was ok) our son ordered the kids shrimp platter (it was ok) my wife chose to order a nice light shrimp & spinach salad that had old slimy wilted salad in it and no restaurant should ever let something like that out of their kitchen but they did and the end result was my wife sitting there having to pick through the "salad" until she got so fed up that she through in the towel! We got the attention of our "server" and he seemed like he couldn't care less about this. He offered to have them make another one but for what? To get the same spinach from the same bag or box that was served to us in the first place?? The salad was taken off the ticket of coarse, however my wife is still HUNGRY!! DONT EAT HERE!!

Reviewed August 15, 2014 via mobile

Cathy was amazing. She was friendly and had excellent recommendations. Most importantly tho she treated me as a person. I came in with just my daughter and other places on the boardwalk ignored us. She was wonderful and I truly thank her!! Only problem was that kids under 6 can't eat outside :-( so sad. We love being outside

Reviewed August 14, 2014

Was there on a Tuesday and it wasn't very busy. We were immediately seated outside overlooking the Johns Pass inlet. Our waitress was very pleasant and attentive. The food was very good and as ordered. One of the better restaurants in the Madeira Beach area.

Reviewed August 13, 2014

I have read the other reviews and apparently I experienced a different restaurant than the other reviewers. Our lunch items were tasteless. My daughter who loves anything fried did not eat her French fries because they were soggy and old. The coconut shrimp appetizer had obviously seen better days. It was greasy and tasteless. The burger had a strange grey appearance. No one even came close to finishing their meals and the waiter couldn't care less.
The waiter was pleasant for the most part and the food was delivered promptly. Prices were too high for the items that they were offering.