“Mediocre to Good Overall”

Friendly Fisherman Restaurant
Ranked #11 of 80 Restaurants in Madeira Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We have the Freshest Seafood in Madeira Beach! We also serve pasta, steak, Chicken, and Hamburgers.We are located in the world famous Johns Pass. Make sure you try our award winning New England Clam Chowder!
Reviewed July 21, 2014

The location of this restaurant is fantastic, right on the boardwalk. While this location is great, the food was mediocre overall. We had broiled grouper which was good, the fish tacos which were poor, and the shrimp basket which was average. We started the meal with onion rings which were good to average depending of which of the four of us you asked. The one excellent treat was the corn fritters which I highly recommend. I see mixed reviews from other contributors which seems to be par for the course for this restaurant.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

We have eaten here in the past and were glad to see it was still open. Love the fish and chips, corn fritters, and slaw here. My sister came back another day for a carry-out she liked it so much.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

One of my favorites. I could eat here everyday. Great view of boardwalk if you like to people watch and have a tropical backdrop. Cannot wait till next time. Get their corn fritters...I come over from the beach occasionally just to order some while we visit from Tampa on the weekends.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

The views and boating décor make up for the average fare. The oysters on the half shell were huge (almost too big) and the calamari was tasty, but I found the broiled shrimp and scallops to be very average and rather tasteless. There are plenty of seafood restaurants, not only in John's Pass but the surrounding beach communities that probably offer similar if not better fare for the same price.

Reviewed July 15, 2014

I thought this place was average. Average food, average prices. Would probably pick another place to eat next time we visit.