“I get the nostalgia, but the quality is just OK”
Review of Candy Kitchen

Candy Kitchen
Ranked #1 of 12 Dessert in Madeira Beach
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed March 25, 2014

People who've been coming here for 50 yrs will probably not like my review. I get that this place has been on the beach forever, and that people are bringing their kids to where they got a candy bar or ice cream 30 yrs ago, but other than that nostalgia, there is really nothing special about their ice cream. I've had ice cream from Chicago to Key West, and I can tell you that Rainbow Ice Cream (Chicago) kicks the snot out of this place, as does Love Boat Ice Cream (Ft Myers), and even the Amish Ice Cream down the street is better. But if the reason you want to go there is because it's "old", then I get it.

Reviewed March 8, 2014

We have been coming to the Candy Kitchen for more than 15 years. For me, they make the best hot fudge sundae I have ever eaten, It is delicious, All of their ice cream and sauces are made by them and are outstanding. My husband likes their milkshakes and my daughters like the sundaes also. The original building is very quaint with the old fashion candy for sale that I used to buy as a kid. Such a fun thing to see all the old candy for sale. It is not unusual to see the line out the door and down the sidewalk as it is a very popular spot with both locals and tourists.

Reviewed March 2, 2014

We were told by locals that this was the place to go. They were right. Good selection of ice cream and even bigger selection of candy. Frozen chocolate banana hit the spot. Be prepared to wait as the line is usually out the door.

Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

The staff is super friendly!! Even when the kids need to sample multiple flavors. Best tasting ice cream that brings us back every time we visit Madeira beach. Also the prices are a bargain!

Reviewed March 2, 2014

This is the best ice cream and candy shop we have ever been to in all our travels all over the world. The ice cream is home made, the portions are amazing, the walls are stacked floor to ceiling with hundreds of candies and drinks. It is a kid's paradise, but it is the adults who come in droves- there were 30 people ahead of us lining the sidewalk and waiting patiently. it was worth the wait. I had hot fudge over butter pecan ice cream served up with humor and a smile by a young man,whose right arm was twice as big as his left from continually scoping up ice cream. I LOVE this place and only wish I could buy a house next store so I wouldn't have have to travel to get there.