“Great Breakfast”

Lisa's Cafe of Madeira
Ranked #16 of 80 Restaurants in Madeira Beach
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children
Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

They are closed on Tuesday's. Stopped by for breakfast with my family. The sausage and biscuits are awesome. The owner was very nice and appreciative of our business. Price was average. Food tasted fresh. I would definitely go again.

1  Thank Ray N

Reviewed June 1, 2014

First off, the owner is extremely pushy with selling and, in the future (after our experience) should not tout her food as being fresh and "taking a little longer to make because of how good it is" because she is WRONG. I understand it's her business but she talked for easily 5 minutes about all her "fresh" food and then dinner options (???) at 10 am. Waitress got our drinks right after Lisa finally stopped talking, but the Pepsi was flat. She got me another drink right away at least. Watched her tell Lisa we didn't think the soda tasted right and Lisa ignored her. Onto the food: we ordered an omelette, biscuits and gravy, and ONE EGG. I do not think this is a difficult order to cook but sure enough after an hour of waiting the omelette came out 100% wrong. At that point we had to leave. Also, we both felt very uncomfortable because Lisa was loudly and blatantly rude to her cook regarding the messed up meal (I can understand discussing the screwup with him but not loudly and in front of people!!) and she was condescending and rude to our waitress who told us after we asked if Lisa is usually like this, that it was her 3rd day working at the cafe and she was so sorry for the wait time and MANY other issues we encountered at this place. At least the waitress kept our drinks full but that didn't stop Lisa from berating her in front of our table and others near us as well. Overall, very uncomfortable with not only what we had to overhear (her loudly telling employees they are wrong in front of guests-personally I feel like there is a time and a place for that but maybe Lisa feels differently) but extremely disgusted at the fact we waiting an hour for food that was not only wrong but not cooked the way she went on endlessly about at the beginning of her meal. Do not eat here. The wait is NOT worth the meal. The good reviews on here, from what I overheard and have gathered are from her begging people to review as they leave the cafe. There are so many great places in the area, don't waste your time at this overpriced cafe. Final note, the bar is a cluttered mess and made me certain I did not want anything from it. Who wants their bar drinks/coffee from an area littered with god knows what?

1  Thank KendraHamilton812
Reviewed May 25, 2014

Very disappointed in the total experience. For a higher priced restaurant the food was below expectations, the staff was a bit short and questions on info found on the web site was met with "well, it's old". Seriously?
Suggest one walk another block and have a better experience.

Reviewed May 23, 2014 via mobile

After hearing great things about the breakfast I figured dinner or lunch would be just as awesome. Figured wrong food was expensive but very good. service below par I would have thought I was at a Burger King not a bistro to say. Crusted tilapia awesome. Now I will admit I was with a family of four and we were not dressed to the nines, but I never do unless I go somewhere that requires it on purpose lets you see how they truly treat the guest. My opinion avoid it. Not worth your money or time

Reviewed May 19, 2014

We were pleased to find something locally owned and not too touristy close to our hotel. We enjoyed their burgers, salads, fish sandwich, and even the kids' chicken tenders were delicious! Fresh french fries were awesome.