“Review of room 404” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Kima Condominiums Madeira Beach

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Madeira Beach
Kima Condominiums Madeira Beach
You added Kima Condominiums Madeira Beach to your Saves list
USA
“Review of room 404”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

My stay at Kima was June 1- June 7, I had rented unit 404 which to say the least was very dirty and lacked supplies. The bedroom my children stayed in had food debris located underneath the beds, not to mention the stains on the comforters. One appeared to be urine stained. The carpeting in the unit are extremely dirty and I don't think they have ever been cleaned. The unit is very spacious which is a positive and it's location on the beach is also a positive.
My stay was for a week and there was a lack of supplies (the necessities, toilet paper-only the one roll hanging on the dispenser, paper towels, cleaning supplies, etc.) I spent my vacation washing all the bedding in the unit and scrubbing floors and disinfecting bathrooms. The towels there were old and tattered. We had to pay a 65 dollar cleaning fee which upset me since I left the unit cleaner upon my departure! I did e-mail my concerns to Chuck and to date have not received a response. The pool was clean during our stay and there was a pool cleaning service there on several occasions during our stay. Room definitely needed updating and a better cleaning service. All in all, I did not let this ruin my vacation, however, some TLC is definitely needed if they want to retain my business.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
9 Thank Donette H

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Pa.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

This is our 4th year and 4th different Condo at Kima. We have found the same "homey" feeling each year. Great location, easy to navigate the area, very laid back area. Lot of fun things to nearby. We made our reservation for 2014 on our second day's stay in 2013.

Room Tip: We have stayed on 4 of the 5 floors; loved them all!
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank gayle72Pa
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

Chuck is great to deal with; my suggestion, book early so you can try and get a good unit! Units have different owners and are furnished by their respective owners. Some are in excellent shape, others aren't. Unit 405 has seen better days for sure. Beds are very worn and uncomfortable due to sagging and living room furniture is no better. Only thing that kept us going was the gorgeous beach on the other side of the balcony! AC doesn't cool the condo as efficiently as it could. TV's in the bedrooms are old dinosaurs! Decor is old and outdated and the unit wasn't as clean as expected, especially the kitchen and balcony. Definitely needs a facelift! New fridge and new stove should also be added to the must-do list!
Building maintenance guy needs to retire in favor of a MUCH younger, MUCH less uptight person! I've never stayed in a place that has a more grumpy maintenance guy working for them. The pool was never clean, it always had debris in it and was never clear, always cloudy.

Room Tip: Ask when the suggested unit was last updated in order to get a great one!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank travellingthrutime2
Kingsland, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed in unit 204. It had updated decor including a flat screen tv in the living room. The beds were comfortable and the linens provided were high quality. The kitchen was stocked with all the dishes and utensils that you need for meals. You can stand at the kitchen sink and see the ocean through the sliding glass door.
The balcony is very large and extends across the living room and master bedroom. We had two nice aderondack chairs plus a table, lounger, and chair. The beach is right in front of you no matter what unit you are in. You can leave your beach chairs, etc out all day because you can see them from your balcony with no problem.
You have to use a key to get into the pool and on the beach. This is for security, but was a bit of a pain. I heard lots of grumbling about it during the week. The pool is small, but never got crowded. If you have a large group, you might look for another place, but for a small family trip, this was a great place. We would stay at Kima again.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms are more updated than others. Corner units are larger with extended balconies.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
7 Thank Michele W
Edwardsville, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

Today is our last day at Kima. It has been almost 10 years since our last stay. Our unit was awesome. It was very clean. It had beach chairs and toys for the kids. We also had a flat screen tv in our unit. We loved sitting out on the deck in the mornings drinking our coffee. We will definitely come back. Be sure to take your kids to Candy Kitxhen just a couple of blocks away!

• Stayed June 2012
6 Thank Christy S
Pedro, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

First time to Florida and we loved it. My sister, cousin and myself were able to spend 7 wonderful nights here. Wonderful Place. Great experience. The room was excellent. Plenty of room, clean and very secure. The pool wasn't very big, but was very relaxing to say the least. The beach was so calm, blue and peaceful. Not a lot of hustle and bustle. One of the best trips I've ever taken. Mr. Lunsford was great to work with. The balcony was awesome. With the views and watching the dolphins. The table and chairs were great to eat our lunch and watch the dolphins play. The lounge chair was great in the evenings and nights. I lounged there one night and was able to see a shooting star over the ocean (awesome!). Having the washer/dryer in the unit is a big plus too. This condo is close to alot of activities if you want to do more than relax. One afternoon, we went to St. John's Pass (about 1/2 mile away) and enjoyed the Dolphin Screamer (seen so many dolphins it was amazing) - would recommend that to anyone. St. John's Pass was nice for shopping and eating. You aren't far from Clearwater or St. Petersburgs - both nice places. Close to the airport. We flew in from West Virginia, rented a car and had a very enjoyable trip. Thanks again to Mr. Lunsford - he told me I wouldn't want to go back to Myrtle Beach - and he was absolutely right.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Cindy_Ohio_12
North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

Stayed in condo 305 for 3 weeks in Oct 2011. Condo was bright and spacious, 2 bedrooms with the master bedroom walking out on to the balcony. It also has a huge walk in closet. The Balcony was huge and the views great. Beach was clean and the sea perfect. Got a great deal from the owners via VRBO. Would recommend staying here. There was one 2 two minor things that needed attention but nothing major. I would suggest to owners to make a few new upgrades and it would be perfect.

Room Tip: we got condo 305, but if u got a corner unit, you would have a wrap around balcony.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
Sunset Vistas Beachfront Suites
#6 of 48 in Treasure Island
4.5 of 5 stars 1,502 reviews
Courtyard St. Petersburg Clearwater/Madeira Beach

Been to Kima Condominiums Madeira Beach? Share your experiences!