“Perfect even the second time around” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Shoreline Island Resort
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Madeira Beach
Chicago, Illinois
“Perfect even the second time around”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

This was our second time back at this hotel. The entire staff was great. The hotel is kept up and was just wonderful. You can't find places like this on the beach its rare for good service and a good atmosphere. They remodeled their rooms which was excellent! Thumbs up to shoreline the beds were new and there were new tv's in the room. I have to say they really do go above and beyond which is what makes them so great. A nice pick of breakfast items in the morning as well beach chairs to take to the beach! A wonderful kept up pool and BBQ grills for cooking.

I really can't complain about anything except this is a 21 and older hotel/motel. I am 22 as well as my boyfriend and this place really has an excellent atmosphere to RELAX. This is not the type of place you go to if your going to be extremley loud and crazy. Thats why we like it here so much it's the best piece of paradise you can get! So if your looking for a crazy wild out of control place PLEASE don't come here pick somewhere else like somewhere in Clearwater! We did encounter a group of older people who were very loud at 2:30 in the morning a few nights while we were there which was annoying but other than that this just a great place to go.

Customer service was great and I can't wait to come back here a third time! Were gonna make this our go to spot from now on! You made our 7 nights here very awesome. You can expect us back next July!

Great job shoreline!

1 Thank Nicolette M
ShorelineGM, General Manager at Shoreline Island Resort, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Thank you for your recent review. We are definitely not the resort to come if you are looking for a loud, party type atmosphere and we appreciate your mention of that. We work hard to continue to provide the quiet sanctuary and relaxing experience of a well deserved vacation away. We are so glad that you enjoyed a week of “paradise’ with us this summer. We all need time to rejuvenate and we are happy that you can find that here at the Shoreline. See you next July!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
Lakeland, FL
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for our 10th wedding anniversary in July. I read the great reviews prior to us coming here and I found them to be really close to what we experienced on our week long stay. Here are a few of the things that we found fault with:
The “21 and older” reference should be changed to the “51 and older” because everyone who was there (besides us and 2 couples closest to our ages) were old enough to be my parents. I say that is a fault, but it is also a good thing; I’ll explain later. Anyways, they did not seem to like the fact that young people were at the resort. Every time we came around the pool area, I guess we offended them and they left. It was no skin off our noses, so we enjoyed the empty pool area. Some of the folks were nice and were made some good friends (Stan the man and Lynn!!), but most did not seem to be happy about our being there.
Secondly, the breakfast was pre-packaged things like fiber bars, yogurt and assorted pastries. It did the trick, but maybe add something warm and not for fiber purposes.
The rooms were awesome! When we went into our bathroom, one of the light fixtures was hanging out of the socket, but I quickly fixed. The pilows left alot to be desired as they were flat. If you want fluff, I suggest you bring your own. A few days into our stay, I noticed the A/C was not blowing at all. I opened up the filters and they were completely blocked with dirt and dust. I gave them a rinse in the sink and put them back, so no problem for us, but some older folks may have breathing problems and that won’t help their situation. I suggest they check them regularly as ours was not checked in quite a while. Also, the last day we were there, the sink in the bathroom had no water pressure at all. We told the man at the front desk and he sent the request off to maintenance. Hopefully it was fixed. That is about all the bad things. Now for the good stuff!! 
We arrived early on Monday and Perry was nice enough to get the room ready for us ASAP. Until then, he gave us towels and said we could enjoy the pool or beach and would call when the room was ready. The room was great! The full kitchen was a plus. It saved us money because we cooked lunch and dinner for ourselves. The view from our 4th floor screened-in balcony overlooking the gulf was spectacular! We saw dolphins every morning playing about 200 yards off the beach and the storms and lightning at night were awe-inspiring to watch out over the Gulf. The staff kept our room clean as a whistle each and every day and that was a plus as we left for the beach around 9 30 and by lunch our room had been cleaned! The beach was soft and white and we found an entire 5 gallon buckets worth of shells right on the stretch of beach by the resort.
Now I know I said the older folks were a downside, but most everyone was out eating by 4:30 and the place was literally deserted after 7 pm which made the entire resort for quiet and relaxing. And by the end of the week, more young people checked in.
We were fortunate enough to be there and invited to attend the dedication party they had. They are planning to tear down the two oldest sections of the resort in Aug/Sept and build new 4 story buildings. And the management welcomed Mr. Marsh as their new manager. He is a great guy and his plans for the resort will make it a great place to visit in the future. Hopefully it will draw some of the younger crown in as well. If you do plan to visit after Sept 2013, make sure you know or ask if there will be construction going on. Hopefully it won’t impact the resort too much. I know we will be back even during this time. I didn’t hear a completion date, but I would think it would not take too long.
The resort is only 5 minutes from John’s Pass where you can shop and eat till you die! I recommend Bubba Gumps. The food there is awesome!
My wife and I really enjoyed our stay and we will definitely be back, construction or not! We hope to meet our friends there again and look forward to seeing what new adventures we will have! This place is quiet, relaxing, inexpensive and well worth a visit. If you are looking for a slice of heaven, this is it!! Thank you Shoreline for a wonderful 10th anniversary! We will never forget it and hope to make new memories very soon! 

