“There Is A Lot To Be Said About Atmosphere”

Sculley's Boardwalk Grille
Ranked #19 of 79 Restaurants in Madeira Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Drinks, Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Willoughby, Ohio
“There Is A Lot To Be Said About Atmosphere”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

We had lunch here last weekend. The drinks were expensive. The food was so-so. The band that was playing above the bar had everyone going, the view was stellar. We were sitting outside having fun together in a funky place. Flew back home the next day to fifty degrees and rain in Cleveland. I'd go back in a heartbeat!

2 Thank mikelcesc

Marshall, Minnesota
“Average at best”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

Had supper there one night since the HUT below was full with no seating for our group. We thought the menu seemed a bit pricey but ordered anyways. Overall the food was okay but nothing i would come back for. Restaurant seemed a bit dated and maybe could have been cleaner.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank TwoNewlyWeds
Banff, Canada
“Catch o the Day!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

Nice "character" place on the boardwalk. Only had a few appies but enjoyed them all and enjoyed watching the Dolphins swimming and jumping near by! ...Dolphins, Pelicans, Egrets, Blue Herons, and all could be seen from our table.. Good as it gets.

1 Thank Dennis56_11
Beautiful Jersey shore
“Nice location, average food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013

We arrived at John's Pass in Madeira Beach well after lunchtime and decided upon Sculley's. We were seated quickly and given the "house drink" menu. There were lots of interesting drinks - but with NO PRICES, my pet peeve - and each was available in a souvenir glass upon request. We have enough of those, so we ordered just the drinks (without knowing the prices). When the drinks arrived they were in the souvenir cups! Our server did the "cut & run" where she drops them off then splits in a hurry, so we were left wondering whether this was a mistake, or they just decided to serve in the souvenir cups. We finished our drinks, and the waitress came back and asked us if we wanted the cups washed out so we could take them home. We said we didn't want them, and there was no problem. But an awkward situation at the start of the meal is a bad way to start a meal.

We ordered an appetizer of conch fritters, which were a little dense but pretty tasty, with a spicy mayo-based sauce that was also good. I had a crab cake sandwich; the crab cake was mostly bread, so I ended up with a bread-on-bread sandwich. My better half ordered a burger, which he enjoyed.

The final total for 2 frozen drinks, 2 domestic beers, an appetizer and 2 sandwiches came to $70 before tip, one of the more expensive meals of our trip. I just wish we felt like we had a better meal for that status. The view is terrific, but the food and the experience just doesn't measure up.

2 Thank NJBirder
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Top 3 Worst Experiences”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2013

I arrived here because I had time to kill. The view is nice, but it stops there. This place is an absolute tourist trap. I sat at the bar, as I was by myself and couldn't help but notice how creepy the manager (owner?) was being with woman and female staff members- it was SO awkward! After looking over the menu, I ordered the blackened grouper and it came out extremely over cooked. I never send anything back, so I took a few bites and that was all I could handle. Probably the worst fish I have ever ordered.

The only reason this place is open is probably the view. They have absolutely nothing else going for them...

1 Thank PizzaTheHut