“Classic French---delicieuse”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Redington Shores, Florida
“Classic French---delicieuse”
Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

We had a lovely dinner at Gulf Bistro last evening, and, as always, it was a delight: personal service, romantic atmosphere, wonderful French dishes like lobster bisque, foie de veau w a superb sauce moutard...even the colorful vegetables were very creatively prepared and arranged so that the plate was so appealing to the eye as well and the palate. I have enjoyed special meals here for a number of years and noticed that Marie and Frederic are constantly tweaking even the standards and making small changes and improvements and innovations. Le tour Eiffel sparkling beside the entrance invites those who love artistic French dining to indulge. This is one of the most wonderful little intimate restaurants in this part of Florida, and I am so happy to be able to return over and over. Bon appetite!

Visited February 2014

Weirton
“A must if you love French food!”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Hubby & I ate here last nite......I have a thing for French cooking. From the glittery white Eiffel Tower outside in front of the cafe to the dessert, it was heavenly! Our waitress was an elderly French lady who was a delight! Very helpful with by husband in choosing a dish. The menu is in both French & English. We had wine with our meal & started with the Brie crepes with raspberry sauce for an app. The lightest crepes EVER! Then came the salad with a wonderful house dressing. I ordered the Beef Tenderloins with Bernaise sauce & he got the Seafood Boullabaise. Everything was excellent......finished off with the most delicious Creme Brûlée I've ever had (& this being my fav dessert, I've had plenty!)..........it was worth every penny eating here. We will def go one more time before we leave the area! You will also love the atmosphere.....a small restaurant as you would expect from a French eatery -- very cozy!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank Blackandgoldfan
Washington, DC
“Consistently Excellent French Cooking”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

I have probably dined at the Gulf Bistro about a dozen times over the past few years (whenever visiting the St. Petersburg area). The cuisine is unpretentious, but extremely good, French bistro style. My old standbys are sweetbreads, duck breast, and whatever fish is on the menu that day. All are excellent. Desserts tend to be simple, although equally excellent. There is an adequate wine list with some very reasonable bottles available (however, the restaurant will let you bring your own wine for a corkage fee). While this is not the haut-est of haut cuisine establishments, you will not be disappointed. Several of my serious "foodie" friends who recently dined with me were impressed. The St. Petersburg area doesn't have many really good restaurants. Thank goodness, it has the Gulf Bistro.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank TJHESQ
holidaydory
“A gem in Madeira Beach”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

The food is fabulous and the atmosphere very relaxed and quaint. Visited the restaurant with a large group and everyone enjoyed their meal, not one complaint. We all had different dishes from fish to liver and all tasty. A few comments that the meal was the best they had ever had. We liked it so much that we returned the following night to introduce the restaurant to another friend. Service attentive and friendly, top notch chef and great wine list...what more could you want? Worth trying if you are in the Madeira Beach area.

• Visited September 2013
“No stuffy French food here!”
Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

I always enjoy dining with Marie at Gulf Bistro. First introduced by friends, we've come back often. They always accommodate my vegetarian requests (loved the mushroom crepe on a recent visit) & my husband loves the French onion soup, duck & seafood entrees. Save room for dessert crepes! It's relaxed, quaint & clean; chef-owned with wife Marie running front of the house. Almost hate to spread the word on this local gem!

• Visited September 2013