“Great price...Great people...Good stuff”

Lisa's Cafe of Madeira
Ranked #16 of 80 Restaurants in Madeira Beach
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed August 25, 2010

Cruised into lisa's cafe to try something new. Nice decor was accompanied by friendly staff & a chat with the owner. Burger & fried shrimp basket was "good & plenty". Cold beer & good prices will keep these "okies" coming back!

Reviewed August 24, 2010

From the moment we sat down it seemed the waitress had an attitude. We had a coupon that was not very clear and asked about it and she seemed to smurk at us for not understanding it. They need to make the coupon clearer and then to find out it didn't save us anything on our meal. I ordered the clam chowder and though it tasted good it was very thin. I am used to thick chowder. Then I also ordered the chicken salad and there was something about the sandwich that just did not taste right. We love trying new places but we will not be returning to this one.

2  Thank LoveDocksideDaves
Reviewed August 23, 2010

This little cafe has it all for the casual diner — great food, a warm, welcoming environment. Lisa (of Lisa's Cafe) is most often the greeter and hugs for all regular visitors. We were there for dinner ... excellent and for breakfast .... excellent! Lisa's has the kind of chef you'd love to take home with you — the kind of "food crafter" who will spoil you ... your own meatloaf is no longer as good as you remember it! This cafe is a must when visiting the Florida Gulf South Beaches. Don't miss it. BTW — Sunday morning starting at 9 AM ... Eggs Benedict ... or wait until 11 AM and begin the day with Mimosas and Eggs Benedict (all very affordable)!

Reviewed August 19, 2010

I'm so glad that I stumbled upon this great little cafe! I thought they only did breakfast, but they offer the biggest burgers, seafood, and great specials for dinner every night- from fantastic meatloaf to exquisite fine dining dishes with seafood or chicken. Folks- this is NO diner. AND this isn't a chain restaurant.
Lisa is there ALL the time, and adds her own flair!
She has a great new salad dressing, a great selection of wines, AND experienced servers. Get out and try it! You will LOVE THIS place.... just like I did on my FIRST visit!

Reviewed August 18, 2010

I went for a much needed getaway weekend with my son in Madeira Beach. On our walk to John's Pass to find a restaurant, we came across "Lisa's Cafe"... it was so close to where we were staying, we decided to go there. I never saw them listed on AAA (which she explained they're opened three to four months only)! It was a blessing!

Right from the start, Lisa sat us down... her hospitality was wonderful and genuine! I don't drink - but she talked me into trying her just made "Sangria". It was made with organic brown sugar - and was absolutely delicious! The clams were just in fresh...so I ordered the "Linquine w/ white clam sauce"... The flavor was out of this world! My son enjoyed his Grouper platter -- but, when Lisa brought out her "hot out-of-the-oven" "Blueberry Cobbler" with vanilla ice cream... that was it! He was sold!! (So was I!) That had to be the BEST cobbler I ever had (and I've traveled and tried many different cuisines)! Right then, my son and I decided... "okay, this will be our place to eat for the remainder of our stay in Madeira!" It was unanimous!

Next day, I had their infamous "Grouper Oscar" with a Hollandaise Sauce that was just great! My son thoroughly enjoyed the "Seafood Platter"... We also had their Prime Rib (which was so good, I failed to get a picture of it). Lisa and Richard were so kind to save us two (because they go fast) for our dinner that day. We told them we'd be back and those Prime Ribs were ready and rearing to for us!

Breakfast and brunch there was like being served at home...with the best homefries (with peppers, onions and a flavor). I did not want to miss that breakfast before leaving Madeira! Oh... speaking of potatoes... My son (a 14-yr old) said he could eat those homemade fries right off the plate (i.e., w/o ketchup) because they were that good... nicely browned with skin and all (nothing frozen). Even I preferred them over a baked potato!

Lisa, the owner, is so sweet, caring and kind...with an awesome heart for people! She also has a keen awareness of each customer's preferences and is ready to serve along with her servers -- with a cheerful heart. I know we will be back to Madeira...and Lisa's Cafe will still be our favorite place -- so long as it's still "Lisa's Cafe".