“Buonissimo”
Review of Mario's

Mario's
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Italians are rarely satisfied with Italian food in the States. I have never been dissatisfied at Mario's. The best test is the pasta. It is cooked right, tastes right and their sauces are all excellent. It is a small restaurant but rarely is it noisy. People are too busy savoring food and wine to talk. The service is friendly and professional. Sometime there is a little wait, but we have to remember that Italian food is prepared from scratch and it takes 12 to 15 minutes to cook good pasta. Fish plates are really good. I recommend the fish soup, calamari fritti and zuppa of mussels. Veal is excellent. Usually in other restaurants it does not taste of anything, but here is tender and tasty. For the pasta lovers, they have excellent baked ziti that remind me of Sunday at home with grandmother cooking, lasagna at its best and all the a la carte pasta. They have a good and reasonably priced choice of wines, I prefer their Chianti.

I visit Mario’s pretty often and whenever I have visitors from the old country with pasta nostalgia I invite them there.

1  Thank Luigi D

Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

Tiny place packed full had to wait but it was worth it! We glad to find this gem on our last day - price, portions and most important quality best on madeira beach, my kids said A+, and believe me this is happened very rare, chicken Parmesan was excellent, mussel linguine was very very generous portion, delish! gracias! See my pictures

Reviewed December 8, 2012

Don't let the strip mall it's located in deter you. The food was excellent, the service great and really reasonably priced!

Reviewed November 22, 2012

We are a true Italian family, both of my parents are from Italy and let me tell you, Mario's is extremely authentic. We have been eating here for years now! The food is truly amazing, the waitstaff is super friendly, and the atmosphere is nice. The portions are very generous and the prices are moderate. I highly recommend eating at Mario's.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

we eat here at least twice on our visits to madeira. the food is great, prices fair and the portions are large. they always ask about desert but we can seldom finish the meal.