“Clean, comfortable, great views!”

Barefoot Beach Hotel
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Madeira Beach
Kansas City, Missouri
“Clean, comfortable, great views!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

We rented a two bedroom suite overlooking the gulf. Although an older hotel, it has been recently painted and is kept very clean. The furniture and beds were comfortable. The pool area and vegetation are kept up and are very attractive. The access to the beach, surrounding shopping and restaurants are great! The office staff was polite and helpful. The only negative was we could hear the guests above us. We will return!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
Hudson, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2014

We had a waterfront suite and a beautiful view of the beach, Balcony was small but plenty of room for a couple of chairs to enjoy. Room was very clean and nicely decorated with a small kitchenette. No daily housekeeping, but a neat way of leaving towels in the basket outside your door and they were promptly replaced. It gave the place a very comfortable feeling. Pool was nice with lots of chairs. Good restaurants within walking distance. We recommend this highly and will definitely go back!

Room Tip: Waterfront is worth the cost!
Toms River, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014

A very nice surprise!! The room overlooking the pool (no beachfront available) was large and immaculate, It had a living room with comfy couch and ottoman, round table & chairs, large flat screen TV & free WIFI. The bed a comfy king size, a kitchenette with a microwave, mini fridge, sink, coffee pot, coffee-sugar-creamers etc, and cabinet's loaded with dishes, glasses, & silverware. They also provide paper towels and dish detergent. The bath lots of towels shampoo soap and plenty of storage for your toiletries. It also had a small deck with table & chairs. All for the bargain price of $203 a night. They don't come back in daily to service your room so if you need something (like towels) you leave a laundry basket outside your door with your dirty towels and the list provided in the room for other items and they refill based on your needs. Beach towels can be obtained at the office. My only complaint, no in room safe. You can leave valuables at the office safe. Only be careful of the hours the office is open if you need something. Beach chairs are available for rental on the beach. Lounges umbrella tables at beautiful clean pool. Directly across the street John's Pass Boardwalk great shopping and restaurants.

Room Tip: If staying poolside try to get rooms further back from main street so not too noisy from street traf...
Grafton, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014

Feb 8th 2014 was our third stay. Thrilled to be back after learning the mattress' were replaced in August. (The others were too soft for my comfort.). We love the location and the gulf views. Pool is nice, and staff helpful and friendly. I dont mind not having daily maid service to clean my room. I am an adult now & now how to make my bed, unlike other comments. I prefer not having staff enter my room. The staff has no problem whatsoever getting the supplies we needed, be it towels, coffee, shampoo, etc. Free wifi is a plus, given the doubletree a bit north charges an additional $10.95 per day. The room is clean. The only drawback here are thin walls, but yet we have returned three times. I dont really think you will be disappointed. (Regarding the international travelers misfortune, it is true about travel agent bookings and charge card co delaying credits, it does happen. fyi, the fraud in the Euro nations is something to be aware of as well. Our room safe was robbed in a hotel in St. Remy, Fr last year.)

Room Tip: Pay the extra for gulf side.
Dunlevy, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014

Spent three days as a birthday/anniversary trip before continuing on to Orlando to visit our beautiful granddaughters. My husband and I had a wonderful stay at this hotel! The room was clean and perfect for the two of us. I really liked the way they handled "room service"......no one bothered you during your stay. We thoroughly enjoyed the heated pool and the beautiful garden setting beside it. The beach was clean and not crowded at this time of the year, and the views from our beachfront room were gorgeous! We got to experience perfect weather and the most awesome sunsets...... We are definitely looking forward to coming back to Madeira Beach, and we will stay at Barefoot Beach Hotel again!

Room Tip: I would definitely go for the beach front rooms on the 3rd or 4th floor.
Grimsby, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

We come to Orlando every September and for the past couple of years we have taken a few days away from our hectic time there to spend a few days on the coast. We love this hotel! We have been lucky enough to get a Groupon but to be honest I would gladly pay full price.

Whilst it I would not class this as a luxury hotel it doesn't matter. It's clean and comfortable with a good little kitchenette area, cable tv and free wifi!! I quite like that the maid service was unobtrusive and you just exchange things in the basket if you need them.

Best of all it has the views.

I could sit for hours on the balcony just staring out at the ocean and people passing by which are few and far between on a late September weekday!! We have seen dolphins both times we've visited. Even watching the storms come in the afternoon is enjoyable!

The beach is gorgeous, it is so clean and fairly quiet when we've been. Never had a noise issue from other rooms and reception staff very helpful. It's also only a few mins walk from Johns Pass which is great for eating out too!! It's nice to actually be able to walk somewhere after spending time in Orlando.

If I had to make any criticisms it would be the air con is a bit noisy and very cold if you're on the put up bed - but I soon got used to the noise. The only other thing is I'm not used to staying on a property that is unmanned overnight. Not that it has been an issue so far.

Love this place and will always be my first choice when visiting this area!!

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Garfield, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 16, 2014

After flying the beach from Clearwater to Sarasota, I knew I had to spend one night on the beach. Booked a room for the next night to watch the sun set over the gulf, unfortunately things went south, my room wasn't ready, and mother nature decided to blow in a storm and heavy fog. However Aaron the manager made things better when he upgraded me to a much nicer room. Thanks again for making the most out the situation, also I found Heath to be very helpful and informative, I plan on staying longer when I return next winter, Mark.

Room Tip: Had top room on south east corner, very nice, comfortable, quiet, great view.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Holiday Isles Resort
Holiday Isles Resort
#12 of 15 in Madeira Beach
Residence Inn St. Petersburg Treasure Island
Residence Inn St. Petersburg Tre...
#5 of 48 in Treasure Island
Shoreline Island Resort
Shoreline Island Resort
#1 of 15 in Madeira Beach

Been to Barefoot Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!