“Simple, delicious food”

The Boardwalk Grill
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery
Description: Established in 2007 We are a casual waterfront restaurant located on the boardwalk in Johns Pass Village. We started as a small ice cream and coffee shop in 2007. We slowly expanded over the next few years slowly bringing in more and more food items. Now we are a one stop shop on the boardwalk for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. We pride ourselves in the quality of our food and love to hangout on the boardwalk and talk about fishing. Come on out and try our Authentic New England Lobster Roll, our delicious fish tacos and of course our famous Boardwalk fries, you wont be dissapointed.
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Our last night in Madeira Beach we wanted to make sure to stop at this small eatery in John's Pass Village. We tried several nights earlier, but it was just too hot. It was still hot the night we went, but heard such good things about it on TA that we decided to go for it anyway. This place is small with very few tables inside and outside. We were lucky to get a seat for the 9 of us. Patty, our waitress was so nice and helpful. She immediately let us know that they had run out of shrimp which typically would have been a huge disappointment, but was okay this night. Most of us were interested in other items like the lobster roll. She also closed the open front door, I guess to help it get cooler. I really never did. It was pretty uncomfortable in there the whole time. We started out with the onion rings and a couple of us got the soup. Both were good. I ordered the lobster roll for $12.99. To make it a meal (fries and a drink) it was $3.00 more. I had also heard that they had the best french fries. Loved all of it. My husband got the blackened grouper meal and my other son got the fish tacos. Everyone else either got the lobster roll or grouper sandwich too. We all agreed this place was a hit. My mother-in-law thought the grouper sandwich meal which was also $15.99 was overpriced, but I really didn't. There is a counter where you pay that has several $1.00 bills taped up with customer's names and where they are from. My 17 year old put his and maybe one day he can come back and see it. Fun idea. If you eat here be prepared for a very casual and probably hot place to eat, but with excellent seafood and service.

Jesse B, Owner at The Boardwalk Grill, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience. I am so glad that you enjoyed your meal, however I am very sorry that you were uncomfortable. We realize the heat is an issue and have been working to resolve it and hopefully the next time you visit we will have it fixed and you can fully enjoy your experience. Thanks again for coming to see us and thank you further for the kind words.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,074)

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Late in the evening after a couple if drinks we decided to drop in here rather than a restaurant, we ordered a cold pitcher, nachos - which were fine, fish tacos - which were good and really fresh and a lobster roll which was out of this world! Great place to watch the world go by, watch the dolphins and enjoy a beer and a snack.

1  Thank SueandSimon
Reviewed June 19, 2013

this little restaurant is just what I was looking for. Fresh, lightly seasoned grouper tacos and just the right amount of food.

Reviewed June 14, 2013

We had fish tacos, Philly cheesesteak, fried shrimp, fries. All was excellent! Ate outside on Boardwalk overlooking water. Highly recommend it!

Reviewed June 7, 2013

First and foremost, get the fries! They are "double" fried in some way with a lovely seasoning. We loved them. Probably the best fries we have ever eaten...anywhere. I had the blackened grouper, which was excellent. My husband had fried clams. The service was wonderful, not much to really look at in terms of "beauty", but it is one of those places that truly represents the old saying......"you cannot judge a book by its cover" kind of things. The only complaint is that there was no grilled shrimp. But we could not find it anywhere in the area quite frankly. We met the young man who was co owner and he was very sweet...and a worker himself! All in all, probably our favorite eating establishment our whole trip.