“Limited menu, but great food and service.”

Friendly Fisherman Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 80 Restaurants in Madeira Beach
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We have the Freshest Seafood in Madeira Beach! We also serve pasta, steak, Chicken, and Hamburgers.We are located in the world famous Johns Pass. Make sure you try our award winning New England Clam Chowder!
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We visited here twice during our stay in Florida. Both times we had excellent service. Our servers were very friendly. Our server from the first visit was from Maine and came to our table the second night to say hi.

The food here is great, but the selection is fairly limited compared to restaurants I typically visit back home. Most places to in this area have limited menus, so I wouldn't count that against this particular place.

Both nights we ordered for two adults and one kid. One night we had drinks, another night soft drinks and appetizers. Both tabs came out around $72 and we ordered down the middle in terms of prices.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,379)

Reviewed June 4, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner here and most of us felt it was the best seafood we had during our 4 day stay. Plates were huge , atmosphere was great and the waitress was very knowledgeable and friendly. We loved it! Several styles of shrimp were all tasty..Fresh fish was good. Salmon was a nice large piece and done well.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

Had another great meal here. Fried seafood is fresh and lightly breaded. Portions are generous and there is a good choice of sides. The waitress was attentive and took good care of us.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

You've heard it said that Monday is a bad night to eat out? We hope that this is the case for the Friendly Fisherman. In an area where quality restaurants are many and competitive, we do not feel that there is legitimate excuse for the poor quality of our meal.

We ordered fried green tomatoes as an appetizer. They were not green, but white. Maybe the restaurant confused green tomatoes with zucchini?

My husband ordered the grouper; it was like eating a piece of dry rubber. The vegetables appeared dehydrated. Let's not even mention the rice.

I ordered the mahi-mahi, which was OK, but tasted like it was cooked with a ribeye slapped on top of it to give it some flavor.

Our server was courteous and efficient. We don't blame her for the food, but if we were her, we would have taken the food back to the chef and said, "Hey! What is this?! Let's serve our guests some food!"

We really felt sorry for the poor guy sitting next to us with a $216 bill. At least we didn't waste that much money.

This would be a good place for Chef Robert Irvine of Restaurant Impossible. When we can get fresher seafood at home in central Illinois, something is dreadfully wrong.

1  Thank VioletHolmes
Reviewed May 19, 2013

With the number of times I've been to John's Pass we had never eaten here before last night. This restaurant is right on the board walk with great views of the water and boats. The interior was clean and impressive with all the wood with plenty of seating. I ordered the fried Mahi Mahi and is was plentiful and delicious! My daughter ordered the scallops and my husband got the fried shrimp and they both said they were very good. Sorry I usually post a picture, but I was starving and it looked so good I couldn't wait to dig into it. We will return again!