Room Tip: Gulf front rooms offer great views!
2 Thank bossnass64
Thank you for writing a review and for providing all of the information of the area, shopping and restaurants to future travelers. We are happy that you were here for our company celebration to introduce and welcome our family back to the resort that my grandfather originally built. We were excited to share some history and future plans with our guests. Also, we appreciate your mention of our plans of reconstruction. We will be replacing our poolside & garden view buildings with a beautiful new four story high rise in its’ place. Demolition will begin in October and we hope for completion in approximately 10 months. We will still be open for business and our pool and patio deck will be available for use of guests throughout the entire process. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and from our staff and family to you, we all wish you a Happy 10th Anniversary. We hope to see you again soon.
Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

We needed an overnight stay to attend a party nearby. Not all hotels in this area will allow you to book for one night only, so I based my selection on being able to do so here.

We arrived into town 2 hours before check-in time but really couldn't hang around and wait until 3:00 to check in since we needed to quickly change and get to the party we were attending in a nearby town. The office staff was great! They sped up our room cleaning and we were able to check-in within 15 minutes. What a nice, friendly bunch of people behind that desk! They all seemed to love their jobs and always eager to assist.

The hotel is old, no question about that. It was clean though and had an amazing view of the beach. The little breakfast bar downstairs was adequate for morning breakfast.

I would definitely stay here again if I'm ever in the area and recommend it as a great place to stay right on the beach!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank FloridaLady
Thank you for your review and recommendation. We appreciate the comments regarding our staff. They do love their jobs, and we all look forward to coming to the Shoreline everyday to serve our guests in every way possible. We are so happy that it is recognized. Offering a positive and relaxing experience is our main goal. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to have you as our guests. We look forward to your return.
USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

This was our third time visiting this little gem and definitely the best in spite of the fact that it rained every day. We always go the first week in July. First in 2010 when I got engaged to my wife right down the beach from there, then in 2012 we went back for our honeymoon and this year we went back again. The over 21 thing is a definite plus as I can't stand a bunch of screaming kids in the pool all day. I never had or wanted children and have no desire to be annoyed by them all through my vacation. The thing we noticed from the get go was that almost everybody there was at least ten years older than us, which is fine but they do tend to get a little cliquish. I overhear them grumbling about the younger people occasionally. My answer to that would be someone has to support this place after you're all dead! This year there were actually many more people our age (40's) and even some younger, so I guess it's catching on with the younger crowd after all. Anyway the rooms are always very clean, the staff is always friendly (the bald guy in the office is a little intense but he's ok) and the hotel is right down the street from lots of restaurants and bars as well as John's Pass for shopping and two supermarkets (Winn Dixie and Publix). The rooms have a kitchen so you can bring groceries and cook in the room (saves on eating out) and the common area has lots of tables and built in charcoal grills, which we used this time for some great ribeye steaks right by the beach! The rates are VERY affordable ($85 to $105 a night for our room) and they have a free breakfast in the office every morning (muffins, breakfast bars, coffee, OJ, etc.). They could use a couple more things for breakfast like bagels/cream cheese and little cereal boxes with milk, but it's free so I really can't complain too much. Overall this is a wonderful little gem. Really the whole of Madeira Beach is a wonderful little gem. It's getting hard to find places that still have little "Mom and Pop" motels/resorts right on the beach for an affordable price. We will continue to return here for the foreseeable future as long as Madeira doesn't get taken over by giant corporate hotels and condos like Clearwater.

