“Nice food” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Friendly Fisherman Restaurant

Friendly Fisherman Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 79 Restaurants in Madeira Beach
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Soups
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Toronto, Canada
“Nice food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

Nice food but service could be a little friendlier. Prices for the fish platters and also alcoholic drinks should be on the menu, I hate having to ask for pricing. If it changes because of market price they could put it on a specials board. Food was good and there was a lot of it.

Norwich, UK
“Not friendly at all and not so good!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

It was a dark, rainy night back in August and we were staying in nearby Treasure Island and wanted somewhere to go for our evening meal. We had not visited John's Pass yet and this was on our list to do. We ventured, we shopped and we searched for somewhere to dine.

We noticed the Friendly Fisherman, it looked OK and the menu looked good, so we settled on there. Went in, it was about half full, so no problems getting a table. We were given an small sized booth, that was a slight squeeze for our party of 4. This included 2 adults and 2 children (aged 14 and 8), we are not big people, so this booth is really only suitable for extremely small people or parties of 2.

Our server came, was moderately friendly and took our order. She had some trouble with our accents and knowing what we were saying but I thought we had got over this and she had understood what we wanted - how wrong I was!

Shortly after the food arrived, my daughters shrimp was OK, my Mahi Mahi was also OK nothing to write home about though. Now onto the problems, my wife's Sea Scallop Salad was a whole lot of salad and not a lot of Scallop but worse of all the dish our server had been struggling to understand was wrong! Instead of the Captain Burger my son had the Captain's Platter, being as he does not really like fish this was not acceptable. We pointed out the problem to the server and she was not amused, muttered something and then disappeared. About 10 - 15 minutes later a Captain Burger finally appeared and was promptly set down, she was still very moody about the whole mix up thing.

I think that was very poor service and if she was struggling to understand our order, then she should of checked to see if she had the order right and also if there are problems at least be apologetic and explain what you are doing, don't just wander off without a word.

The level of service and unapolegetic attitude of our server really put a downer on this meal for us, coupled with the bad weather. We basically ate up quickly, paid up (leaving a tip as well) and left, vowing never to return. I suppose we should of complained or mentioned our problems to the duty manager, but we had had enough and just wanted out.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Kalamazoo, Michigan
“Fish and more fish”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014

If you are a fish fan, you will find lots of choices here. I'm not, so I stayed with shrimp. The others in my group were very pleased with their entrees. We were able to sit and look out at the boat docks, which was nice. Service was a little slow, but the server was attentive. A few of the fish options were sold out by the time we were there at 7 pm.

• Visited November 2013
Baltimore
“mostly tourista, but the food is ok.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2014

This place used to be better, but it's still most likely better than the places around it. the seafood combo is good, the grouper is good too. If you ask me, Yes, I'd go back to there again. The atmosphere is good, the service is superb, and it's just a great place to relax and have dinner/lunch. The dock is nearby and the boats come in with the overnight boat charters. There are many shops nearby for the usual beach stuff (t-shirts, sunglasses, beachwear etc). There are a few bars/restaurants in the dock area for a friday night fun night. and you don't have to park in the parking garage if you don't mind a walk. A few years ago, I saw Hulk HOgan running his speedboat around the outlet to the sea. dress is casual, the seafood combo is nice as is the service. It's nice and yes, I'd go back there the next time I visit the area.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank a1tommyL
“Great location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

We sat at a window table so we could see out into the bay. Our waitress was very friendly and helpful, the place was decorated very cute for the holidays. We all got a seafood medly dish that was very good and reasonible priced for the food that we had. It was a neat place and enjoyed by all.

• Visited December 2013