“Beautiful Food with Great Views”

Friendly Fisherman Restaurant
Ranked #18 of 84 Restaurants in Madeira Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: We have the Freshest Seafood in Madeira Beach! We also serve pasta, steak, Chicken, and Hamburgers.We are located in the world famous Johns Pass. Make sure you try our award winning New England Clam Chowder!
Reviewed September 7, 2007

My Wife and I recently spent 3 weeks at Indian Shores, and we ate at the Friendly Fisherman on a number of occasions.
My particular favourite is Grouper, which I enjoyed Blackened, Cajun, Broiled and Fried. I also discovered Flounder which was beautiful. My Wife loved the Scallops and Shrimp.
We both agree that the Clam Chowder is the best we have tasted. Watching Dolphins in the Bay only makes your experience more pleasureable.

We fully recommend The Friendly Fisherman.

2  Thank mariaphilH
Write a ReviewReviews (1,476)

Reviewed July 20, 2007

Our family ate at this establishment and was not very good. The food starting with the salad was left out to long with the oil and vinegar
to the main courses which were not good to ok. The tables are the worst part. Try sitting with 3 other people at one of their tables-forget it. You are all over each other. bad experience overall.

4  Thank CtFamilyman
Reviewed June 4, 2007

My family and I just spent 7 wonderful days in Madeira Beach. We ate at the Friendly Fisherman twice. Once for lunch and once for dinner. We loved the food and the service was great. We loved the fritters and I miss the Boardwalk Salad already!!
We watched dolphins swimming in the bay from our table!
If you are visiting Madeira Beach I would suggest stopping by there for at least one meal.

1  Thank princesspea
Reviewed May 28, 2007

This was our first stop for dinner at the beach. My husband got the cajun grouper and I got one that was stuffed with crab. It wasn't bad, but the hollindaise on mine was more greasy than creamy. The service was adequte, but we overheard the waitress telling the table next to us that they couldn't use the (still valid) coupon for a free soft drink. I'm not sure where, but it seems like there's probably better sea food out there.

Reviewed March 17, 2007

I took my wife & kids there figuring it would be a good time as the previous occasions have been quite good.

Once upon being seated, the hostess in a somewhat rude undertone said "Make sure that car seat doesn't block the aisle".

Which it wasn't.

The food was OK, but not worth writing home about.

Seems to me like the friendliness has gone downhill since I ate there last.

However it may just have been an off day. Everybody has them!

1  Thank HarryBennett