WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Shoreline Island Resort

Shoreline Island Resort
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Madeira Beach
Miami
“Don't you dare have a grievance with these folks!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2012

I had a grievance about being charged for a nite that I made reservations for and I arrived later than usual. I didn't think I was going to be charged for that nite as the front deskman never told me he would count that nite. Apparently it is policy to cancel beforehand. I wasn't informed and I was virtually told by the inhospitable woman that works there that "everyone is informed". Well I was not.
It is unfortunate that I have to use this platform to communicate with the staff. So, given that I was hung up on by two staff members I will finish saying what I was rudely cut off from saying: I understand, Mario, that it is hotel policy to cancel if you do not want to be charged a nite BUT I was not informed! Now I know how it works (this is the first trip I planned and paid for).
Secondly, I was willing to overlook the mold and come back for another visit, but after the unpleasant and total disregard/recognition of my point of view I will definitely not be coming back. Too bad management allows such unprofessional jerks to work there. Next time, make a genuine effort to hear people out rather than mechanically repeat a hotel policy like a machine,Mario. And just so management knows: I made my calls sat nov 17 between noon and 1pm.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Suzy M
ShorelineGM, General Manager at Shoreline Island Resort, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your experience. We are truly sorry that your experience was anything less than exceptional. We encourage all guests to give us feedback on their stay in order for us to correct and/or improve on any such issues in the future. We sincerely apologize that our policies were not clearly understood on your behalf and regret that this issue was not resolved to your satisfaction. Our team does pride ourselves on 100% customer satisfaction while also enforcing policies. We hope that you will reconsider staying with us in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
Merritt Island, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

My "special" friend took me to Maderia Beach for my birthday; it was my first overnight stay on the west coast of Florida. We had a great room over looking the ocean that was clean and well stocked. We had an issue with the heater ( the first time it was run this year and the dust had collected on the coils creating an odor ) The maintenance man was right on it to explain the problem and stopped back periodically to make sure it was improving which it did. All the staff were friendly and inviting making my first stay in Maderia Beach a memorable one!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank harry d
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are all happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Conroe, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

My husband found this property online after much research. We were looking for something 'on the beach' that was not cost prohibitive. Reluctant, as we knew this was an older property, we chose Shoreline. It was easy to find, and we had a wonderful stay. I will say, if you are looking for an updated Holiday Inn or Marriott, it is not. It is An Older property, but the management has done a great job with their updates, such as new carpet, new faucets, new cabinets, new tile flooring in the kitchen and bath, etc. It was quiet, relaxing, and we saw dolphins morning and late afternoon. Our room faced the gulf, and the balcony was screened. We had the pleasure of watching and photographing some of the most beautiful sunsets we've ever seen. I can't say enough about Shoreline. We had one questionable complaint, and without asking, the office staff took care of our 'question'. They went over and beyond to make sure we had a pleasant stay. We will definitely be returning in the future. BTW, this is an 'adult only' property, thus the reason it is so quiet, all the time. We met many very nice people from all over such as England, Canada, Cincinnati... Etc. Our only regret is we were not able to stay longer, but we will return to Shoreline in the future. Also, it is in a very good location, only about a mile from John's Pass. And if you choose to stay in this area, please try to make it to Lisa's Cafe, a quaint little restaurant not far from Shoreline... (About 3/4 mile). If you have your walking skills up, I'd suggest walking, if the weather is cool enough. Great restaurant with an owner proud of her work and aiming to please. Overall great vacation spot! Give it a try.

Room Tip: Don't go by the outside appearance.. It is an older property. Clean, quiet, on the beach, and...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Barbara C
ShorelineGM, General Manager at Shoreline Island Resort, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are in fact an older property as you stated, although we do pride ourselves in the way we as a team keep it well maintained. We appreciate the fact that our hard work is recognized as our only goal is to satisfy and please our guests. Thank you for choosing the Shoreline for your stay and we look forward to seeing you in the future.
Conroe, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

We stayed at the Shoreline in mid October, 2012. We had reservations for only two nights but we loved it so much we booked an additional night. Our only regret was that we could not stay longer. The place has been remodeled and everything is new and very clean. The staff is exceptional. Upon talking to other guests we found many return there year after year and we see why. Its a perfect location, quiet, peaceful, and relaxing. There is plenty to do in the area and the local restaurants were very good. We will be back.

Room Tip: Eat at Lisa's which is right down from the hotel. She is very nice and the food is excellent.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Ron C
Thank you for your review. The staff and I appreciate your comments and kind words. We enjoyed having you as our guests and appreciate your additional nights’ stay. We look forward to seeing you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Madeira Beach
Holiday Isles Resort
Holiday Isles Resort
#13 of 15 in Madeira Beach
Doubletree Beach Resort by Hilton Tampa Bay / North Redington Beach
Doubletree Beach Resort by Hilto...
#1 of 6 in North Redington Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,216 reviews
The Bungalows Motel
The Bungalows Motel
#2 of 48 in Treasure Island

Been to Shoreline Island Resort? Share your experiences!