“Not again”

Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine
Orlando, Florida
“Not again”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Right on the boardwalk So it's convenient. Service was terrible and food was just ok. Wouldn't go again.

Advance, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Insanely overpriced, poor quality food”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

We waited an hour to get into Scully's as it was busy on a Friday Night. I got a house salad with my meal ($2.99 extra with an entrée, $5.99 by itself). It was a small plate of lettuce with one red onion ring on it. I kid you not, that was it. I ordered the shrimp and scallops scampi which was about 4 shrimp and 4 scallops on top of a cheap plate of angel hair pasta in a butter sauce. The meal was over $20.

Basically if you're going to John's Pass to check out the boardwalk/shops, make sure you eat dinner before coming. This is as poor of a dining experience as you will find in the area.

1 Thank Timothy B
“Not so much...”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Although the view is wonderful, the food was bland and overpriced. The only saving grace was a nice waitress and good sweet tea. Move on down the boardwalk.

Fort Worth, Texas
“Good Family Restaurant”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

For the past three years, we have gone to Sculley's on our family vacation to Madeira Beach, and we always enjoy our meals. For a family of 6, the meal is reasonably priced, considering the price of fresh seafood, but the cocktails are expensive.

I had a salad and the coconut shrimp appetizer for dinner. The salad was loaded with freshly shaved parmesan, and was very tasty. The coconut shrimp were large, and the coconut was well toasted. My husband got the mussels in the white wine garlic butter sauce, and it was so delicious that the entire family was using bread to sop up the sauce. My daughter got the crab cakes, which were delicious, and my older son got fish and chips. I don't recall what my younger son got, but his plate was clean, so he must have liked it. (The baby just eats off of everyone else's plates, and claimed the bread basket!)

My only complaint is that they have outdoor seating, but it's very small tables (space issue), and they won't seat families with young children out there. Understandable, but I wish we could dine outside (you can dine downstairs in the attached bar restaurant, but it's not waterfront).

• Visited June 2013
lavergne tennessee
“Way to overpriced!”
Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

This is where I brought shame to my teenage son. While I have no idea how the food taste, I will have to say stay away. Now I am talking to people with a family on a budget. The prices were crazy. We left in search of a more affordable restaurant. I wasn't sure why the prices were so high. I couldn't figure out what the draw was. The inside was not very nice and the young staff not very friendly.

• Visited June 2013