“Didn't want to leave...”

Barefoot Beach Hotel
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Madeira Beach
Reviewed July 15, 2009

This was my second stay at Barefoot Beach, and my husband's first. I had stayed there a few weeks prior for a girls weekend with a friend and she had chosen this hotel. I enjoyed it so much that I talked her into an extra night, and then talked my husband into changing our vacation plans from a different Florida beach to Madeira Beach. I even talked him into a couple of extra nights once we got there!

We had a beachfront room with a balcony and fabulous view. We enjoyed the tropical decor of the room, and appreciated the convenience of the kitchen. The beach was clean and not crowded like some. Barefoot Beach Resort also has a great pool and plenty of chaise lounges for relaxing. There are washers and dryers which came in very handy, and also outside barbecue grills for anyone wanting to do some grilling. Shopping and great restaurants were within walking distance. There was so much to do in the Madeira Beach and Treasure Island area that even staying 10 days wasn't enough to do everything we wanted to do!! We didn't want to leave and can't get back there soon enough!!

And did I mention the staff? So friendly and willing to help arrange reservations for all sorts of sightseeing and entertainment. Just ask Lisa!

Seriously, if you are looking for a relaxing, laid back vacation you can not beat the value of a stay at the Barefoot Beach Resort in Madeira Beach.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 7, 2009

We stayed at this resort over July 4th weekend. The room was very clean, the kitchenette was smaller than I thought it would be, but it worked out perfectly. Loved having gulf front view, nice big bathroom, warm showers and the couch and bed were comfortable. Pool was small, but who needs it with the gulf just steps away.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 6, 2009

We live in Sarasota and just wanted to get away for the July 4th weekend. We thoroughly enjoyed our three night stay at Barefoot Resort. We didn't want to leave, the rooms were nicely decorated and very clean. I actually liked the idea of leaving the basket for your needs outside the room, I didn't feel like I had to straighten up the room for the staff to clean it. It was great being that close to the beach and John's Pass. Everyone at the resort was very cooperative and helpful. My husband and I can't wait to go back in October for our anniversary. Independence day fireworks were fabulous.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 25, 2009

My hubby and I went on an extended weekend trip and decided we didn't want to rent a car so we stayed near John's Pass so we have options for dinner and drinks. From the outside the Barefoot looks older, but still in good shape. The pool was nice and warm. The rooms were a good size and nicely decorated, I like that we had a separate sitting area. We also made good use of the microwave and fridge in the room, they even provided the dishes for us. The best thing by far about this place is the beach, it is the largest beach area in front of any hotel we saw! Large enough that there was a beautiful wedding out there on one evening. The beach was clean and the water was warm. Everyone there was super friendly and helpful from reservation to check-out. We will be back for sure!!!

Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 21, 2009

We have remained faithful patrons to this wonderful resort even before it was remodeled. The view is amazing, the folks are friendly and the rooms are quite nice. The hotel is within walking distance of John's Pass which means we didn't drive while there. Will return to our favorite place on Madeira Beach.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 15, 2009

The staff was always very friendly and willing to accomodate in any way and a beautiful view from the balcony. Room was clean and suited our needs.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 6, 2009

We (5 of us) spent most of our time in Orlando but wanted somewhere to spend 2 nights visiting a friend locally . We had rented a villa in Davenport for the 2 weeks so didn't want to spend a lot for 2 days. I found this hotel on trip advisor with many 5 and 4 stars ratings and tooka chance.At first they misunderstood what we wanted (2 rooms with 2 bedrooms each). The manager sorted this out and we ended up with rooms 314 and 414 (the Hemmingway rooms.) She even knocked a bit off the price. The photos do not do this hotel justice. They look a bit seedy but they are immaculate, clean and well appointed. The staff couldn't be more friendly or helpful. The pool in our villa was cool ,this pool was very warm and inviting. We all wanted to stay longer. I completely agree with what the previous reviews have said. I would go back in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with family
#4 of 15 in Madeira Beach
Shoreline Island Resort
Shoreline Island Resort
#1 of 15 in Madeira Beach

Been to Barefoot Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!