We stayed in Gulf View King Suite, a nice large, comfortable room with a well equipped kitchen, and a good size balcony looking over a beautiful white beach and the ocean. The room had a very large wardrobe, a great bed, large flat screen tv player, dvd player, dining table and chairs and two very comfortable reclining chairs with pop up foot rests. The place was generally very clean, but it really needed a deep clean to remove scale and dirt around the bathroom taps, the awkward bits of floor, the room edges etc. The kitchen area was quite new and nice and clean, with an oven, hob, microwave, toaster, coffee maker, electric can opener, large fridge / freezer, silver ware, crockery and glasses. Minor moan, the steak knives and bread knife were very blunt!
The external building fabric is a little tatty and worn, but the overall feel is good. There is currently a new block under construction, with the concrete frame going up, so there is some noise during the day, which wasn’t a great problem, though one day they had a major floor concrete pour, and we had continuous noise from just after 7 until around 5, so don’t expect peace and quiet for several months.
The pool area and surrounds are well maintained and kept very tidy, and there are plenty of chairs, sun beds, tables and sun shades, with a gate onto the beach where there is a shower for sluicing off salty water and sand.
The staff was helpful and friendly, offering advice and the use of a computer and printer.
The location is fantastic, we saw dolphins cavorting just off the beach every day, a manatee, pelicans, and osprey catching fish, and walked the beach for miles, a really lovely place to be.
So all in all, a great location, good staff, well equipped rooms, but current construction noise and could use a deep clean and some work on the building fabric.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Magnificent white sand beaches engulf Shoreline Island Resort, located between Clearwater Beach and St. Petersburg Beach. This family owned resort has blended many of the comfortable conveniences with leisure and recreational amenities you expect from a luxury resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Shoreline Island Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Shoreline Island Resort Motel Madeira Beach Hotel Madeira Beach
- Shoreline Island Madeira Beach
- Shoreline Island Hotel Madeira Beach
- Shoreline Island Resort Madeira Beach, Florida