“Consistently Excellent French Cooking”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Gulf Bistro

Gulf Bistro
Ranked #10 of 79 Restaurants in Madeira Beach
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Washington, DC
“Consistently Excellent French Cooking”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

I have probably dined at the Gulf Bistro about a dozen times over the past few years (whenever visiting the St. Petersburg area). The cuisine is unpretentious, but extremely good, French bistro style. My old standbys are sweetbreads, duck breast, and whatever fish is on the menu that day. All are excellent. Desserts tend to be simple, although equally excellent. There is an adequate wine list with some very reasonable bottles available (however, the restaurant will let you bring your own wine for a corkage fee). While this is not the haut-est of haut cuisine establishments, you will not be disappointed. Several of my serious "foodie" friends who recently dined with me were impressed. The St. Petersburg area doesn't have many really good restaurants. Thank goodness, it has the Gulf Bistro.

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank TJHESQ

holidaydory
“A gem in Madeira Beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

The food is fabulous and the atmosphere very relaxed and quaint. Visited the restaurant with a large group and everyone enjoyed their meal, not one complaint. We all had different dishes from fish to liver and all tasty. A few comments that the meal was the best they had ever had. We liked it so much that we returned the following night to introduce the restaurant to another friend. Service attentive and friendly, top notch chef and great wine list...what more could you want? Worth trying if you are in the Madeira Beach area.

• Visited September 2013
“No stuffy French food here!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013 via mobile

I always enjoy dining with Marie at Gulf Bistro. First introduced by friends, we've come back often. They always accommodate my vegetarian requests (loved the mushroom crepe on a recent visit) & my husband loves the French onion soup, duck & seafood entrees. Save room for dessert crepes! It's relaxed, quaint & clean; chef-owned with wife Marie running front of the house. Almost hate to spread the word on this local gem!

• Visited September 2013
Madeira Beach, Florida
“It is the best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Consistently the best. Every time we try to go to the other places, we got disappointing experience.

• Visited August 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Heaven in Madeira!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

If you are a foodie, stop in here. This place is as authentic and delicious as can be!! We came here for dinner on Saturday and it was perfect for a romantic couple, a family place, and perfect atmosphere! The food melts in your mouth, oh how I wish I was still eating that chocolate crepe!! I would eat here every night and twice on a day that I need a pick me up! The wine choices are wonderful and this hole in the wall place is an authentic French experience. I hope to be back many times, on hot summer nights and cold winter ones as well. Merci beaucoup!!

• Visited August 2013