Room Tip: We prefer the "Garden View" rooms as the tower rooms have screened in balconies with the a...
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for your recommendation of our resort. We are so happy to hear that you have spent every year with us since your engagement. We really strive to provide that comfortable and homey atmosphere that our guests can look forward to coming to year after year. Thank you for staying with us again. We look forward to seeing you back in July of 2014.
Paris, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

Rented a gulf front studio. 4th floor. Perfect view of the ocean. Could hear the sound of the waves. Screened in, so no bugs. The room and the resort were as clean and neat as could be. Pool heated and clean. Resort very quiet. Over 21. Located right on the sand and a narrow beach so a short walk to water's edge. Good variety on the continental breakfast. Staff very helpful and friendly. Arrived early but could just hang out at the resort till room was ready. Able to rent cabana and good lounge chairs on site. We stayed in the building above the office. Updated room decor. The only thing missing was a tiki bar/snack bar or restaurant on site. But it is just a short drive to find a place to eat/ have a drink. But beware a lot of the places shut down fairly early -9pm. Soft, white sand. Office closed 9pm -6 am, but there is an emergency number posted. We would stay there again.

Room Tip: 4th floor. Building over office. Ranked restaurant very good for continental breakfast. No ro...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank lmy6
Thank you for your recent review. We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay while you were here and we hope to have you back again soon.
Richmond, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

This hotel was very clean and relaxing. The staff were the friendliest I have seen! This is perfect after I had been in Orlando surrounded by screaming and crying children. This adults only hotel is perfect for everyone that needs to get away from that. Plus the beach is only a few steps away!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Becca F
ShorelineGM, General Manager at Shoreline Island Resort, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post a review, and for such positive comments regarding our staff. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again soon.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

This place was a great place to stay!My fiance and I stayed for 5 days in May 2013. We had a room across the street from the main property which was a lot cheaper and more secluded. We still had access to the pool, breakfast and beach. We just had to cross a four lane road to get to the main property (not hard to do at all!!!). The customer service was amazing, even when super busy at the front desk. The other guests were very nice as well. It is a 21 and older place, so there is alot of older couples, they party just as hard as us 25 and 17 year olds. It was great to not have kids running around and crying while on vacation. The beach views are beautiful at shoreline and its in walking distance to a lot of shops and bars.

Room Tip: Across the street from the main property. Bottom floor left side.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for writing a review of our resort. We do strive to provide excellent customer service, and we are so happy to hear that is exactly what you received. We appreciate your comments regarding our apartments located across the street. We understand that many guests prefer to be located right on the beach, however for any guests that look for slightly lower rates, more space and do not mind crossing the street, the apartments are great. As you mentioned, we do offer full use of all of the amenities on the beach side as well. Thank you for allowing us to serve you as our guests. We look forward to seeing you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Madeira Beach
Sunset Vistas Beachfront Suites
#6 of 48 in Treasure Island
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,639 reviews
Doubletree Beach Resort by Hilton Tampa Bay / North Redington Beach
Doubletree Beach Resort by Hilto...
#1 of 6 in North Redington Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,348 reviews
Bilmar Beach Resort
Bilmar Beach Resort
#7 of 48 in Treasure Island
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,989 reviews

Been to Shoreline Island Resort? Share your experiences!